Sharing a simple penne pasta today! My Weeknight Sausage and Cheesy Vegetable Penne Pasta makes dinner stress-free and delicious!
Penne Pasta Recipe
Pasta is such a great weeknight dinner choice. You can dress it up in so many different ways, which is probably why it makes an appearance a couple times each week in our house. I developed a new pasta recipe for you today that literally only has a few ingredients which makes it so great for weeknight cooking! I had so much fun sitting back and watching my boys devour this pasta recipe.
I used a mini penne pasta for this recipe, however feel free to use whatever small pasta your family enjoys most.
Add your pasta to browned sausage and give a good stir.
Add your bag of Green Giant™ Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce and dinner is about ready! Stir in a few splashes of milk, garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper then you are ready to go.
Nothing like a hot bowl of flavorful pasta for dinner. The entire family is going to love this one!
Before, I would just whip up pasta with some sausage or ground beef which the kids enjoy but I love that by adding those cheesy vegetables you get a whole new dinner idea that could not be more simple.
Weeknight Sausage Penne Pasta
- 1/2 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage
- 12 ounce bag Frozen Broccoli Carrots, Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce Steamer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add sausage, cook and stir until browned. Add cooked pasta, reduce heat to low and stir to combine.
- Cook Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce Steamer according to package directions. Carefully open and add to pasta. Stir to combine then add seasonings and milk. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until hot. Remove from heat and serve.