Oct
2009

Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

IMG_3727picnik.jpeg

It finally feels like Fall in Southern California!  It was windy and chilly today, froze our tails off at soccer practice last night.  This is by far my favorite time of year!

Here’s another blast from the past that I thought was appropriate to bring back right before Halloween.  It’s perfect for any Halloween party because you probably already have the mini candy bars on hand and it’s great for after Halloween, to get rid of all those little candy bars around the house!

I remember this recipe very clearly and it is ridiculously good!  I think I’ll make a batch this year too!  Have a wonderful time trick or treating with the kiddos this weekend and enjoy some of my wicked little treats! :)

IMG_3718picnik.jpeg

IMG_3722picnik.jpeg

Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats

12 Cups toasted rice crispy cereal
2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows
6 Tablespoons butter

1 Cup chocolate chips
3 Cups mini marshmallows
10 mini Twix candy bars, chopped
10 mini Snicker candy bars, chopped

1. Prepare rice crispy treats according to directions on the cereal box, I doubled recipe. Press into a 9X13 inch baking dish. It will be filled close to the top.

2. Preheat oven’s broiler and position top rack in middle of oven not top (if rack is too close to the broiler, the marshmallows burn instead of slowly turning golden). Sprinkle chocolate chips over rice crispy treats. Sprinkle 3 Cups mini marshmallows over top. Broil in oven just until marshmallows start to puff and turn golden. Watch very carefully, it happens quick!

3. Remove from oven and press chopped candy bars over toasted marshmallows. Let cool for 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!!

_________________________________

smaller flakepicnik.jpeg

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween, from my Zombie Family!  Check out picnik.com to make your own family a bunch of “zombies!”  I’ve been having WAY too much fun with it :)

Comments

VeggieGirl says:

HA! Such a cute photo :-D Wishing you an early happy Halloween!

Incredible, Jenny! My husband LOVES rice krispy treats so he would die over these. Happy Halloween. :)

Amy B. says:

Isn’t picnik the best ever!!!

Jaime says:

Oh.dear.Lord. Those look awesome!!!

Amber says:

These look really good…the roasted marshmallows mixed with chocolate look sooo good.

carrian says:

My girlfriend makes these too, but she always over toasts the marshmallows. It drives my hubby crazy. haha these ones look perfect!!

Great idea for leftover Halloween candy. Love your zombie pic. I’ll have to play w/ that feature!

I’m worried about you all. Do you all have the green flu? That is a cool picture. I’m going to check out that site.

Meg says:

Yum! What a great idea to have roasted marshmallows on top! Hope you all have a great Halloween!

I was looking for a great recipe to make tonight and bring to work tomorrow for our Halloween party, and our owner’s Birthday. Looks like this may be the winner!
    Thanks for sharing!

Ramona says:

Great looking recipe. Love your photos as usual.

Ramona

Kristen says:

I know my boys would love these – yummy!

Bob says:

Fall in SoCal, huh? So it’s what, 75? :D The treats look awesome! I would definitely eat them all. Heh.

Carol says:

WHOA!!!!!!!! What a HEAVENLY looking Rice Krispie bar!!!! Boy oh boy, talk about over the top…I can’t wait to try this one, Jenny!

LOVE the ghoulish picture of y’all…….TOO cute!

Happy Halloween….I bet the boys can’t wait! :)

Traci says:

OMG, you come up with the most sinfully delicious looking treats! I don’t know how you stay in shape girl! Everything is wonderful… I would be eating all the time!

Krista says:

Awesome rice crispy treats! I love these!

Krystle says:

These look heavenly! I love rice crispy treats! Love your blog as well :)

YUMMO! Thanks for the idea, I was just going to send my daughter to school with plain ol’ orange rice krispie treats, but I did what you did intead and also added some Reeses pieces (had some in the pantry) on top with the other candy for color. They are delish. Love them to pieces!!!

[...] 2009 Uncategorized Leave a Comment Thanks to Picky Palate for giving us the link to create photos of ourselves.  I had [...]

France says:

Thanks for the recipe :) And for the link. I tried it already. It’s great : http://scorpiowoman.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/im-a-vampire/

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Mmmmmm it’s like rocky road brownies. You are so creative!

Old Mom says:

Looks yummy! You have inspired me. :)

I Drank What?! says:

Man I can just hear myself getting fatter eating those LOL They’re good though made them today for my niece’s school…came back with two empty pans LOL

Extreme is the word here Jenny!

Whitney says:

WOW! awesome! you always give the best bar recipes!
    Thanks for another one

Mari says:

These are absolutely AMAZING! I’ve baked them a million times with all different kinds of candy bars mixed in. Thanks for this fabulous recipe!

Ruby Jones says:

I love to eat Marshmallows every day he he he.-;”

Jay Hunt says:

i like to fry marshmallow in an open fire, they taste really great.—

David Harris says:

i love to roast marshmallows on open fire, they taste great`*:

i love to toast marshmallows in the fire, they taste twice as better when they are burnt :,’

[...] Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats From Picky Palate [...]

[...] Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats (Snickers, Twix) A kicked-up crispy treat is never a bad thing. I’ve used these as a vehicle for all sorts of candy — even a mishmash of leftover bars. This is one of the kids’ favorites.                     [...]

[…] Extreme Candy Bar Krispie Treats […]