Sharing our favorite turkey meatballs today! The BEST turkey meatball recipe in my opinion. With a few simple tips, you will be able to make these healthier meatballs that go great in pasta or just by themselves.
We are huge homemade meatball fans around our house. I make them for pasta, meatball hoagies and even for appetizers during parties. Such a great recipe to have on hand for so many occasions. With my recipe, you’ll forget these are actually healthier meatballs! Enjoy.
Try my Classic Homemade Meatballs too. Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Turkey Meatball Recipe
How To Make Turkey Meatballs
Whether you’re making burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf, it’s best to keep the meat handling to a minimum. It has a direct impact on the texture of the finished recipe: When over-handled, the meat compacts and results in a tough finished product.
When mixing the ingredients and shaping meatloaf, burgers, and meatballs, handle the meat as little as possible. Lightly oiled hands and a soft touch is is the goal.
For my turkey meatballs today, I’ve added some feta cheese, chopped onions, and some seasonings. They come out perfectly flavorful!
Turkey Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
Roll your meatballs into 2 inch meatballs to get ready for the hot skillet.
I cook my meatballs in a little extra virgin olive oil, browning on all sides.
Turkey Meatball Temperature
To prevent dry meat, cook ground turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. I cooked my burgers about 5 minutes per side over medium heat, checking to make sure internal temperature was 165 degrees F.
I placed some warm pasta sauce on a serving plate, added my turkey meatballs to the plate and garnished with sliced green onion. Serve as an appetizer, with a bowl of pasta or inside rolls for meatball hoagies. Lots of delicious options. Enjoy!
Homemade Turkey Meatballs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce such as Cholula
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place all meatball ingredients into a large bowl. Gently mix until combined.
- Roll into 1 inch meatballs and in batches, add to hot skillet browning all sides until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serving Ideas: Place hot meatballs onto a serving plate with warm pasta sauce and top with chopped green onions. Serve with pasta or in rolls for hoagies.