Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Apr
2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Crusted Jelly Swirled Cheesecake Bites…

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Good Monday to you!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Weekend with family and friends :)  What an Earthquake yesterday afternoon!  I remember hearing the shower doors rattle a little not thinking anything of it then I heard my husband say from the other room, I think that’s an earthquake.  That’s all the boys needed to hear and they dashed under the kitchen table just as they’ve been taught in school.  A few seconds later the shaking got more intense and we watched the whole house sway for about a minute as we huddled under a doorway in the kitchen.  Don’t think I’ll ever get used to that feeling!

Please forgive my PB&J fetish lately.  It hit me yesterday that I really wanted to make mini cheesecakes as part of our Easter dessert. My husband held up this great looking box of peanut butter cookies at Trader Joes Saturday and I was craving peanut butter cookies the rest of the day!! As I was contemplating on what kind of cheesecakes to make I was thinking, hmm…maybe a Peanut Butter Cookie as the crust like the ones from Trader Joes…..then of course I thought, how about jelly swirled into the cheesecake for another PB&J creation?!

Another super simple recipe that takes just a few minutes to prepare and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.  Hope you all enjoy these little cutie bites!  Take a peek :)

Peanut Butter Cookie Crusted Jelly Swirled Cheesecake Bites

1 Cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1 egg, beaten

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon pure vanilla

1/4 Cup strawberry jelly or jam warmed in microwave for 20 seconds

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Beat peanut butter and sugar until well combined in a bowl.  Stir in egg until well combined.  Scoop a heaping Tablespoon into the bottoms of a mini cheesecake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, press down slightly.

2.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Add in egg and vanilla until combined.  Pour cream cheese mixture over peanut butter layer, about 3/4 way full.  Scoop a small 1/2 teaspoon of warmed jelly over top of each cheesecake layer.  Take a toothpick and gently swirl into cream cheese layer.  Bake for 28-33 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through, doesn’t jiggle.  Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, loosen edges with plastic knife (very important) otherwise cakes will be very difficult to remove from pan!

3.  Mix powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth and drizzling consistency.  Drizzle over cheesecakes and serve room temperature or chilled.  Enjoy!

12 cheesecake bites

_________________________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

karen says:

Okay … now do a post as to the best way to get drool out of a keyboard? Please? These look phenomenal!

The name alone had me! How wonderful!

Molly says:

Glad to hear y’all are ok, Jenny! How scary! Don’t feel the need to apologize about peanut butter recipes. I eat peanut butter every single day! I just can’t get enough of it. Keep the recipes coming. The peanut butter lattice pies were amazing on our boat trip, by the way! :)

Debbi says:

Wow! I am always amazed at what you do with PB&J. You keep giving me excuse after excuse to get one of these mini cheesecake pans.

Michelle says:

I made Cheesecake cookies this weekend too! Your cookies look so good! Love peanut butter and cream cheese!

You always come up with the best recipes!

Kerstin says:

Oh wow, these look so decadent and addicting! Keep the PB&J recipes coming please :)

vanillasugar says:

i am a pb&j junkie. so when i saw this i was like ohhh yes indeed kids.
    amazing

Maggy says:

YUM! It seems love you like PB&J as much as I do :)

carrian says:

I really need to get a mini cheesecake pan.

How scary! I’m glad you’re okay after the earthquake. I would think these gorgeous cheesecake bites would calm your nerves!

Sara says:

I love your pb&j fetish. Please keep it up! This look beyond amazing.

These are making my mouth water! What a creative recipe!

joanne says:

You can keep the PB+J coming as long as you want, in my opinion! The more the merrier. Each recipe gets better and better than the last. These are glorious.

Katy says:

I have been following your blog for sometime now on my Google Reader. I feel as though there are very few food blog that have recipes that are simple enough for the everyday/ordinary cook and yours are! I love them…anyways I wanted to know if you could email me and tell me what type of food coloring you use and where do you get it. It doesn’t look like the typical kind you get at the store, plus it looked like it make for a more pretty color!

Lauren says:

Oh goodness, these look AMAZING!

Memoria says:

How original!! I wish I could have seen the inside of these yummy treats!

I’m glad you and your family are okay. I’m still worried about my “stepdaughters” who have been in Ensenada, MX for a few days now.

