Sep
2010

Sweet Peanut Butter and Creamy Jelly Pretzel-wiches

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

How cute are these little pretzel sandwiches for an after school snack?  I had a bunch of the boys friends over last week and tried these out on them.  Let’s just say they were gone in about 3 minutes.  My husband saw me making them at lunch and when he got home that night he went straight to the fridge searching  for them……sorry honey they are gone!

Hope you all enjoy, we sure did!  You might want to double the recipe, because those little fingers snatch em’ up quick :)

Here’s your line up :)

Mix up your softened cream cheese and jelly or jam.  Please note, your cream cheese has to be completely softened.  I learned the hard way when I was trying to rush mine :)  Had to re-do it!

Mix your peanut butter and Powdered sugar…

Now it’s time to spread those goodies onto your pretzels :)

Close them together and just wait until you taste these, YUM!

Sweet Peanut Butter and Creamy Jelly Pretzel-wiches

1/4 Cup creamy or chunky peanut butter

2 Tablespoons powdered sugar

2 oz completely softened cream cheese

1 Tablespoon strawberry jam or preserves

24 square butter pretzels (Snyder’s)

1.  In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well combined.  Mix the cream cheese and jam in a separate bowl until combined.  Place about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on 12 pretzels and about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture on 12 pretzels then close little pretzel-wiches and serve.  Can be refrigerated for a few hours until ready to serve.

12 pretzel-wiches

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  See you soon!

Comments

Lisa says:

I’m always impressed by how you come up with such original, mouthwatering treats. I’m always excited to see what you come up with next.

Another adorable dish! How do you come up with such creative ideas?! Amazing!

Eliana says:

You are so creative! These are indeed super cute and they also look super delicious.

These are so cute! Those waffle pretzels are my all-time favorite shape. :)

Heather says:

These are adorable Jenny! And sound so yummy! Peanut Butter and pretzels are a delicious combo in the first place but you throw in the cream cheese and jelly…yum!
    You continue to amaze me with your creativity in the kitchen. :)

Karen says:

I’m just about to buy some of those pretzels to make a cake for International Talk Like a Pirate Day and now I’ll have something fun to with the rest of them! Thanks again!

Sara E says:

another yummy yummy winner :)

Krystal says:

That looks fantastic! my kidlets would love that! bookmarked–thanks!

Heather says:

You really are very inventive. Those look adorable. I love watching what you’ll come up with next.

What a cute idea! Wish we had neat pretzel shapes like that in the UK! I must pick them up when I go to the US next!

2zpointcom says:

MMM…peanut butter-n-pretzels …crap diet! oh but sooo good…no!no!
    P90x….But delicious! LOL!

I just made these for the kids. I don’t if they’ll be any left by the time they get home from school! They are wonderful!!!

Megan says:

You come up with the most yummy creations! I love anything that involves pretzels!

What a fun snack!

Such a cute little tasty snack!

Michelle says:

Such a cute idea to make little sandwiches out of sweet treats!!

Kirstin says:

Yummy! These look so yummy! I also liked your recipe for the soup. I made creamy broccoli and wild rice soup the other day!!!

Ang says:

My kids declared “These rock!!!” Thanks for giving us a fun after-church lunch today :)

What a great snack idea! Love the cream cheese and jelly, and the sweetened peanut butter! And with pretzels?! YUM!

Jamie says:

Ha Ha! Your poor husband. You’ll have to make his own stash next time and hide them. What a cute afterschool snack for the kids.

There you go again with your delicious PB&J creativity! I love this idea!

What an adorable, fun treat! These would disappear in a few minutes flat in my house.

Great snack for kids after school!