Dec
2010

Brownie Covered Oreos

Tags:

Cookies

Can it really be December 6th?  I LOVE this time of year, but wish it would SLOW down just a little!  Mama’s got lots of shopping to do still :)

To help the you in the kitchen this Holiday Season I have whipped up an ULTRA simple cookie that is not only the cutest little thing I’ve seen but is absolutely delicious!  I mean come on, can’t you just imagine how good oreos wrapped in fudgy brownies are?  Well lucky for you this recipe only involves a couple ingredients and is done in record time!

These will be so cute on any Christmas plate or cookie exchange, have fun and enjoy!!

Can you even stand how cute these are?  I can’t :)

Here’s your line up.  Don’t worry if you can’t find the Holiday Oreos, any ol’ Oreo will do :) ….and if you can’t find the icing writer by Wilton, feel free to melt white chocolate to drizzle on top.

Whip up your brownie mix….

Time to dip!  Yes, your hands will get messy….the more for you to lick :)

Place your dipped Oreos in muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Here is the exact muffin pan I used.

Drizzle with icing, sprinkle and you get these little cuties!  Wait until you take a bite, the Oreo gets kind of cake like…mmmm!

Brownie Covered Oreos

• 1 Brownie mix (or use your own brownie recipe)
  • 1 package Oreos, I used the Holiday ones
  • White chocolate, melted for drizzle, or Wilton White frosting pen works great
  • White nonpariels Sprinkles

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.  Leave in mixing bowl.  Dip Oreos in brownie batter then place in bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through (doesn’t take long).  As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges, (this is VERY important so you get the cookie out with brownies not stuck to pan :)
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove drizzle with melted white chocolate or the Wilton White icing pen, sprinkle with nonpariels and EAT!  Enjoy :)

Makes entire package of Oreos

1. **Some are having a hard time getting theirs to look just like mine, so here is the exact muffin pan I used.  Apparently all muffin pans are shaped different!!

____________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Ronna says:

You are such a creative cook, Jenny! I really do love your blog recipes!

Margie says:

Can’t wait to try this. :) Thanks for another great idea!

Rhiannon says:

oh thanks for sharing these are so going in my cookie jars this year!

Erin Freeman says:

My mom and I just made these and boy are they yummy! The only problem we had was they look like they were baked in a capcake pan and are the cupcake shape. Any ideas?

Cami says:

You are the smartest woman alive! I had to share this with the whole family. Definitely going to be making these. :)

Kimm Geria says:

Bought the mint oreos and brownie mix and going to try these out :o)

Tami says:

MMM that sounds good. I think I will sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top for color and taste. : )

Thanks for a quick, easy and spectacular recipe! I’m going to try these. :)

These look ridiculously yummy! I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for inventing!

This is amazing….I love love love the idea of dipping cookies into brownie mix and then baking them. I especially love that the cookie gets cakey..I will definitely be making these soon!!

Happy holidays!
    Elia

amy says:

wow. these look amazing. any suggestions for storage? i’d like to make them ahead of time for a xmas party. thanks!

Rachel says:

I made these today for a cookie exchange. Instead of the white nonpareils, I topped them with crushed candy cane. SUCH a hit! Thanks for the great recipe!

tracy f says:

Winter oreos! They *do* exist! My friend told me about these, but I have not been able to find them. (Regular groccery store?) I already bought my oreos, but now I think I’ll have to go look again! (Was going to make those candy coated ones, but now I might have to try these too!) Ohh… and I also recognized that cutie cakestand, I too just saw it at TJM! Love it! :)

Heather says:

Thank you! I have 3 packages of oreos that I was going to make Oreo bark and/or Oreo truffles, but this looks WAY easier and great for my cookie exchange on Sat.

BTW – Wonder if you could use a cake batter and come out with a similar result…

Jeannie says:

Loved these. They were so delicious but most of them stuck to the muffin tin even though I used PAM. Any suggestions? Also, Do you have trouble with melting white chocolate? Mine always seems to get crumbly.

You’ve got to be kidding me! Two of my favorite things!!!

Amanda says:

I love this! I featured it today on my blog – today’s top twenty! I’d love if you could stop by! While your there please click on my widget at the top. For every click P&G will donate 1 day’s worth of clean water! {Plus you get free samples and coupons!} Talk soon!

Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Laura says:

Ok…here’s what I have figured out. Regular muffin tin. Oreos won’t fit in mini muffin tin. I had a hard time removing mine and they didn’t look as pretty as the picture. From her picture, I wasn’t sure if I was suppose to knife around the oreo or the outside edge of the tin. Hers looked so round and pretty.

So, knife around the outside diameter of the tin. I “pattied” mine after I pulled them out and chipped off the hard brownie edges.

I also tried baking them in muffin papers. I think I like that best. I just pulled the paper off and they look closer to the picture. You could also leave them in the paper and still drizzle. I think I’ll do that for my Christmas party and use green or red papers.

Ali says:

these looks SO yummy and easy! What could be better when looking for a holiday recipe?! These are totally going to be made for the teacher tins this weekend for my kids daycare! can’t wait.

