Good Thursday! What a great day it is today, it’s my little guys 7th birthday and we are headed back to Disneyland with some family and friends, I know I must be crazy! We tried going Monday and it was so busy we left after a few hours, so we are crossing our fingers that today might be a hair better!
Break out the crock pots again folks, this is an oh so good, throw it all in the crock pot dinner that has everyone coming back for seconds. We enjoyed this dinner last Sunday and practically licked the crock pot clean. Not only is this a great recipe for tacos, but try it on nachos and burritos too. I found this Tortilla Bread by Tia Rosa (click link to see a pic of it) at Ralphs last week and I am it’s newest fan. It reminds me of the Gordita shell at Taco Bell but softer and better. I hope you can find these gems at your grocery store, because they made the best tacos we’ve had in a long time. My pics are lacking sour cream, guacamole and salsa, I usually dump those right on top, but you get the idea…hope you all enjoy some tacos!!
Crock Pot Beef Tacos In Soft Tortilla Bread
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 anaheim chili peppers finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's garlic salt with Parsley
- 1 cup Herdez Mild Salsa or your favorite brand
- Place oil into a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in beef, salt, pepper and Lawry's. Cook until browned. Stir in Salsa then transfer to crockpot on low heat. Let cook on low for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve. Right before serving, stir in fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Can’t believe I have a 7 year old! Where does the time go? I swear I just graduated high school. I am so lucky to have this kid, he’s a keeper. Happy Birthday cutie pie, Mom loves you!
Have a great rest of your week! Come back soon for an easy family pleasing dinner, you won’t want to miss it!