Oh how I love slower cooker recipes here at Picky Palate. I plan on doing more of these but today we’ve brought you a favorable, simple chicken slow cooker recipe that will be sure to knock your socks off. 🙂
With school in full swing, I am all over breaking out my crock pot more often. Between homework and sports starting, mama just doesn’t have much time in the kitchen these days! I love the thought of starting dinner in the morning then having it ready when the kids get home from school.
Raw chicken is a bit unpleasant to look at, so lets move quickly, lol! Place your chicken into your favorite crock pot.
Season with one packet of Ranch Dressing Seasoning. I found this organic one at Whole Foods.
Time for the chicken broth.
A little stone ground mustard up next.
Honey time. This is such a great dinner. You’ll love this one!
Add a few tablespoons of fresh thyme, then let the crock pot do all of the work. Love!
To serve, cook up some whole wheat pasta noodles then toss them in olive oil and garlic. Dinner is served 🙂
For other Slow Cooker Picky Palate favorites, try these:
Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Chicken Over Garlic Pasta
- 2 pounds chicken of your choice, we used thighs
- 1 ounce packet packet of Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place chicken into crock pot. Sprinkle Ranch seasoning over chicken along with mustard, honey, chicken broth and thyme. Stir with spoon, cover lid and let cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and strain broth through a fine sieve to remove fats. Place chicken and broth back into crock pot. Add 2 more tablespoons of mustard and 2 more tablespoons of honey. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Heat oil and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Add pasta, stirring to combine. Season with garlic salt. To serve, place pasta on a plate then top with chicken. Spoon broth/sauce over top.
Makes 8 Servings
This post contains affiliate links
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.