Feb
2011

Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies…with Sea Salt

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cookies

Not sure what my infatuation is with peanut butter cookies lately, can NOT get enough.  This recipe was inspired by another little jar of famous peanut butter from Spread Restaurant called….White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter.  Needless to say I ate the whole jar with nothing but a spoon in a few short days.  After it was gone I knew I had to create a cookie with the same flavors.

My Pretzel M&M Brownie Bark recipe is posted today on Smithfield.com, do make sure you come take a peek!!

Here you have my newest love….Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt.  Don’t try to say that 3 times fast :)  Enjoy!

Here’s your line up.

Break out a small saucepan full of lightly boiling water and place a heat proof bowl over it.  Add your white chips and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and melt until smooth.  This will be added to your dough, mmmm!

Here’s my secret ingredient….McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt sprinkled on top of each cookie before baking.  Brace your taste buds for that sweet and salty combo, it’s incredible here!

Take your pretty pretzels and crush them into pieces.  The kids will love to help with this :)

So, you’ve added your white chocolate and creamy peanut butter to the dough, now you add your dry ingredients along with the white chips and pretzels pieces.  Give her a good mix!

You’ll get something like this.

Scoop onto your favorite silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and press down to about 1/2 inch thick.  This way they bake better.

Mmmmm, sprinkle on a touch of McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt.

Mmmm :)

Ta’da!  These are right up there in my top 5 cookies.  Love them to pieces!  Hope you enjoy.

Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies…with Sea Salt

1 stick softened butter, 8 tablespoons

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1 cup white chocolate chips, to melt

1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter (reserve 2 tablespoons to add to melting white chips)

1 large egg

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 cup broken pretzel pieces

1 Cup additional white chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Melt white chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons peanut butter over a double boiler until melted.  Add melted chocolate chips  and remaining peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and vanilla.

2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; mix to combine.  Add to wet ingredients until just combined then pour in pretzels and additional white chocolate chips.  With a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  With the palms of your hand, gently press down each cookie to about 1/2 inch in thickness.  Sprinkle each cookie with a touch of sea salt.   Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges become golden and slightly crisp.  Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing.

3 dozen cookies

______________________________

*Disclaimer: I am part of the McCormick Real Gourmet Blogger Program and am being
compensated however the thoughts and recipe are my very own.

Happy Baking, come back soon!

Comments

holly says:

OH MY GOSH!!!! These sound completely amazing-printing:)

Amanda says:

Oh my goodness, these sound incredible! Can’t wait to give these a try. That white chocolate pretzel spread is my favorite! :)

Well, these just about made me drool – I LOVE sweet and salty together.
    This is on my “must try asap” list.

You definitely know the way to my heart – sweet and salty!!

OMG, so many great ingredients! I’d use dark or milk chocolate and love these!

Love the sweet and salty combo! Looks delicious :)

Michelle says:

Okayyyy, This sounds so Delish!!!!! I am going to make this bad Mamma Jammas ASAP!!!!!! YuM, Thanks for sharing another FABULOUS must make now recipe!!!!!!!! Thank ya Thank Ya!!!!

Michelle Torres
    decorater4life@aol.com

Jenny, I love all of the flavors in these sweet and salty cookies! xo

Jenny, you totally outdid yourself…these sound so decadent!!!

Well pretzels and peanut butter is one of the best snacks there is…so genius to put them in a cookie with some white chocolate…! Also, we MUST get to this spread place!

Lisa says:

Oh I love the addition of pretzels, what a great idea!

brandy says:

I am drooling, I absolutely love sweet and salty combos and I cannot wait to try this out!!!

I love love love the combo of peanut butter and pretzels. The cookies you make are unreal!

must try these :)

Wenderly says:

These look so scrumdillyicous! WOW! And the photos are beautiful!

Cindy says:

Had cookies on the mind when I woke up this morning….now I know what I’ll be making! These sound amazing!

