Cheesy Green Chile and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits
Tags: bacon, biscuits, butter, buttercream, cheddar cheese, green chili
Treat yourself to my Cheesy Green Chili and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits this week! Buttery and full of great flavors.
You are in for such a treat with my Cheesy Green Chili and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits!
You know by now that butter is one of my very favorite ingredients 🙂 I’ve developed these Cheesy Green Chile and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits that are packed with my favorite ingredients.
I’ve developed a buttermilk biscuit that is packed with my favorite ingredients. They are loaded with cheddar cheese, diced green chiles and BACON! Talk about my dream biscuit. These babies are best eaten warm with a nice spread of butter.
Let’s take a look at how to make these biscuits.
Here’s an idea of the ingredients you’ll be using. See recipe below for all of the details.
Prepare The Biscuits
Start by whisking buttermilk into melted butter. Set aside for just a moment.
Next, you’ll add your flour to a large mixing bowl.
Add the baking soda, salt and garlic salt next.
Gently fold in the buttermilk/butter mixture to your dry ingredients.
Add your cheddar cheese!
Your crumbled bacon goes in next.
Last but not least some diced green chiles.
Give it one last gentle mix and get ready to transfer to your baking sheet.
Scoop Dough Onto Baking Sheet
I used a large ice cream scoop to place the dough onto my baking sheet. It’s equal to about 1/3 cup. Anything works, even a spoon.
Bake The Biscuits
I pressed each little mound of dough flat like this and shaped into a thick round. Time to bake!
I mixed some Land O Lakes® Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil and some of the diced green chiles for spreading onto biscuits…..so good!
Spread Warm Biscuits With Butter
While the biscuits are still hot, brush some of the green chile butter over tops.
Happy happy biscuits.
I love how quick to prepare these biscuits are. Only about 10 minutes of prep time and they are in the oven. Can’t beat that!
They are great for breakfast, tempting for lunch and a must for dinner.
Be sure to split open and try the green chile butter inside. Enjoy my Cheesy Green Chili and Bacon Buttermilk Biscuits!
- 6 tablespoons Land O'Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil plus more for spreading
- 2 tablespoons milk diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and microwave until melted, about 60 seconds. Slowly whisk in buttermilk to combine.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then slowly fold in butter/buttermilk until just combined. Fold in cheese, bacon pieces and green chiles to combine as well.
- With a large cookie scoop or 1/3 measuring cup, place biscuit dough onto your prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before handling.
- Place Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil and green chiles into a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined then use for spreading on insides of warm split rolls.
Disclosure: Picky Palate has partnered with Land O Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversation blogger program 2014. This blog post was sponsored by Land O Lakes.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.