Feb
2011

Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , ,

Cookies

So, I’ve done Brownie Covered Oreos, Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, Candy Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and…….now I present to you my newest love the BROWNIE Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie!   These bad boys weigh a ton, look gorgeous and taste like a million bucks.  Bake up a batch of brownies ahead of time, so you don’t have to wait for them to cool.  Cut them in little squares and get to stuffing :)

Wait until you see the size of these when that oven timer goes off.  I about died.  Hope you enjoy my crazy concoctions :)

Make a batch of brownies and whip up my chocolate chip cookie dough.  It holds up beautifully for all of my stuffed cookies.

I cut my brownies into 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares.  It was the perfect size.

Break out your largest cookie scoop.  I need a bigger one!

You know the drill :)

Mmmmmm.

Time to bake!  350 degrees F. for 18-22 minutes.

Gasp!

Buttery crisp on the outside, fudgy brownie on the inside!

Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 brownie mix

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon vanilla

3 1/2 Cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie according to package directions.  Let cool completely then cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.

2.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.

3.  Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.

4.  Place a large cookie scoopful of dough on top of a brownie square and another large scoop on the bottom.  Gently press and enclose brownie with dough adding pinches more dough to cover sides if needed.  Place 6 filled cookies onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from baking sheet.  Grab a tall glass of milk and dig in :)

Makes 12-16 VERY large cookies

___________________________________________

So, apparently my good buddy Angie of Bakerella did a very similar recipe last year that I wasn’t aware of!!  See her gorgeous version HERE :)

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Wendy Leow says:

Most amazing & very clever!!!

[...] Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies | Picky Palate Place 6 filled cookies onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from baking sheet Grab a tall glass of milk and dig in . [...]

This is so wrong because I am drooling all over my keyboard and it’s 3am and I reallllllly want one of these…right now!

You outdid yourself on these, Jenny :)

I agree with the Averie’s comment, it’s 6:30am and I really want one before my cardio workout! Love all of your dessert recipes!

These cookies look insane! Love them!

Wow! these look amazing!! There’s almost no words to describe them.

Kelley says:

These are what chocolate dreams are made of. Two quick questions though if you can help. What size scoop do you use for the cookie dough, and are those saucer plates for cups that your photo shows the cookies on? Just trying to grasp an idea in relationship to size. My son would love these cookies, and well, because I love him, I just have to make them!

Thanks Jenny, have a blessed day!

HOLY GOODNESS. There are no words. We’re firing up the oven now.

Innike says:

I’m in love with your recipes, your blog… It’s just amazing! Parabéns, from Brazil!

Lisa says:

Wow,these look amazing…I’m starting to think that anything you put into your cookie dough would be good, lol!

these look unreal! they bake so flat. although they are probably enormous. Just the way I like em’

Karly says:

Oh my word. These look amazing.

Jenny, I know these are worth the calorie splurge, really I do. Love the stuffed cookies! xo

Another fabulous creation!

Jihane says:

WOW. Those look sinfully good. Yum!

Janice says:

Ok now that is heaven! I think I need that for breakfast.

You crazy lady! What are you going to come up with next. My little guy would go nuts for these :)

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh says:

My stomach actually started growling looking at those cookies….they look soooo good! :)

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., Angela Pritchett. Angela Pritchett said: Wait, stuffed what!?! RT @PickyPalate {New Post} Stuffed cookie at a new level: Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! http://su.pr/2KHe1O [...]

Holy decadence! Some of the classics combined into one unbelievable looking dessert, definitely put this one on my list.

You’ve outdone yourself! These stuffed cookies look amazing. Worth the effort of stuffing!

Rachel says:

My friend made a cookie brownie once that my husband loved. My attempts have never been as great. I think these will beat those for sure. Trying them this weekend.

January says:

How can something so wrong be so unbelievably right! Made and loved all your other combos. Gotta try this one too! Crazy wonderful!!

girl you so crazy i just love it! totally something i would do.

Alison says:

So I’m a big fan of cookie dough, though I know you’re not really supposed to eat it. Anyway, I have to admit, I wanted to eat the picture where you have the one scoop of dough on top of the brownie square. At first glance, it looked like a brownie sundae! :)

penguinadorer says:

If you use pasteurized eggs in your cookie dough, which most stores do unless you specifically look for unpasteurized..you’ll be fine. Your chance of getting sick is so low. Unless you’re immunocompromised.

Amanda says:

These look absolutely incredible! Beautiful! :)

Tracy says:

I just love when you stuff things with other things…especially when it involves massive amounts of chocolate!!

Holy smokes, another fabulous sweet treat from you! I definitely want to make these and surprise the heck out of my coworkers!
    Thanks for the creation :)

Love all of your stuffed cookie concoctions!

EatLiveRun says:

Jenny! Your recipes never fail to make me drool all over my keyboard! :)

conna says:

WOW, WOW … WOW … what an idea !!!!!

Have to make them asap.

I just drooled all over the counter at work..whoops!

CassidyS says:

Wow-these look amazing, what a great idea! I love your site and recipes. I’m going to try and make a gluten/dairy free version of this (we follow a gluten and dairy free diet due to my son). Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes!

I have to try these! The best of both worlds (chocolate chip cookies & brownies) in one treat! Fabulous!

Christina says:

Wow. That is an amazing cookie. Need a glass of milk for those!

Yes, please! I’ll take two. Yes, I know they’re very large cookies…don’t make me ask for three anyway. :P

Any cookie that requires a fork goes to the top of my must-try list!

Mia says:

Oh dear, I really wish I hadn’t seen this post…lack of will power + a love of brownies…this is going to end badly!

;)

They turned out beautifully! Oh, those are marvellous.

Kim in MD says:

Oh my gosh…you are KILLING me, Jenny! These combinations are TO DIE FOR~ :-)

Bridgett says:

My goodness, these little babies would be come my new best friend. So indulgent!

My mom made Bakerella’s recipe for brownie stuffed cookies and they were fantastic. Yours look just as delicious!

Miranda says:

SHUT UP! My two favorite things ever! Every time I get a blizzard, that is what goes in it. A-MA-ZING!

beatrix says:

Oh my goodness…these look amazing.

Mary Beth says:

Wow! My two favorite desserts combined into one. I will definitely be trying out this recipe :).

Michelle says:

I will be making these this weekend! Your version looks so much better than the other ones!! Your cookies always turn out perfect :)

Wow, these look amazing. Just found your blog and love it, can’t wait to try some of your soup recipes soon!

Mrs. L says:

OMG. Just pack them on my hips now because I’ll eat the whole batch!

Jennifer says:

OMG, these look sooooooooooooooooooooo good! I’m going to feature these on my blog, if you don’t mind. I can’t wait to make these!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

Tarrah Dame says:

holy crap this has my name written all over it! thanks for sharing…can’t wait to try it for my blog :)