Sharing a favorite meal prep today! My Spicy Honey Chicken Rice Bowls are perfect for preparing ahead for lunch and dinners to grab in the fridge when you need them!
My husband and I love getting in the kitchen and preparing meals like this one in advance so we have healthy lunch and or dinner options in the refrigerator ready for heating up. I can’t tell you how nice it is to just grab the container, heat it up and have a quick healthy meal in minutes. One of my favorites is this spicy honey chicken with roasted vegetables and brown rice. It is so simple, but very flavorful and filling. Give yourself a good hour and a half or so and you’ll have lots of food prepared for the week.
Meal Prep Ideas
The nice part about this recipe is you can use your favorite vegetables, whatever you have in the fridge. I really enjoy carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, onions, etc.
My secret sauce is literally 2 ingredients for the chicken. Franks RedHot Wings Buffalo sauce and honey. Try it. So so good mixed with roasted chicken.
Add your honey, give a good mix and chicken is ready for layering.
Meal Prep Recipes
It helps to get everything organized before you get started with your containers. I put everything in bowls so I can easily get my containers ready for the refrigerator.
Start by layering your rice then chicken into your containers.
Meal Prep Containers
Top with the roasted vegetables then close container with lid. Place in refrigerator up to 4 days. Heat in microwave when ready to eat.
I like to drizzle a little extra Hot sauce over top before I enjoy my bowls. Mmmm 🙂
Spicy Honey Chicken Rice Bowls
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for “wings”
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 cups Roasted Vegetables of your choice I used green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. I use THIS method for roasting most of my vegetables
- Place chicken into a large skillet over medium low heat. Stir in hot sauce and honey, stirring to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, until hot. Remove and transfer to a large bowl. Place brown rice into a large bowl and place roasted vegetables into a large bowl.
- Get out 4-5 medium tupperware containers. Layer the bottom with about 1/2 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of cooked chicken and 1 heaping cup of roasted vegetables. Cover with lid and place in refrigerator until ready to heat up for lunch or dinner.
- Note: To roast vegetables….Place vegetables of your choice onto a large baking sheet. I like to line my baking sheets with either a split liner or tin foil. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with pinches of salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes depending on how large your vegetables are. Use a fork to test vegetables after about 15 minutes. If it pierces easily with a fork, they are ready to go!