It finally feels like Fall in Southern California! It was windy and chilly today, froze our tails off at soccer practice last night. This is by far my favorite time of year!
Here’s another blast from the past that I thought was appropriate to bring back right before Halloween. It’s perfect for any Halloween party because you probably already have the mini candy bars on hand and it’s great for after Halloween, to get rid of all those little candy bars around the house!
I remember this recipe very clearly and it is ridiculously good! I think I’ll make a batch this year too! Have a wonderful time trick or treating with the kiddos this weekend and enjoy some of my wicked little treats! 🙂
Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats
- 12 cups toasted Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 10.5 oz bags mini marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 mini Twix candy bars chopped
- 10 mini Snicker candy bars chopped
- Prepare rice crispy treats according to directions on the cereal box, I doubled recipe. Press into a 9X13 inch baking dish. It will be filled close to the top.
- Preheat oven's broiler and position top rack in middle of oven not top (if rack is too close to the broiler, the marshmallows burn instead of slowly turning golden). Sprinkle chocolate chips over rice crispy treats. Sprinkle 3 Cups mini marshmallows over top. Broil in oven just until marshmallows start to puff and turn golden. Watch very carefully, it happens quick!
- Remove from oven and press chopped candy bars over toasted marshmallows. Let cool for 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!!
Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween, from my Zombie Family! Check out picnik.com to make your own family a bunch of “zombies!” I’ve been having WAY too much fun with it 🙂