Sharing my Turkey Taco Soup Mac today packed with all of our taco favorites!!
You’re going to love this speedy dinner, Turkey Taco Soup Mac!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple and delicious Mexican style recipes! I whipped up this quick and easy to prepare taco soup that the whole family loved. It’s warm and hearty, perfect for busy weeknights. Hope you enjoy!
Turkey Taco Soup Mac Ingredients
Here’s your line-up of ingredients. I used Old El Paso’s Taco Seasoning and Chopped Green Chilies.
Why Should I Use Ground Turkey?
Ground turkey is a great alternative to ground beef every now and then! Three ounces of ground turkey has 190 calories while three ounces ground beef has 248 calories. There is one gram of fat in ground turkey and ground beef has 18 grams. The cholesterol levels have a major difference. While ground turkey has 55 milligrams, ground beef has 76 milligrams. And finally, ground turkey has 26 grams of protein and ground beef as 20 grams.
Start by browning and seasoning your ground turkey.
Add your Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies.
Add your Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Some diced tomatoes with chilies.
Add the beans and corn up next.
Some dry Ranch Dressing dip seasoning.
Add your chicken broth and bring soup to a low boil.
Can I Leave Out The Pasta?
Yes, you can leave out the pasta in this recipe, no problem. The mac gives the soup lots of volume, so just know it will be much more “soupy” than thick 🙂
Add your dry pasta, cover to cook until ad dente.
We love this hearty quick fix dinner. Hope you enjoy!
Tips For Turkey Taco Soup Mac
*Feel free to substitute the protein to whatever you are in the mood for. Ground beef, chicken and even sausage works great
*Be sure to not overcook the pasta. Test it after 6 minutes then turn heat to low/simmer.
*Top each bowl with sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and your favorite hot sauce if desired.
Turkey Taco Soup Mac
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso Diced Green Chilies
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 10 ounce can Diced tomatoes with chilies mild
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch Dip Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 cups dry elbow pasta noodles
- Place oil in large pot over medium heat. Stir in turkey, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cook until browned.
- Stir in green chilies, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, Ranch dip seasoning and cumin. Stir to combine and increase heat until soup comes to a low boil.
- Stir in pasta, reduce heat back to medium heat and cover with lid. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until pasta is cooked al dente. Reduce heat to low and serve.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
I love taco and i love soups so a Turkey Taco soup sounds amazing! Definitely gonna try this recipe, thanks for it 🙂
wow..! i love soup and your turkey taco soup mac looks soooo yummy & delicious, i will trying to making this soup in upcoming weekend. Thanks for sharing and keep shared new ideas….!
It looks very good, I’ll do it.
Old El Paso taco seasoning makes anything delicious. It’s been a major staple in my life for as long as I can remember. I’ll have to give this recipe a shot. Thanks for sharing! -Joe
I’m making this tomorrow!
This was good but it definitely needs at least 3 cups of chicken broth or else it just loses all of its soup-ness. I would also half one of the cans of beans
I totally agree with more chicken broth!