Salsa Chicken Bruschetta
Sharing our favorite Chicken Bruschetta recipe today! You are going to love this Salsa Chicken Bruschetta with Hummus! So many great flavors on each little toast.
Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
If you haven’t had this chicken bruschetta recipe yet, you are in for a treat! Today, I created a delicious bruschetta that is full of flavor and takes no time at all to prepare. I suggest using a nice flavorful rotisserie chicken, so you can put these gorgeous toasts together in minutes for your guests.
Slice your baguette nice and thin then toast in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or so until toasted.
How To Make Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub chicken breast with olive oil then rub salt, pepper and cumin. Bake in small dish covered lightly with foil, for 50-60 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Thinly slice baguette in oven for 15 minutes or until toasted to your desire. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of Sabra Hummus over toasted baguette slices and top with a teaspoon of Sabra Salsa. Top with a thin slice or two of chicken breast. Serve immediately.
Once your toasts are cooled spread a nice layer of hummus.
What Is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta in Italian means toasted bread with toppings. You can make it as simple or elaborate as you want. Assemble some quickly for a snack or invest a little more in substantial toppings and make a meal out of it. Toasted bread with olive oil, that’s the base – say, a baguette or a country-style Italian loaf. Then you need olive oil, garlic and the topping of your choice. Keep in mind, my sweet bruschetta is just for fun, obviously not your typical bruschetta.
One thing to remember is that “CH” in Italian is ALWAYS pronounced like the English K. Therefore, SCH of bruSCHetta must be pronounced like SK, just like in ‘musketeers.
Top your hummus layer with a touch of salsa.
Simple and beautiful!
This Salsa Chicken Bruschetta is the perfect finger food for your upcoming parties! Quick to prepare and full of great flavor.
- 1 large chicken breast Or use a rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1/2 cup prepared plain hummus I use Sabra
- 1/4 cup salsa Use your favorite prepared salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Rub chicken breast with olive oil then rub salt, pepper and cumin. Bake in small dish covered lightly with foil, for 50-60 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing. Note, use a rotisserie chicken breast already cooked if you'd like.
Thinly slice baguette in oven for 15 minutes or until toasted to your desire. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Spread a thin layer of hummus over toasted baguette slices and top with a teaspoon of prepared salsa. Top with a thin slice or two of chicken breast. Serve immediately.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.