Jul
2010

Whopper-mallow Cookies!

Tags: , ,

Cookies

It’s Monday!!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  We are still kicking it in AZ this week for some fun times with our family.  It’s amazing how fast I forget how miserable the AZ summers are.  Yuck is all I have to say about that :)

Before we took off to AZ, we made these beautiful Whopper-licious cookies.  If you are Whopper fans, you’ll love these.  Since I am officially addicted to my muffin top pan, I used it again for some XXL cookies. I added a little malted milk powder to the dough, which gives it that little extra malt flavor.  Ovaltine worked great even though I was looking for the Carnation kind.  Either works perfectly :)

Hope you enjoy :)

Here’s your line up!

Cream your butter and sugars :)

Add in your dry ingredients along with the malted milk powder.

Time to chop up the Whoppers…

Throw em’ in the mix!

Perfect :)

We happen to be massive marshmallow fans around here, add them if you’d like….or they are great without too :)

Time to bake!

Cookie love :)

Whopper-mallow Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1/2 Cup Carnation chocolate malted milk or Ovaltine

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda

3 Cups Whoppers, ground up coarsely in food processor

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides of mixing bowl. Place flour, malted milk, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients following chopped up whoppers until just combined. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough about 1/4 Cup dough into muffin top pan cups or use a silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

Makes 24 XL muffin top cup cookies or 4 dozen regular cookies

_______________________________________

Have a great new week!! Come back soon :)

Comments

Stephanie says:

Wow! These cookies look great! I love the addition of Ovaltine.

I love Whoppers…I can imagine how amazing these are!

Amy says:

These look delicious! I admire all your creative yumminess!

Jeanette says:

YUM, WOW! I definitely need to invest in a muffin top pan. You have so many creative ideas, it is well worth the investment :).

Mmm I love whoppers! You’re on quite the candy kick lately :)

I don’t know about anyone else, but as soon as I see Ovaltine, I think of A Christmas Story! :)

Anna says:

Love whoppers – favorite movie snack :)
    Looks delish!

Another winning cookie recipe!

Jenny, we will never tire of your muffin top pan! I used to love Ovaltine as a kid, great addition to this batter. I bet these are AMAZING straight out of the oven :) Have fun in AZ! xo

Angie says:

I have got to get a muffin top pan, those look great!

I really need to break out the muffin top pan this week and give these babies a whirl. My husband would love them!!

Kate says:

Yay! So excited to see you used a peanut free candy! I always drool over your dessert recipes but can never make them because of my daughter’s allergy. Will definitely be giving this one a try! :)

cindy says:

any excuse to use the muffin top pans, I take it. Thanks again for such great ideas.

Jennifer says:

You really do love your muffin top pan! I need to buy one! I’m sure they work fine without it, but I need it anyway!

These sound so good! I love whoppers.

I think this is my childhood baked in a cookie! Great idea!

Jenny – everything looks delicious. I plan to print a ton of recipes soon and start my own little Picky Palate recipe book. ;) I have also become convinced on the muffin top pan.

Just wanted to say that if you can ever find a bag of Briess Malted Milk Balls, they are THE BEST EVER. I work for a major craft brewer during the day and Briess supplies a ton of our malts and grains for the beer. The reps always bring or mail us bags of their malted milk balls and I can’t ever eat another Whopper again.

They sell great food ingredients too, so if you ever order from them, ask the sales person to send you a bag of their famous malted milk balls so you can try some too! I can’t seem to find them being sold on their own anywhere. I hope you get a chance to try them!

Whoppers are one of my all-time favorite candies! Love these cookies!

You and your desserts/cookies! They always are so creative and look so delicious!

Robin says:

Jenny, these sound fabulous!!!

I want to eat one of these right about now. So delicious looking!

Michele says:

WOw, those look delicious. Quite creative, using the whoppers. My question is who eats all those cookies you make????

scrappy buttons says:

I went all over southwest Washington over the weekend looking for a muffin top pan…..I found one pan….no time to wait for shipping…..If I didn’t have food poisoning I would have baked all day…..I love your recipes.
    Thank you so much for sharing…..I will be baking away by Wed., I hope….Happy Baking…

Yafit says:

You are amazing me everytime !!!!!!
    guinuios !!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you :-))
    great coockies :-)))

JoeyfromSC says:

WOAH these look amazing!! I love your photos too…I have got to get me a muffin top pan! thanks for the recipe!

I’m not a huge Whopper fan, but I like everything else about these cookies.

Fuji Mama says:

You are killing me with that muffin top pan!! I have GOT to get one ASAP! These look amazing. I’m a huge fan of whoppers (love the malted milk flavor)…these might be very dangerous for me to make unless I have an army on standby to restrain me from eating each and every last crumb by myself…

Tiffany Sanders says:

I love my muffin top pan too….I’ve made the snicker cheese cakes- YUMMY! Today I’m thinking eithet the Giant S’mores cookies or these Whopper one’s. YOUR creations are a chocoholic’s tastebuds DREAM and hips Nightmare (LOL) !!!!! TFS!

megan says:

I love whoppers and that muffin pan!

These look incredible! I just bought some great non-stick muffin tins. I know what to use them for next!

Rachel C. says:

I made this recipe but did not have enough Whoppers so i added the caramel bites and chocolate chips! Delish!

Marilyn says:

So yummy!!! I had to send them to work with my husband and to my boys school–otherwise I would have eaten all of them.

I also added toffee chips on top of some of the cookies. Will absolutely make again!

christine says:

Just made these and added health bits instead of marshmallows. WOW they are good. I did also use the carnation malt instead as well. These are up there with some of my favorites!

Michelle says:

I’ve made these cookies a few times now (and have yet to buy a muffin top pan). I’ve made a complete disaster of my kitchen everytime along with a variety of baking pans, but these cookies are well worth it! Even when they’ve come out a heaping pile of melted candies and cookie dough my husband and I have devoured the pieces lol

Kristan Schrader says:

As I am following the printed recipe right now, there is no mention of marshmallows in it! Thankful for your step by step with the pictures so show me that I am not losing my mind!! I saw a post about having a hard time finding a muffin top pan…I did too so ended up with a whoopie pie pan and it works great…you just get fewer per pan!! Can’t wait to try the finished product!!

[...]  All sorts of overloaded cookie recipes by The Picky [...]

[...] Cookies. Get the Whopper-mallow Cookies recipe by Picky Palate …See all stories on this [...]