Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Aug
2009

Crock Pot Beef Tacos in Soft Tortilla Bread…

Tags:

Dinner

IMG_3649picnik.jpeg

Good Thursday!  What a great day it is today, it’s my little guys 7th birthday and we are headed back to Disneyland with some family and friends, I know I must be crazy!   We tried going Monday and it was so busy we left after a few hours, so we are crossing our fingers that today might be a hair better!

Break out the crock pots again folks, this is an oh so good, throw it all in the crock pot dinner that has everyone coming back for seconds.  We enjoyed this dinner last Sunday and practically licked the crock pot clean.  Not only is this a great recipe for tacos, but try it on nachos and burritos too.  I found this Tortilla Bread by Tia Rosa (click link to see a pic of it) at Ralphs last week and I am it’s newest fan.  It reminds me of the Gordita shell at Taco Bell but softer and better.  I hope you can find these gems at your grocery store, because they made the best tacos we’ve had in a long time.  My pics are lacking sour cream, guacamole and salsa, I usually dump those right on top, but you get the idea…hope you all enjoy some tacos!!

IMG_3645picnik.jpeg

IMG_3635picnik.jpeg

IMG_3642picnik.jpeg

IMG_3650picnik.jpeg

Crock Pot Beef Tacos In Soft Tortilla Bread

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 medium onions, finely chopped

2 anaheim chili peppers, finely chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

3 lbs lean ground beef

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with Parsley

1 Cup Herdez Mild Salsa, or your favorite brand

1.  Place oil into a large rimmed skillet over medium heat.  Saute onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.  Add in beef, salt, pepper and Lawry’s.  Cook until browned.  Stir in Salsa then transfer to crockpot on low heat.  Let cook on low for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve.  Right before serving, stir in fresh chopped cilantro if desired.

8 servings

_________________________________________

IMG_3366sm2picnik

Can’t believe I have a 7 year old!  Where does the time go?  I swear I just graduated high school.  I am so lucky to have this kid, he’s a keeper.  Happy Birthday cutie pie, Mom loves you!

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon for an easy family pleasing dinner, you won’t want to miss it!

Comments

Denise says:

Any crockpot recipe works for me, especially with school starting soon, but this is a must try

Rachel says:

These look so yummy! I’ll have to give them a try!

Tina says:

Happy Birthday Mason. I hope you had a great time. The tacos look great and I am so on the hunt for the tortilla bread, it looks so tasty.

zestycook says:

Happy Birthday Mason!! Love the tacos :)

Happy Birthday to your big boy!

Man, I have been craving tacos lately, so I’ll have to look for this bread at my Ralph’s too. It sounds good! Maybe I’ll give the recipe a try too, can’t beat the crock pot!

Fallon says:

This is a keeper for upcoming UFC parties my friends will throw. I love crock pot anything for large crowds and this recipe looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

Looks delicious! There is a similar bread at TJ’s, but of course I can’t remember the name right now.

Betty says:

Beautiful site!Love the pictures and great information-Thanks,Betty http://www.geothermalquestions.net

Cookie says:

Your son is so cute! I love using my crockpot for large amounts of meat cuz it’s so easy and everything always comes out tasting great! I also really like the fact that I can just keep it on warm until we’re ready to eat. This recipe would probably work really well with pork too!

Ramona says:

Happy B’day little guy. He’ll be all grown up before you know it. Have fun in DisneyLand.
    Ramona

Jamie says:

Jenny,
    I’ve been waiting for this post. My oven is still broke so my crockpot is getting alot of use. We love tacos and I’ll be making these real soon. Thanks for sharing.

Molly says:

Looks great, Jenny! We make Mexican at least once per week at my house. I’ll definitely try these. Happy Birthday to your handsome little man!

Mrs. L says:

I don’t have a Ralphs near me but I must find that bread and make this!

Mona says:

Hey girl,
    Happy birthday to Mason again! The tacos look sooooo delish!
    Great job! Talk to you later…..Love, Mona

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Anything that can be made in the crock pot is a plus for me. I love using it:) Also Happy Birthday to the little one!

Sheila Meraz says:

This looks yummy, I can’t wait to try it out on my family. The bread reminds me of the tortillas that people from El Salvador eat, they are thicker than the ones we are used to here in the states (the more Mexican variety). I was thinking that if I can’t find this tortilla bread I might stop into my favorite local Mexican grocery store and buy some Mexican bread and make Tortas out of it.

Lindsey S says:

Hi Jenny,
    Is there any way that when we use the “print” button for your recipes that it will print one of your pictures with the recipe? I like making recipes more when i can see a yummy picture and it helps put the recipe together by seeing a pic sometimes. Your recipes are delish! Thanks a ton! Lindsey

Denissa says:

I’m SO making those!! We eat tacos atleast once a week so it’ll be fun to try a new one!
    Happy birthday Mason!! It goes WAY too fast :(

Laura says:

That looks so yummy! I love the Gorditas at Taco Bell, but I doubt I’ll find that around here! I’ll be checking around though, I bet it makes awesome tacos.

Katie says:

Looks so delicious! I love crock pot dishes.

Laura says:

I am gonna have to try and find that tortilla bread at one of my local stores. It looks fab!

[...] week I found the perfect “on the go” recipe over at Picky Palate (Thanks Jenny!).  Recently, I’ve been making alot of taco salad and I [...]

Train Mommy says:

That sounds so good! I hope I can find that bread around here!

Cara says:

This is just what I have been looking for! I can’t wait to try it!

Mindy says:

Those look yummy… love crockpot recipes! And those tortillas look awesome, too! I love the big, fat bready tortillas. :) Happy Birthday to your little guy!

I’m making these this week, but am thinking of adding some black beans to them . . . hmmmmm? sounding delicious. Thanks for the consistently great recipes for me to try on my family. Love them.

Archer says:

As someone in the middle of deci-ding who I am this post really reso-na-ted with me. Thanks for get-ting Seth to guest post. Love your work!

Gina says:

Best taco recipe ever. My family couldn’t stop talking about much they loved this. Thank you.

[…] sure to check out my other taco recipes Restaurant Style Carne Asada Tacos, Crock Pot Beef Tacos, Slow Cooked Green Chili Pork […]