Aug
2009

Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie…

Tags: ,

Dinner

IMG_3662picnik.jpeg

Good Monday Morning!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Here is a great hearty dinner that is quick and easy to prepare and full of great chicken pot pie flavor!  There is just something about a big casserole dinner that makes me so hungry.  It’s got comfort food written all over it and it is so filling.  This recipe won’t keep you in the kitchen for long and it’s a great one to have the kids help add the little biscuit pieces, they’ll love it!  Hope you all enjoy!

IMG_3656picnik.jpeg

IMG_3659picnik.jpeg

IMG_3664picnik.jpeg

IMG_3672picnik.jpeg

IMG_3679picnik.jpeg

Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie

4 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (either bake, crockpot or pressure cook chicken for easy shredding)

1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix, reserve 1/2 teaspoon for topping

1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 6 count can Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits

1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt

1/2 teaspoon reserved dry Ranch Dressing Mix

1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cholula Hot Sauce to top, if desired

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.    Place shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl.  Sprinkle in ranch mix (reserve 1/2 teaspoon for later), salt and pepper.  Toss to combine seasonings.

2.  In a large rimmed skillet or dutch oven, place soups, broth and milk over medium heat; whisk until combined.  Stir in mixed veggis then shredded chicken.  Transfer to a large 9×13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Sprinkle bacon and cheese over top.

3.  Open biscuits and place onto wax paper.  Cut each biscuit into 10 little triangle pieces (cut biscuit in half then cut each half into fifths).  Place little pieces of biscuit over top of chicken mixture until it’s all covered.  Sprinkle biscuits with remaining ranch dressing mix, garlic salt and 1/2 Cup cheese.  Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through underneath.  Cover with foil the last 25 minutes of baking to prevent too much browning.  Let cool for 10 minutes then serve.  Serve with Cholula hot sauce if you like it spicy!  Enjoy.

8 servings

______________________________________

Congrats to #10, Meghan of Your Gonna Bake It Afterall and #22 Lisa @ Cutting Edge of Ordinary who won the Picky Palate Giveaway!  I’ve emailed you with the details!!

_______________________________________

Have a great start of your week, see you soon with a new recipe!

Comments

Molly says:

Jenny,
    This looks great! What an easy (and delicious) meal for a crowd. Hope your Disney birthday trip for your son was a success! :)

Meghan says:

This looks so delicious – so creamy and cheesy!! I never thought to top a pot pie with biscuits – my husband would LOVE this. Plus adding the garlic and ranch to the biscuits is such a great idea.

Sara says:

This looks delicious, Jenny! The hubby and I are big fans of chicken pot pie. I’ll need to invite some friends over for dinner, so that I can make this.

Denise says:

Looks like a perfect school night meal.

brigitte says:

oh my looooord jenny, this looks soooo good! what an awesome idea–i can practically taste that buttery, crisp corner piece.

justcooknyc says:

wow, that sure looks yummy, although I can’t even imagine heating up my kitchen like that in mid- to late-August heat!

Pam Shank says:

I love any variation of a chicken pot pie. Will for sure make this when the weather cools a little more. Thanks

Kara says:

This looks really yummy! I bet my four boys would just love it. OK, I would too. :)

CaSaundra says:

That’s a whole lotta good in one dish–yum!

Train Mommy says:

This looks so delicious! I think I can find a few ways to healthy it up a little bit and make it next week. Yum!!

Amber says:

This looks sooo good! I will be attempting this next week I think!

Colleen says:

This sounds perfect for a make-ahead weeknight meal!

Carol says:

I love chicken pot pie in any way, shape or form. Yours looks WONDERFUL, Jenny…I can’t wait to try it!

CookiePie says:

That looks great – perfect dinner!

Ramona says:

Make me happy, give me pot pie. I love them.
    Ramona

michelle says:

This looks great! I copied the recipe down and hope to try it soon!

Amy says:

this looks really good!

This looks easy, hearty and yummy. Sounds perfect to me.

peabody says:

Oh my husband will love this!!!

This looks so good and perfect for a weeknight dinner. I love things like this for when I am busy. :)

[...] Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie by the Picky Palate [...]