TIffany says:

I thought the only thing that went perfectly with Peanut Butter, was Jelly… NOW, you had to go and make it even more perfect by adding cream cheese. Yummy!!

Glad you all made it through the Earthquake safely… Such a scary experience, I’m sure! I’ll take hurricanes & tropical storms any day over an Earthquake.

Happy Tuesday,
    Tiffany

Sharlene says:

Those look so scrumptious and the recipe looks so easy! Great idea making a peanut butter crust!

Loved your great Strata recipe. This one will be next .

Thanks for being so creative & kind in sharing,

eliza

kathleen says:

These sound incredible. I love all thing pb&j!!!

You can never have too much PB&J stuff around. What a creative idea! i don’t think i’ve ever seen a pb&j cheesecake. I love it!

Fuji Mama says:

I can’t say I’m sorry that I missed that earthquake! I am LOVING your PB&J kick–keep it coming! These are absolutely yummy looking. I’m going to be cooking your recipes without a break for the next 20 years at the rate you keep posting things I want to try!

SuperChef says:

ohh my!! I can die for something like that!

megan says:

These look awesome!

Sue says:

Hi! I have really enjoyed your blog. I haven’t ever had time to leave a reply but something non-food related caught my attention and I felt that I should send you this article on earth quake safety. Under the table is NOT the place to go. I am not pointing fingers, just trying to pass on some important info. Hope this helps!

Subject: Fw: Earthquake Preparation

EXTRACT FROM DOUG COPP’S ARTICLE ON THE: ‘TRIANGLE OF LIFE’

My name is Doug Copp. I am the Rescue Chief and Disaster Manager of the
    American Rescue Team International (ARTI), the world’s most experienced
    rescue team. The information in this article will save lives in an
    earthquake.

I have crawled inside 875 collapsed buildings, worked with rescue teams
    from 60 countries, founded rescue teams in several countries, and I am a
    member of many rescue teams from many countries.

I was the United Nations expert in Disaster Mitigation for two years. I
    have worked at every major disaster in the world since 1985, except for
    simultaneous disasters.

The first building I ever crawled inside of was a school in Mexico City
    during the 1985 earthquake. Every child was under its desk. Every child was
    crushed to the thickness of their bones. They could have survived by lying
    down next to their desks in the aisles. It was obscene, unnecessary and I
    wondered why the children were not in the aisles. I didn’t at the time know
    that the children were told to hide under something. I am amazed that even
    today schools are still using the ?Duck and Cover? instructions- telling the
    children to squat under their desks with their heads bowed and covered with
    their hands. This was the technique used in the Mexico City school.

Simply stated, when buildings collapse, the weight of the ceilings falling
    upon the objects or furniture inside crushes these objects, leaving a space
    or void next to them. This space is what I call the ‘triangle of life’. The
    larger the object, the stronger, the less it will compact. The less the
    object compacts, the larger the void, the greater the probability that the
    person who is using this void for
    safety will not be injured.

The next time you watch collapsed buildings,
    on television, count the ‘triangles’ you see formed. They are everywhere. It
    is the most common shape, you will see, in a collapsed building.

TIPS FOR EARTHQUAKE SAFETY

1) Almost everyone who simply ‘ducks and covers’ when buildings collapse
    ARE CRUSHED TO DEATH. People who get under objects, like desks or cars, are
    crushed.

2) Cats, dogs and babies often naturally curl up in the fetal position. You
    should too in an earthquake. It is a natural safety/survival instinct. That
    position helps you survive in a smaller void. Get next to an object, next to
    a sofa, next to a large bulky object that will compress slightly but leave a
    void next to it.

3) Wooden buildings are the safest type of construction to be in during an
    earthquake. Wood is flexible and moves with the force of the earthquake. If
    the wooden building does collapse, large survival voids are created. Also,
    the wooden building has less concentrated, crushing weight. Brick buildings
    will break into individual bricks. Bricks will cause many injuries but less
    squashed bodies than concrete slabs. Concrete slab buildings are the most
    dangerous during an earthquake.

