Nov
2007

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

I found this recipe while searching for a yummy peanut butter cookie online. This one came up in all-recipes.com and I really like it. They are soft inside and perfectly crisp on the outside. I love the chocolate chunks in these. I found a bag from Nestle at Walmart. Really tasty and worth trying. Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

**I used a medium cookie scoop and baked for 10 minutes, for a smaller cookie. After scooping on baking sheet, I pressed each cookie down about 1/2 inch because they don’t spread much. It made about 3 dozen cookies**

Comments

Colin's Mom says:

I just found your blog a couple of days ago and have already gotten a lot of good recipes from you! I love to cook, especially bake, but am finding less time to do it now that I have a 5-month old. I now find myself searching for quick recipes that still taste gourmet (or at least like they took some effort). I was wondering if you had any ideas about a cranberry cake? Random, I know but I bake for my coworkers birthdays and someone requested something cranberry with a cream cheese or caramel frosting. I’ve searched the web and only come up with bundt cakes (not a big fan) or cranberry upside down cake. Why are there no cranberry cake recipes that are the traditional layered cake? I wonder if it’s because it takes such a dense cake to hold up to the cranberries or what? So if you have a recipe or any ideas, let me know. Thanks!!

Hello,
    Glad you found picky palate. I know what it’s like with little ones, it does get hard to find time to cook!

I’ll do some checking around for a cranberry cake, I’m sure I’ll find one soon!

Thanks again for visiting.

Hi Colin’s Mom,
    If any of these call for a bundt pan, you can always use 2 9inch cake pans, that’s what I do if I want a layered cake. If it doesn’t call for frosting, use my cream cheese frosting from my “Mile High” cake. Check some of these out. Good luck!

Pumpkin Cranberry Cake: http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blc72.htm

Orange Cranberry Cake:

Cranberry Pudding Cake:

New Years Cranberry Cake:

Cranberry Ribbon Cake:

Bev and Ollie "O" says:

OMG!!!!! They looks soo good!!! I am salivating just looking at them. yummy

Thanks Bev and Olie!
    I noticed that you are a daring baker. I am so excited to start my first Challenge in December!

Julie says:

Those cookies look so good, I love them when they are extra chunky.

Same here Julie,
    Chocolate chunk anything starts calling my name!

kristen hansen says:

Those look devine! I am a sucker for anything chunk! I also love the berry muffins you have posted up top. YUM! YOu are my culinary hero!

Kristen,
    Thanks for your nice post. I too love chunk chocolate in my cookies.

Those muffins are totally worth trying. I just had one for breakfast today and it was heavenly! Hope you enjoy!

Anonymous says:

hey im dominique and im a baker in training. I saw your cookie recipe and i was looking last night On Demand and Martha Stewart made the same recipe but she forgot to tell me what degree to preheat my oven so i googled it and found your but you seem like a great cook and good luck in your baking