These Avocado Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce are such a fun twist on the classic hot dog! This easy grilling recipe will be a huge hit at your next barbeque!
The Best Hot Dogs Recipe
I am so excited to share the news about my friend Lori of Recipe Girl’s new cookbook! I’ve known Lori for years, we’ve been to dozens of events and conferences together and am so happy and proud of her and her new book. Lori is a busy mom (to RecipeBoy) and wife who KNOWS how to cook and entertain. Her book is chock-full of mouthwatering recipes for every occasion. Not only are her recipes family friendly and delicious, but Matt Armendariz and Adam Pearson photographed and styled the book. They also did my book and I know first hand they are the best of the best!
What a treat it is to see so many talented food bloggers publishing cookbooks. They are by far my favorites on my cookbook shelf. Be sure to scroll down below the recipe and enter to win a KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender and Recipe Girl Cookbook to help celebrate Lori’s new book!
Make sure you head over to Amazon or wherever books are sold to pick yourself up a copy of Lori’s book!
I chose a lunch recipe to share with you today. I love a good hot dog from time to time and Lori’s Avocado Topped Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce caught my eye right away. Avocado and chipotle sauce? Yes please!
Please note the original recipe has chopped tomatoes.
A Super Simple Recipe
Talk about an easy lunch to whip up for either yourself or for some friends. You can grill these babies or just boil them right on the stovetop. The chipotle sauce is just mayonnaise and a touch of chipotle sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. You can find this in the Mexican section of your grocery store.
Avocado Hot Dogs with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chipotle adobo sauce
- 8 good quality hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 tbsp salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup Cojita cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. To prepare chipotle sauce, in a medium bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and chipotle sauce. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble the hot dogs.
- To prepare the hot dogs, grill the hot dogs, turning often until they have grill marks on all sides, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, spread 1/2 tablespoon of the butter inside each bun. Grill the buns butter side down on the edges of the grill, where it's not so hot. Remove the buns from the grill when they are lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- To assemble, place a hot dog in each toasted bun, then top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce. Divide the tomato, avocados and cheese among the dogs and serve immediately.
See Widget below to get entered for the giveaway! Winner will have choice of 12 colors to choose from for their blender. Please read complete rules found on the widget.
I’ve learn several excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you put to make this type of fantastic informative web site.
Thanks in favor of sharing such a good idea, paragraph is fastidious, thats why i have read it entirely
Hot dog + avocado = why didn’t I think of that?! Looks good.
Recipe book looks great!
Nothing better on a hot dog (or in quinoa) than Avocado!!! Yum!
After seeing these hotdogs, I’m ready to fire up the grill (in spite of the still-chilly temps!).
Lori’s book looks spectacular!