Apr
2010

Spring Time Candied Popcorn…

Tags:

Desserts

Why does April Fools Day always sneak up on us!!  Every year I always think about the cool things I can do to trick my family then before I know it,  it’s here!  Are you pranking anyone good today?

Easter is literally right around the corner, can’t wait to get the boys’ Easter Baskets put together.  Thank you for all of your great stories in regards to the “Easter Bunny!”  I enjoyed reading all of them, so far so good….no questions,  I think I’m safe for another year :)

I wasn’t planning on sharing this recipe, but I made it yesterday and it was sooo good!  I forget how much I love candied  popcorn until I eat it again! I hurried and snapped pictures so here you have it.

Another really simple, totally tasty “Spring Time” recipe for you.  Take a

peek :)

Pretty basic ingredients here, you might even have all of these on hand.

Use 2 saucepans so you can get a light pink and a light green popcorn

Wait until you try it, YUM!

Spring Time Candied Popcorn

1 3oz bag buttered popcorn, popped and all un-popped kernels removed
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
1 Cup white chocolate chips
6 Tablespoons butter
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt

(Double this recipe above to make 2 colors of popcorn)

Food coloring or decorating paste (I used red and green)

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popped popcorn and peanuts onto a large rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place 2 medium saucepans over medium heat.  Place white chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into each saucepan. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Place a very small drop of coloring into each saucepan; mix until combined.  Remove from heat and pour each saucepan evenly over popcorn and nuts. Gently stir to coat mixture over popcorn. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!

___________________________

I’ll leave you with my little guy scoring a goal at yesterdays game!!  Woo Hoo!

Have a GREAT rest of your week!!  See you soon :)

Comments

What a great way to usher in a bit of spring. Fantastic idea!

So cute! I would love to make this and have it sit out for Easter!

Debbi says:

So cute! My kids would totally love it and they’d love to help make it also!

TIffany says:

So Fun! Another great idea Jenny!

BTW – LOVE all of the the fam photos you’ve been including!

Maggy says:

Very cute! I love popcorn, particularly of the sweet variety. YUM!

Michelle says:

You’re reading my mind! I was just thinking about making some Candied Popcorn last night!

White chocolate with peanuts – wow! I love the photo of your little guy scoring the goal.

HoneyB says:

I probably would devour this all by myself! :) Yummy Jenny!

This is such a creative recipe and perfect for spring!

Bridgett says:

I was duped several time this morning before school so the day is not looking to be on my side! lol. This is such a fun and delicious treat, I love it. Wishing you and the family a ver Happy Easter.

Tracy says:

Fun! I am loving all your spring recipes.

LilSis says:

I wanted to play a trick on my son before he left for school today and I couldn’t come up with anything that early. Still thinking about what I can do after school? Maybe tell him someone stole his surfboards out of the truck?

I love the popcorn!

Kathy says:

A different twist on popcorn. I love them, especially when they are flavored, cheese, barbeque. But to eat them with different color is very exciting. I love it!

Thanks for the great recipe! I love candied popcorn. My kids will love this!

I use to make this with my Great Grandma all the time and it completely slipped my mind! Love it!

kathy says:

I going to try this on weekends. My daughter love popcorn so much I bet she’ll love this too. :-)

Fuji Mama says:

So cute! Now I need to plan a Spring picnic so I can make and take this!

KatieJ says:

YUM! I can’t wait to try this! And those oreos are beautiful- next year I’m going to find a reason to make them :)

Kirbi Mason says:

These were so good. I LOVE the flavor. I also made your cookies & cream oreos this past week. I LOVE all your recipes!!!! You definitely have an amazing cooking talent!!!