Oct
2007

Banana Bread with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips

I found this recipe on another blog and just had to try it. http://onehotstove.blogspot.com/ I always change a few things according to what I have available the time I make it. Check out the original as well. I like this bread because it is not overly sweet. It is very good. I baked it in a pan with 8 mini loaves. You can also bake it in one loaf pan. Check it out.

1 Cup flour (wheat or white)
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 Cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1/4 Cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon milk
2 Tablespoons honey

1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray desired loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. Place 1st 5 dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the next 7 wet ingredients together in a large bowl and add dry ingredients, stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips until just combined. Transfer mixture into mini loaf pans or regular loaf pan. If using mini pan, bake for 18-20 minutes. For regular loaf pan 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*Yummy with honey butter

Comments

Kim A says:

What CAN’T you do?

You are such a geek!

Cate says:

Didn’t see a way to contact you on your web site – can you drop me a line when you get a sec?

Hi Cate,
    Just sent over an email. Feel free to contact me.

Brittney Smith says:

Hey Jenny–How are you?? I dont know if you remember me, but our boys played soccer last year together. My son was Crew, and I had a little one year old, Jersi. Anyway, one of my friends had your blog under their Favorite blog sites, and when I clicked on it whala, it’s you!! Anyways, I bookmarked your blog, so I can try some of your recipes. Thanks so much for posting them!!

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Jen..I bought some of the butter today..it was so great on an apple!!

Hi Brittney,
    Of coarse I remember you. That was such a funny soccer season. I loved how none of the kids on our team wanted to play. Crew was most willing, what a cutie he is! We’re trying T-Ball now.

Hope you like the recipes!

Lisa,
    Glad you got the butter. Yumm…, on apples, I’ll have to try it. Great on muffins too! Enjoy it. I’ve got to get some more soon.

[...] captured my attention. This recipe is one I adapted from picky palate, make sure you check out the original along with the many other delicious recipes Jenny has so kindly [...]