4) If you are in bed during the night and an earthquake occurs, simply roll
    off the bed. A safe void will exist around the bed. Hotels can achieve a
    much greater survival rate in earthquakes, simply by posting a
    sign on the back of the door of every room telling occupants to lie down on
    the floor, next to the bottom of the bed during an earthquake.

5) If an earthquake happens and you cannot easily escape by getting out the
    door or window, then lie down and curl up in the fetal position next to a
    sofa, or large chair.

6) Almost everyone who gets under a doorway when buildings collapse is
    killed. How? If you stand under a doorway and the doorjamb falls forward or
    backward you will be crushed by the ceiling above. If the door jam
    falls sideways you will be cut in half by the doorway. In either case, you
    will be killed!

7) Never go to the stairs. The stairs have a different ‘moment of
    frequency’ (they swing separately from the main part of the building). The
    stairs and remainder of the building continuously bump into each other until
    structural failure of the stairs takes place. The people who get on stairs
    before they fail are chopped up by the stair treads ?
    Horribly mutilated. Even if the building doesn’t collapse, stay away from
    the stairs. The stairs are a likely part of the building to be damaged. Even
    if the stairs are not collapsed by the earthquake, they may collapse later
    when overloaded by fleeing people. They should always
    be checked for safety, even when the rest of the building is not damaged.

8) Get Near the Outer Walls Of Buildings Or Outside Of Them If Possible.
    It is much better to be near the outside of the building rather than the
    interior. The farther inside you are from the outside perimeter of the
    building the greater the probability that your escape route will be
    blocked.

9) People inside of their vehicles are crushed when the road above falls in
    an earthquake and crushes their vehicles; which is exactly what happened
    with the slabs between the decks of the Nimitz Freeway. The
    victims of the San Francisco earthquake all stayed inside of their vehicles.
    They were all killed. They could have easily survived by getting out and
    lying in the fetal position next to their vehicles.

Everyone killed would have survived if they had been able to get out of
    their cars and sit or lie next to them. All the crushed cars had voids 3
    feet high next to them, except for the cars that had columns fall directly
    across them.

10) I discovered, while crawling inside of collapsed newspaper offices and
    other offices with a lot of paper, that paper does not compact. Large voids
    are found surrounding stacks of paper.

In 1996 we made a film, which proved my survival methodology to be correct.
    The Turkish Federal Government, City of Istanbul , University of Istanbul
    Case Productions and ARTI cooperated to film this practical,
    scientific test. We collapsed a school and a home with 20 mannequins inside.
    Ten mannequins did ‘duck and cover,’ and ten mannequins I used in my
    ‘triangle of life’ survival method. After the simulated earthquake collapse
    we crawled through the rubble and entered the building to film and document
    the results.

The film, in which I practiced my survival techniques
    under directly observable, scientific conditions, relevant to building
    collapse, showed there would have been zero percent survival for those doing
    duck and cover. There would likely have been 100 percent survivability
    for people using my method of the ‘triangle of life.’ This film has been
    seen by millions of viewers on television in Turkey and the rest of Europe,
    and it was seen in the USA , Canada and Latin America on the TV program Real
    TV.

Spread the word and save someone’s life… The entire
    world is experiencing natural calamities, so be prepared!

Simply Life says:

Oh those look great!

Hello, I discovered your weblog in a new directory of blogs. I dont know how your weblog came up, must have been a typo, Your blog looks beneficial. Have a great day.

[...] Peanut Butter Cookie Crusted Jelly Swirled Cheesecake Bites From Picky Palate [...]

cupcake says:

Great website and content too.
    Thank you for Recipe.

Louise says:

Long name for some small bites of fun! I followed a trail from this week’s Sweet Sixteen Collection and I’m glad I did! These are really different. Thanks for sharing!

[...] Peanut Butter Cookie Crusted Jelly Swirled Cheesecake Bites [...]

[...] (Left to Right, Top to Bottom) Chocolate Cheesecake, Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake, Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares, Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Rolo Brownie Cheesecake, Caramel Apple Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Caramel Macadamia Cheesecake Snickers Cheesecake, Oreo Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake, Triple Coconut Cheesecake Twix Bar Cheesecake Pie, Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites, Thin Mint Mini Cheesecakes, Peanut Butter Cookie Crusted Jelly Swirled Cheesecake Bites [...]