Jul
2008

Thin Mint N’Chip Crispers

Tags:

Cookies

Good Sunday Morning! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! It’s been a nice weekend here, we spent Fri night watching my sister’s cutest kids so her and her hubby could celebrate her birthday, which is today. Yay, Happy Birthday cutie! Check out her clothing boutique if you are a hip and trendy hot mama like her!

Saturday, before we headed to my sister’s house, I drug the whole family to the farmer’s market. It was so comical, I had one kid crying because he wanted to sit in the big part of the grocery cart and the other child tugging at my shirt because he wanted to get in the basket too. Amidst all the chaos, I raced around the store and managed to pick up a huge basket full of fresh fruit and veggis that I am so excited to get my hands on this week. Stay tuned for some garden fresh recipes.

I know I promised the browies first, but these cookies just couldn’t wait. I am usually not a fan of flat, crisp cookies, but this recipe changed my mind completely.

I felt like a mad scientist Thursday night in my kitchen. The whole family had gone to bed and I felt like making something fun. I pulled out my Andes Thin Mint Chip pieces, and whipped up this cookie recipe. They are perfectly round, crisp on the edges but chewy in the center. You’ll notice I added 3 Tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding, it really gave them a nice chewy consistency. I love how you can stack these cookies so nicely too, they make really cute gifts in a little bag with a ribbon.

I got a little carried away with all the pictures! See you all soon with 2 garden fresh pasta recipes and of course those brownies I promised!

Thin Mint N’ Chip Crispers

1 Cup softened butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
½ Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ Cups all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons instant jello French vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
10 oz bag Andes Mint Chips/pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2. Combine flours, pudding mix, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to mixer along with the mint pieces until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop batter onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet, do not press cookies down. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges of cookies just start to turn golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

Yield about 36 cookies

Comments

bakingblonde says:

Looks good!!

You’ve been tagged, check my blog!

HoneyB says:

I love thin and crispy – add the Andes to the mix and it has to be yummy! The cookies look great! Looking forward to the brownies and garden fresh veggie postings!

Heather says:

These look fantastic you mad scientist you! I love mint and chocolate and a crisp cookie sounds good with a tall glass of milk. Great pictures too.

Prudy says:

Sunday is cookie day at my house-anything to make the kids love the Sabbath-so I’m adding this to my growing list of Sunday cookie recipes. Thanks, Jenny and I’m looking forward to all of your yummy garden recipes this week. BTW, you and your sister are so adorable, definitely two hot mamas.

Amber says:

Thank you for checking out my blog!I love your blog! I have a super picky husband so I like that your recipes are things he will eat. And it’s nice to try new things and go out of my box!

Leslie says:

these do looks great..like you I am not a big fan of crispy cookies..but w/ the andes pieces I bet they are outstanding! I love the photo shoot! I take soooo many photos of all my creations it is a bit funny..I always have the most difficult time choosing what pictures to post!

Kim A says:

Thanks for the b-day shout out! These cookies look like something I’d like to try you snitch!

Thanks Baking Blonde, I’ll go check out the tag!

Hi Honeyb
    Yes, these cookies were surprisingly tasty and crispy.

Thanks Heather!

Hi Prudy,
    It is so fun to bake on Sunday isn’t it? I’m trying to get to a muffin recipe I’ve had in mind today. Have fun with the kiddos!

Hi Amber,
    Great to have you here at Picky Palate! My husband is ultra picky too!

Hi Leslie,
    Yes, sometimes the photo shoots get way out of control!

Happy Birthday you little Snitchy! Wish you were going to mom’s tonight, wah!

Kevin says:

Those look great! I like the sound of the thin mints and vanilla pudding.

Jeena says:

Jeeny your cookies always look so good. I love choc and mint cookies, totally make these sound as delicious as they look in the pics.

Zen Chef says:

I never thought of using Andes mints in chocolate chip cookies. What a great idea!! I love it. Now can you Fedex me a dozen? :)

Anonymous says:

HEY ALL YOU PICKY PALATE LOVERS! I HAVE TO TOOT JENNY’S HORN ON THESE AWESOME MINT CHIPPERS. YUM, YUM AND YUM! GRAB A BIG GLASS OF ICE COLD MILK AND FIND A NICE QUIET CORNER AWAY FROM EVERYONE AND ENJOY! LOVE YOU JEN, AND LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
    MONA

Emiline says:

I love thin mints and I love cookies, so I know I would love these! They look thin, crispy and delicious.

Patsyk says:

Those cookies look perfect! I’ll have to get some of those Andes mint pieces so I can make them. Can’t wait to see what you do w/your veggie bounty!

Tina says:

These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them!

Ty'sMommy says:

OH! This makes me want to make my version of thin mint cookies. Ok, its actually Rachel Ray’s, but I love them and they are super easy.
    Get 2 tubes of store bought chocolate chip cookie dough. Press them into a half sheet pan. Break up an entire box of Thin Mint cookies into pieces and mash them down into the dough (by the way, I usually line my pan with parchment first, just to make removal easier). Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden on top. Melt a few chunks of white almond bark with a dab of milk and drizzle over COOLED pan of cookies. Cut them up and watch them disappear.

dobetter says:

Your cookies look fabulous. Perfect look and texture with thin mints. Can’t wait to try these.

Leah says:

Jenny, you should change your name to Cookie Queen….you have to cutest, yummiest ideas!

I just scrolled down and saw the Graham Cracker ‘Bruschetta’ — that is so flippin’ adorable!

Sharon says:

Mint and chocolate is my favorite combo & these are making me hungry. Adding pudding into cookies is a great trick. They always turn out yummy. Great cookies!

katskitchen says:

Yum, beautiful crispers :)

Sara says:

Oh my! These look divine! I have some Andes Mint chips, I’ve got to try them. Thanks!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

The cookies look so delicious Jenny! I love mint in anything, now combine it with a chocolate chip cookie and oh boy! We’r sure gonna need those veggies after these ones, lol!

Brooke says:

I just found your blog and WOW I am impressed!! There are so many recipes I want to try, and these cookies are at the top of the list! I love Andes Mints! I noticed your last name is Flake…so I am thinking we may be related in some distant way. Do you have relatives in Snowflake? Flake is my maiden name, my grandparents still live there. Just curious!!

M&M says:

I love your blog site! You have such tasty recipes! I am always peeking in to see what’s new. I am going to have to try these cookies out! Thought I should comment!

Shannon says:

I am making these as I type. The look soo good. A quick question can you sub wheat flour in any type of cookie? What is the exchange rate for white flour? I bet my kids won’t even know it is in there. Way to sneek in some goodness.

Hi Shannon,
    However much flour the cookie recipe calls for I usually do half whole wheat flour. If you are substituting all wheat flour look at the bag of wheat flour and it says what the ratio is. I just ran out and I can’t remember exactly. Hope you enjoy! I love these!

Deborah says:

I love the Andes mint pieces, so I’m sure I’d love these!!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

Since they are so thin does that mean we are allowed to eat more…I hope so!

Jennifer says:

COMPLETE SUCCESS!!! Our cookies just came out of the oven and I doubt they will last until DH comes home. The kids and I think we are in heaven, delicious! Thank you so much!

Veronica says:

Jenny,

These cookies look right up my alley! I love them thin and crispy! Great photos!

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the favor”.
    I am attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to
    use a few of your ideas!!