Ernie says:

So many possibilities…What about Nutter Butters? I haven’t had one in a while, but I assume you can’t go wrong with the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. You may have to break them in half to get them in a muffin tin though–or use a couple Nutter Butter Bites.

Suzanne says:

I had some leftover batter tonight when I made these. So, I used up the last 3 Nutter Butters in my pantry to give them a whirl. I cut them each up into three pieces (to make a total of nine tiny brownie covered nutter butter bites) and made them in the mini muffin tins. They are awesome!

• Ernie says:

Ooh…I was thinking of all kinds of things you could Brownie-drown:
        Reese’s PB cups or any other kind of candy bar, really. Maybe too messy? A regular peanut butter cookie? What about cookie dough? OMG! I’m going crazy!

Marie says:

STOP IT!!! That is pure genius!!

Dana says:

Made these last night and brought them into work today…OH MY GOODNESS! The best thing ever!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Jen says:

Love the creative use of oreos! I have a neat recipe using oreos too but I will have to try this out. Thanks!

Kiersten says:

What a fantastic idea! I think they would be really good with Candy Cane Jo-Jo’s from Trader Joes.

Jenny – tonight ay 630 my chocolate covered oreos are posting on The Family Kitchen via Babble. Great minds think alike.

I got excited upon seeing them now I want them as they are gorgeous oreo brownies! fabulous

You are brilliant. Just brilliant. Do you just sit around and dream this stuff up, or what? ;)

Megan says:

Jenny, you are so cute. I would have never thought to do this and now you make me want to run out and get Oreos. These are adorable and so easy! Your one smart cookie! ;)

Annie says:

These have now got me torn on what to make for my work potluck (I’m always desert gal). I might just have to make both things I was planning on making!

Oh my word, Jenny! These look fantastic!!! You are so creative.

Courtney says:

Wow, that is probably the most amazing oreo recipe I’ve ever seen. I love baking with oreos, can’t wait to try this! :)

Heather says:

Oh my goodness. These are amazing! Thank you! Cannot wait to try more with the different types of Oreos!

Eve says:

These are so perfect for a cookie exchange I am going! I have to make 72 cookies and these are going to be super easy, plus so good and no one will expect them!! Thanks!

Megan Siana says:

Just made them tonight! Turned out great! :) Rich. :)

[...] Jenny posted a recipe for Brownie Covered Oreos the other day, I knew I wanted to make my own version.  Plus, they looked pretty kid friendly, so [...]

I tried to make them in my Mini cupcake pan, but it’s too small. So I used my regular muffin pan. I’m going to keep my eyes open for one that might be a little bigger then the one I currently have. But if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.

I baked these Monday night, WOW they smell amazing and taste super good!!!
    Thanks.

Rachel says:

LOVED THEM! My family and neighbors are in heaven right now :) I dressed them up a little for Christmas. I also used a bamboo skewer to poke around the edges both right after they came out of the oven and after they cooled and they popped right out!

Here’s a pic ! http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/rachelsams/brownieoreo.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing !

Karri says:

I made these yesterday and they did not dissapoint! I made mine with Mint Oreos and Double Stuffs. The Mint ones were awesome!

I made these today for my girl-friend Holiday party! I couldn’t find the red oreos so I bought the mint green ones! Super yummy too inside the brownies!
    Can’t wait to take them tonight!:)

B Smith says:

Just made these! Ahhhmazing!

Mandy says:

Jenny, these are great! I’m going to try some for our goodie plates. Thanks for sharing. :)

Chyrl says:

What a great idea! Oreos are my very favorite cookie. Next weekend is cookie baking and I am definitely going to give this a try. I give plates of treats to my family members and this is going to be on there. I hope I can find the holiday oreos! I see several other people had the the same question I had.Did you use a mini-muffin tin, but from the picture it appears that is what it is.

Thanks so much for the idea.

Kimm Geria says:

Made tonight. Mine don’t look like yours. I used a regular muffin pan is that the right size? Min seem more like cakes and don’t have the perfect shape like yours.

Stacia says:

I made these, they were evil. I probably have eaten like 12 in the past 3 days, next time they are going to work with my hubby. Very creative, but simple Jenny!

Cindy says:

Just made them with the mint oreo’s and they are DELICIOUS! Thank you!

DeDe says:

I couldn’t get these to work right. I couldn’t get them out of the pan and they just fell apart – the ones that I did get out – were like little cakes too. Very frustrating because I bought all the stuff to make these and I just don’t know what I am doing wrong. These are way too cute and I want to do it right.

What worked better for me was to make sure I have a really thin layer of brownie – make sure all the excess batter gets off the cookie and cook it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

Thanks for the recipe – any tricks on how to make them like yours would be awesome. I am just not sure what I am doing wrong.

Kimm says:

My son saw these and asked if we could make them. They were really easy and a little messy (which is no problem in this house)! Some of them came out easy, and others stuck to the bottom. But they were a HUGE hit here. Thanks!

Ang says:

Hi Jenny,

I made these delicious brownie covered oreos tonight. However, they did not turn out like the picture. As others have mentioned, mine turned out like little brownie cupcakes. How did you get yours to turn out like cookies?

Thank you!