Feb
2010

Caramel Hazelnut Banana Bread With Sweet Icing…

Tags: , , , , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Well it’s Monday again!  Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend :) Last week was crazy, felt like the boys and I ran around all over the place during their week off of school.  Had a great time but I am thrilled that school is back in session :)  Had the opportunity of attending an LA Mom’s Blog Event over the weekend at the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point, talk about breathtaking views out there, loved it!  Got to meet lots of great local mom bloggers and took home some fun products too!  Thanks SV Mom’s Group for the invite :)

So excited for you to take a peek at my newest banana bread recipe.  I must say it’s completely drool worthy.  I was so happy whipping it together last week, couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into it actually!  Melted caramel and hazelnuts make for a delicious banana bread that you will not want to miss out on.  Happy Baking!

The melted caramel makes for a rich and soft bread…so good!

I chose to use hazelnuts, but feel free to use any ol’ nut you have around the house

I found these adorable little bakers at TJ Maxx Home and Cost Plus World Market.  2 of my favorite places to find kitchen treasures!!  I’m talking less than $3 bucks each :)

Even if you don’t have the cute little bakers, the mini loaves turn out equally as delish!

Caramel Hazelnut Banana Bread With Sweet Icing

1 1/2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

4 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla

7 kraft caramels plus 1teaspoon milk, melted until smooth (in microwave for about 1 min 15 seconds)

1 Cup flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 Cup chopped hazelnuts (or any nut of choice)

1 Cup powdered sugar

2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream (or milk for a thinner icing)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place butter and sugar into a stand or electric mixer.   Beat until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas.  Mix on low until well combined, then slowly drizzle in melted caramel until combined.  In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the hazelnuts until just combined.  Scoop batter into well greased mini muffin tins 3/4 way full.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.  Let cool.

2.  Remove breads from pan.  Mix powdered sugar and cream until creamy and desired consistency.  Drizzle over breads and eat!!

12 mini loaves

_____________________________________

Have a great new week, see you soon :)

Comments

Amanda says:

Those little mini loafs are about the cutest things I ever seen- and they look *delicious*!!! :)

Ashley W. says:

These look really good! Is this your own recipe?? How creative!

I LOVE the little bakers!! So cute!

I love those little ramekins! So adorable!! I really need to go in search of TJ Maxx for baking goods. And the bread looks incredible!

the bakers are so cute, I’m gonna run out and see if my TJ Maxx has anything like that! so cute…oh and the bread looks yum too!

ashley says:

oh my goodness…. this looks heavenly!!

I love the hazelnut addition. Cute dishes too!

dawn says:

oh and they are mini so we can eat more. damn girl!

I love banana bread and your version looks delicious. The icing is a perfect addition!!

kendralula says:

another homerun jenny. your recipes really are divine. however, a question– if i wanted to make a full loaf instead of mini-loafs, what would you recommend for a baking time?

Hi Kendralula,
      I would check it at 45 minutes and every 5-7 minutes after that. Let me know if you bake it in the full loaf, how long it takes. Hope you enjoy!!

Sara says:

That icing looks heavenly! Banana bread is such a great treat.

Lisa says:

Approximately how many cups of mashed bananas should I use?

Gaby says:

These look so freaking amazing I want them for breakfast right now!!! I had never thought of adding chopped nuts to my banana bread because I never really liked them until last year… this is definitely going in my breakfast binder!

These look delicious! I can’t wait to make them.

Stephanie McD says:

One word…YUM!! And can you tell me the brand of those little bakers? I am in love with anything ‘mini!’ :)
    Thanks…love your website!!

Ann says:

Just found your blog- it’s fantastic! :) These look amazing- anything with hazelnut…and caramel? Mmmmm

justcooknyc says:

sounds awesome, and they look cute too

those little ramekins are are SOOO cute!!! I wonder if the TJ Max in LA will have them? Not likely… haha

Beth says:

Great looking banana bread and the little bakers are awesome. Where did you find those?

joanne says:

These look amazing! I bet they would make the best banana muffins as well.

Steph says:

OMG! These are so freaking cute!! Oh and they look yummy! I can’t wait to try your recipe….mmmmm!

beth says:

The mini loaves are v cute. Love banana bread

Krista says:

I can only imagine how good these taste! I’m wishing for a slice with my morning coffee right now. I’ll have to give them a try!

Barbara says:

First of all, the recipe is heavenly! Can’t wait to try it…caramels in a banana bread?? Can it get any better?

And then..your darling little bakers are so sweet! I really never search for things like this and I should because they make such fun presentations!

Pam says:

Oh, this pretty much looks sinful! So delicious and I wouldn’t mind having one right now! Thanks!

Tracy says:

Fantastic! I read this post just in time. I was looking at the bananas on my counter this morning thinking I needed to use them ASAP and decided was going to make plain ol’ banana bread when I get home from work this evening. Your recipe sounds so much better!

Thanks!

~ Tracy

leah says:

wow, these look de~lish and rather easy~ my kinda food! thank you , Im gonna try them!xoxo LA

Erin says:

Adorable AND delicious – doesn’t get better than that! This would be a great idea for favors at a baby shower – individual mini loaves!

Michelle says:

I have a few browning bananas on my counter & I had just decided to make banana bread tomorrow – then I saw this. I will now be making THIS banana bread tomorrow! thanks! :o)

I love, LOVE hazelnuts…I stumbled upon your site through blogher. Hoping that I get the chance to try this recipe!

OMG Jenny these have got to be the most gorgous thing I’ve seen all day. COmfort dessert in adorable dishes, what more could one ask for! I had seen something similar when I was in the States last year. Now I regret not buying it!

those look so decadent and amazing! i love banana bread and i love caramel even more! do they freeze well? i love the cute dishes you use!

these look amazing! tjmaxx has they GREATEST finds! those little bakers are adorable!

Katrina says:

I’ve been loving all the ramekin treasures I’ve gotten and Cost Plus lately, too! And I LOVE all things banana. I will have to try these–SOON!

You are such a temptress with your goodies. These look delicious!!! It was soo great to meet you last week.

Megan says:

Your photos are absolutely lovely-those blue mugs are just too adorable! I love banana bread (I had some for breakfast this morning actually!) so I can’t wait to try this version of it-YUM!

I love the idea of cooking a quick bread in a small ramekin/baking dish like that! Beautiful photography!

Nicole-Lynn says:

Perfect for a cold night! Sounds great. Thank you!

els says:

hm..
    Caramel..

Tantono says:

wow… good taste. I want to try this caramel.

Jamie says:

This looks amazing! I don’t have any mini – loaves so I’m going to make a full one but I can’t find the caramel, would caramel sauce work? If so how much should I use? Thanks!

Hi Jenny!

Can Smuckers caramel sauce substitute for the caramels?
    Have a great day!

I visited several blogs however the audio feature for audio songs existing at this web page
    is in fact excellent.

Aqiyl Aniys says:

The little bakers are adorable to be matched only by the banana bread.