Apr
2009

Silverdollar Waffle Pancakes with Blackberry Buttermilk Syrup…

Tags: , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Monday already? Hope you all enjoyed a great Easter Weekend. We ate ourselves silly and I am soooo suffering today. My sweet little 3 year old had a pretty bad crash on his bike Saturday morning with another little boy and had to get 10 stitches right under his little chin. It literally broke my heart, but I tell you he is one tough cookie. My husband said he hardly even cried. I don’t do hospitals if I don’t have to, so I am so grateful that my husband was home! All is well and he is healing very nicely.

Now onto this wonderful breakfast. I know, what’s up with my pan fetish these days huh? I had a gift certificate to spend at William Sonoma and I quickly picked up this fun Waffle Pancake pan. I love it and so do the boys. It makes the perfect little pancakes and how cute do they look? The blackberry syrup is an absolute must try. It is pretty near drinkable by itself. Make sure you make a batch for your family! Enjoy!

Be sure to check out some of my friends this week over at Sugarplum Boutique and a wonderful giveaway and great cause over at Zesty Cook!

Here’s the cool little pan from William Sonoma

Silverdollar Waffle Pancakes with Blackberry Buttermilk Syrup

Syrup
10 fresh blackberries
2 Tablespoons sugar

1 stick butter
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Place blackberries and sugar into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes. Pour into a sieve placed over a small bowl pressing on berries to extract the rest of the liquid. Set aside; discard smashed berries and seeds.

2. Place butter, sugar and buttermilk into a separate small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and melt until mixture comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and add in baking soda and vanilla. Mixture will foam. Mix in blackberry liquid then pour syrup into a serving dish. Cover to keep warm while preparing waffle pancakes.

Waffle Pancakes
2 eggs
3/4 Cup buttermilk
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 Cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar

1. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla into a medium bowl until well combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix into wet ingredients until just combined.

2. Place waffle pancake pan (or large skillet) over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. When hot, pour a couple Tablespoons into each waffle mold. Carefully flip after 1-2 minutes or until browned on bottom. Cook second side until golden brown. Continue to cook until all batter is used.

3. Stack waffle pancakes and pour LOTS of syrup over top, enjoy!

_____________________________

Have a great start of your week. See you soon with a chocolate layered cake we made for Easter that was crazy good!

Comments

Kristen says:

These look so cute! What a great pan :o)

Leslie says:

Looks yummy as always girl!
    OUCH, 10 stiches..poor little one.

Meghan says:

Aww I’m glad your son is ok and that your husband was able to take care of it. I don’t know what I will do if I’m home when my (future) kids have accidents – I’m afraid of blood!

The pan is adorable! What a cute idea. I’m so excited for berries to be in season. That syrup sounds delicious!

Jessie says:

I’m glad your son is okay!

Those mini waffles look so cute, I’m loving that pan already

Carole says:

I got this pan as a gift a few months ago. Here is a little money saving tip. If there is a day when you are alone at lunch time and need a quick meal for one.

Simply make 1/2 or 1/3 of your favorite batter (this one is great) and you will have enough batter to make a pan of pancakes for a quick lunch

Kara says:

So sorry about your little guy! I’m with you, I always hope my husband is here when that kind of thing happens.

That syrup sounds divine!! Can’t wait to try it out.

Sara says:

Yum! They look perfect and delicious.

Alicia says:

Another fun pan?? :) I just bought the chocolate brownie pan you mentioned last week to give (my little girls/myself!) for Easter. We made the brownies and they are adorable. Honestly.

These look so good, too. That syrup looks delish.

carol says:

Oh my goodness….I’m glad your son is OK-and that your husband was home to take care of getting him to the hospital. My son in law is an EMT and always seems to be home (thank goodness!) when one of my grandsons takes a spill-daughter has medical training but she’s a mom-and falls apart! Boys will be boys…..and every spill and stitch seems to make those grey hairs sprout even faster!

GREAT looking waffle pancakes….LOVE that pan!

Bob says:

Mmmm, pancakes. Glad your boy is ok. :)

We have gift cards from our wedding to WS still, I am going to get this pan. Too cute! I hope your little one is ok!

Kerstin says:

The syrup looks amazing – yum!

I’m glad your little guy is ok!

Teri @ Make A Whisk says:

These look great.

I’m about to declare breakfast for dinner tonight!

Carrian says:

Love the pan! That buttermilk syrup is a favorite in our house!

Care says:

Hey Jenny – this is actually a question for the yummy muffins, previous to this post . . . Where would one obtain Vanilla Almond Granola? Wanting to make your delicious muffins! I always come here to find something new – thanks for sharing!!!

Glad your little one is okay!

Sharon says:

Williams Sonoma just has the cutest kitchen gadgets. Sorry to hear about your little one but he sounds like a tough guy :)

Lynda says:

These look so yummy and the blackberry syrup sounds delicious!
    I can’t wait for blackberry season!

Debbie says:

Poor little guy…he must be very tough!!! Great looking pancakes…love pan you cooked them in!

Stephanie says:

Sorry to hear about your little man. Thank you for the yummy in your tummy pancakes. I am a sucker for blueberry or berries of any kind.

Janelle says:

Hey Jenny,
    Its your long lost Pilates classmate. How do you like Cali? We miss you in AZ. Do you have any ideas for leftover Ham from Easter?

Bridgett says:

Oh wow, I love the idea of blackberry syrup! What a fun twist. Looks perfect, Jenny. Hope your little one is feeling better.

burpandslurp says:

with my love for waffles and pancakes and all breakfasty foods, I think investing on that waffle pan would be worth it. very very delicious looking goodies!
    hope your son heals fast!

Chef Chuck says:

Hi Jenny, These waffle look delish!!
    Yum Blueberry :)

Elyse says:

Aww, I’m glad your little one is okay and healing well. Bicycle crashes are just no good. What is good? Well, these amazing looking waffle pancakes, and that fabulous syrup of yours!

Love that pan and that syrup looks like the perfect accompaniment.

Maggy says:

I have never seen Silver Dollar Waffles! So cute.

greetings there, i just discovered your website on google, and i must say that you compose exceptionally well via your blog. i am truly struck by the method that you express yourself, and the content is superb. anyhow, i would also love to know whether you would love to exchange links with my web portal? i will be certainly more than happy to reciprocate and insert your link on in the link section. looking for your reply, i give my sincere thanks and cheers!

What a great recipe for waffle pancakes! I love the blackberry buttermilk syrup!

Jan Spoto says:

Such a nice post! I am so pleased you thought to write about it.

I have been examinating out some of your posts and i can claim pretty nice stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.

I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare
    to see a great blog like this one these days.