Chef Chuck says:

Yumm Yumm Chicken, I love pot pie!!:)

Oh man! That looks so good! I’ll have to try it when I get a chance :)

Kelly says:

yum! I LOVE chicken pot pie. i will have to try this recipe out! wahoo!

marea says:

I have been fallowing your blog for quite some time. I love your food! Your photos are almost as good as your food. They make me want to try making the great creation you made. I have been looking for a new lens for my camera, what do you use? camera and what is your favorite lens.

[...] Thursday- Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie [...]

Katie says:

You wrote 1/4 fresh cracked black pepper. How much is this supposed to be? 1/4 tsp?

[...] Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie with a chopped [...]

inneranomaly says:

This is delicious!! I’m adding it to my recipe book. Thank you!

Debbi says:

I made this last night. It was delicious! I used reduced fat chicken soup and low fat biscuits. I used frozen veggies and added an onion. I would put more ranch powder next time, about 1/2 packet more. It was an easy super delicious recipe. Thanks! ~

Amy says:

WOW! I made this for dinner last night and it is sooo good! Everyone in my family loved it. I am eating some leftovers for an early lunch(I just couldn’t wait!) and it’s even yummier today!

Can’t wait to try more of your recipes!

Amy

Jennifer says:

Hey Jenny,

I made this for dinner last night and it was a totally do again. My husband who doesn’t really like chicken pot pie took leftovers for lunch. OMG! It was so freakn’ good. This is a definite keep as well as take when friends are sick or have a new baby!

thanks!

Stephanie says:

Jenny,

This is the second recipe of yours I made this weekend and OMG, just like the stuffed shells, the boys at my house LOVED it!!! I am excited to try more of your super yummy recipes!!!! Thanks a bunch for making dinner so great :D

Erin Raatjes says:

I made this but used frozen veggies… YUM! Can’t wait to make it again and freeze the filling in smaller portions… that way we have instant meals when I really don’t feel like cooking…which is often sometimes. but it was SOOO good! Thanks for sharing. :)

[...] Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie (Source: Picky Palate) [...]

Shannon says:

Ok, i’m making this for our dinner tonight but i didn’t have a few of the ingrediants so i made due. I hope it turns out ok!!! I didn’t have cheese soup or bacon or ranch seasoning. But i looked up how to make the homemade ranch seasoning and used those spice/herbs from my pantry, and then i just left off the bacon (sad i know), and instead of the cheese soup i used some sour cream in the mix. We’ll see what happens :) thanks for sharing your recipe with me.

Celeste says:

My family is forever thankful for this recipe you shared! I love any excuse to use the cheddar cheese soup so this was exciting to try. My whole family loved this recipe! The oldest is 14 and picky. So we were afraid he wouldn’t like it. But we made him at least try it and he LOVED it so much he went back for seconds and thirds! He did pick out (after him trying the veggies at least once) the green beans and peas, but ate everything else.
    This recipe is a keeper!

Jenna says:

I just put this in my oven and I can’t wait to have dinner and I also made the Motherload!!!

It’s going to be good eating tonight! thanks!!!!

[...] picked: Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie. I changed a few things- like I used the light soups, skim milk, NO bacon, and 2% cheddar cheese. [...]

Maggy says:

I don’t know if these make me want a cookie or a baby! So cute :)

Maggy says:

(What I originally wrote was and then pasted over was…) This looks delicious! Perfect for a weeknight dinner – love a good shortcut with the rolls. YUM!

Tracy says:

Looks yummy and easy! Mmmm!

What a fun idea! This looks so hearty and warming.

I love a good chicken pot pie! I love the addition of garlic and ranch biscuits. The flavors sound delicious!

Shellie says:

Came to find a recipe to feed some church missionaries tonight! also going to look for a dessert too!

thanks… I REALLY REALLY Love and appreciate your recipes! I tried the cinnamon roll sugar cookies awhile back and loved them too and then emailed the recipe out like crazy.

You are one cool chick!

Amy says:

loved the idea of the biscuits instead of piecrust.
    i made this tonight and it was delicious! i also used frozen veggies and I would increase the ranch powder next time too. I tried some of mine with Frank’s Red hot sauce and it was really good too. Thanks!

Salma says:

How long should I cook the chicken breast in the crock pot so it doesn’t get too dry– do I add water to it whilst cooking if so how much? Thank you.

Erin says:

I added a can of diced potatoes, omitted the salt on the chicken and used low sodium broth. It was so yummy! Thank you :-)