Christi says:

Those look amazing and combine some of my favorite ingredients! And I am such a fan of your liberal use of salt, I truly think it takes baked goods to that next level.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., thetowntalker. thetowntalker said: Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies…with Sea …: This recipe was inspired by another littl… http://bit.ly/eddJQt [...]

Fallon says:

Delicious!! Pretzels go so well in sweets. I’m going to try this recipe using dark chocolate chips.

Amanda says:

Oh yes, I will be making these tonight! Thanks! Were you inspired by Spread’s white chocolate pretzel peanut butter? I got my order in yesterday and armed with a spoon, fought off my husband and daughter while I sampled every single one of them! Yikes. Too good to describe appropriately!! They came in black boxes with hot pink paper like I was opening sexy lingerie!! Among my 10 jars was the delicious white chocolate infused with pretzel peanut butter, which was my favorite and the white chocolate peanut butter cup, and the butterscotch…oh boy, I am in trouble!

Yet another recipe that goes straight to my heart! I’m in love with the sweet and salty combination, pretty much can’t get enough of yogurt or chocolate covered pretzels! I basically have to argue with myself to keep from eating entire bags of them. YUM! I’ll be putting this right at the top of my to-do list!

Stacey W. says:

There are NO WORDS! :)

Sweet and salty is the perfect combo! And I tried to replicate that peanut butter because it looked SO good! I added coconut to it, and it was amazing! Those cookies look so delicious. I can taste them through the computer =] haha

Sasha says:

I cannot wait to try these! Thanks for all your wonderful recipes!

lauren says:

hi. just wanted to make sure – are there 2 sticks of butter? (or are you just telling us that 1 stick is 8 tablespoons?) thanks!

Oh the sweet and salty combo wins me over every time! Bookmarked!!

Kerstin says:

Yum, I love pretzels in cookies and the PB sweet/salty combo sounds amazing, I can see why these make your top 10!

EatLiveRun says:

love love love sea salt on my baked goods! :)

I can see myself eating these by the dozen…they sound delicious.

Craftyshe says:

These look so good ,but I can’t eat peanut butter :-(

MMmmmmm…. Pretty sure I’m gonna love these! Thanks!

I so want to eat this! Yum!!!!!!

LOVE these! Eat one for me:)

Christina says:

Mmmm I love sweet and salty treats. Bookmarking these for later. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

dr.fine says:

If these taste 1/2 as good as these look they will be amazing! Can’t wait to try them.

Molly Carter says:

Wish I had one (or 5) right now!!!

Kyndal says:

I made these today… I was not disapointed!!! Soo yummy. Love the salt and sweet combo!! Yummmy

Sharlene says:

Mmm love the sweet and salty combination!

Melinda says:

We tried these tonight and they were a hit! Everybody in our family loved the salty sweet goodness. We will definitely be making these again.

Diane says:

sweetand salty is a winner every time with me

OhmyGAWWWD, how do you just not EAT all that cookie dough!? Looks out. of. this WORLD.

Um. Why do you do this to me? You make so many amazing cookie recipes! I’m at an impasse…I can’t decide which ones I want to make the most, then you come out with new ones like these! I’ll certainly never run out of yummy cookies, that’s for sure! Thanks!

Gaby says:

the sea salt on top is the perfect touch!! Love the salty and sweet flavor combos!

Michelle F says:

This post and seeing Spread on “Best Thing I Ever Ate” on Food Network convinced me to order 4 things of Peanut Butter, and I can’t wait to make these cookies!!

doughmesstic says:

Look SO yummy! Very clever, lady.

Tracy says:

I just love the sweet and salty combo – these look divine!

Fuji Mama says:

HOLY COW, MUST HAVE NOW! Like my little rhyme? Didn’t even intend to write one, but realized after the fact that I did. So impressed with myself. ;) These look amazing!

Kelli says:

You have just made the perfect cookie for my family. It has everything they love and now I know just what treat I’ll be making for Valentine’s Day. So lovely!

Amelia says:

Um, these are totally ridic. Can’t wait to make em.

Beth D. says:

Made these tonight…absolutely incredible!! Thanks for an awesome recipe…like you said…top 5 cookie of all time for me too!