Not sure what my infatuation is with peanut butter cookies lately, can NOT get enough. This recipe was inspired by another little jar of famous peanut butter from Spread Restaurant called….White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter. Needless to say I ate the whole jar with nothing but a spoon in a few short days. After it was gone I knew I had to create a cookie with the same flavors.
Here you have my newest love….Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt. Don’t try to say that 3 times fast 🙂 Enjoy!
Here’s your line up.
Break out a small saucepan full of lightly boiling water and place a heat proof bowl over it. Add your white chips and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and melt until smooth. This will be added to your dough, mmmm!
Here’s my secret ingredient….McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt sprinkled on top of each cookie before baking. Brace your taste buds for that sweet and salty combo, it’s incredible here!
Take your pretty pretzels and crush them into pieces. The kids will love to help with this 🙂
So, you’ve added your white chocolate and creamy peanut butter to the dough, now you add your dry ingredients along with the white chips and pretzels pieces. Give her a good mix!
You’ll get something like this.
Scoop onto your favorite silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and press down to about 1/2 inch thick. This way they bake better.
Mmmmm, sprinkle on a touch of McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt.
Ta’da! These are right up there in my top 5 cookies. Love them to pieces! Hope you enjoy.
Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies...with Sea Salt
- cookie sheet
- cookie scoop
- Large Bowl
- parchment paper
- 1 stick softened butter 8 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips to melt
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup additional white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter, sugar and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beating until well combined, a good 1-2 minutes.
- Place white chips and peanut butter over the bowl of a double broiler and heat until creamy and smooth. Add melted mixture to bowl of butter/sugar mixture, stirring to combine. Add egg and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt, pretzel pieces and white chocolate chips, stir until dough forms. Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, placing cookies 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before serving.