Sharing one of our favorite ground chicken recipes today, the most easy and delicious ground chicken meatballs made with minimal ingredients.
Table of Contents
On Of Our Best Ground Chicken Recipes!
With the craziness going on at the grocery stores right now, I was grateful to find some ground chicken available. We love making ground chicken meatballs, meatloaf and burgers. All of these easy recipes are a great option for quick dinner ideas!
Ingredients For Chicken Meatballs
These ground chicken meatballs only need a handful of ingredients and are totally delicious! I use ranch dressing mix and Cholula hot sauce as a quick and easy shortcuts to add flavor. These meatballs are so good!
- ground chicken– Look for ground chicken in the meat department by the other chicken pieces.
- Italian Dressing Mix– Find the Italian Dressing Mix in the salad dressing isle near the other salad dressings. It’s sold in individual packets.
- Ranch Dressing Mix, dry– Same with the Ranch Dressing Mix, it’s sold in individual packets near the salad dressing.
- eggs– For consistency I use large eggs in my cooking and baking.
- grated Parmesan Cheese– Your favorite brand of grated Parmesan works great here.
- hot sauce such as Cholula– Any favorite hot sauce works great here.
- kosher salt, black pepper– Salt and pepper give the meatballs their flavor.
- dry bread crumbs– Bread crumbs such as Progresso work great.
How To Make Chicken Meatballs
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine ingredients. When well combined, form into meatballs, I used 1/3 cup size for larger meatballs. Place oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot add meatballs to hot pan, in batches browning both sides until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- When cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Serve in pasta sauce over your favorite cooked pasta.
Once chicken meatballs are mixed, roll into little balls and place onto foil or parchment paper to get ready for cooking in the skillet.
Tips for the Best Meatballs
- Don’t skip the breadcrumbs. These help the meatballs hold their shape and also add an irresistible texture. I used Progresso Seasoned bread crumbs, you can even make your own bread crumbs if you’d like. Toast bread until crisp then crush into crumbs.
- Can I use other kinds of meat? Yes, ground turkey and ground beef works great too.
What Temperature Should Chicken Be Cooked?
The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer for the best most safe method. If you’re cooking a whole bird, insert the thermometer in the thigh meat, without touching the bone. If you don’t have a thermometer, an easy visual clue is all juices are clear and not pink.
Can I Freeze Chicken Meatballs?
Yes, cook meatballs according to recipe instructions, let cool so not hot then store in an airtight container in the freezer up to 2 months.
How To Serve Meatballs
Serve meatballs over your favorite pasta with pasta sauce. White pasta sauce is great too. Use meatballs for meatball hoagies and even in salad. Very versatile!
Simple Ground Chicken Meatballs
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 3 pounds ground chicken
- 0.7 ounce packet Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1.0 ounce packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs such as Progresso
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce such as Cholula
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine ingredients. When well combined, form into meatballs, I used 1/3 cup size for larger meatballs. Place oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot add meatballs to hot pan, in batches browning both sides until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. When cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Serve in pasta sauce over your favorite cooked pasta.
Pin Chicken Meatballs To Your Favorite Recipe Board