This Weeknight Beef Taco Pasta is the perfect dinner for busy days. Easy dinner recipes for family! Taco flavor perfection!
Easy Dinner Recipes For Family
Having quick and easy dinner recipes on hand is a MUST when you’ve got lots going on during the weekdays. Having three boys, I know how important it is to have great pasta recipes that I can whip up in no time.
This quick fix pasta quickly became a family favorite. My boys went nuts for it. All of your favorite beef taco ingredients into a fun pasta dish. Get creative and add your own favorite ingredients. Corn kernels, black olives, shredded cheese, sour cream are all great options.
This is a great recipe to serve for a large party too, takes no time at all to prepare.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring simple Mexican-style recipes.
How To Make Taco Pasta
Here’s your simple line up of ingredients.
The star ingredients are Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix.
Once your beef is browned, start adding your taco topping ingredients.
Be sure to not overcook your pasta, I like to set my timer for one minute less than the box says.
Add your cooked pasta to the beef mixture. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning.
Give a good stir and garnish with additional green onions and cilantro.
This is also great with a spoon of your favorite salsa stirred in.
- 1 pound dry small pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet Old El Paso Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Old El Paso whole green chilies chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 5 quart dutch oven or pot full of water over medium heat. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened. Add ground beef, salt and pepper cooking until crumbled and browned. Add cooked pasta back to dutch oven, stir in beef mixture, taco seasoning, chilies,tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
Pin Taco Pasta
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2016. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.