Feb
2011

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookies….Literally 2 Ingredients!

Tags:

Cookies

Wait until you get a load of my Reeses PB Cup cookies, they are quite comical actually….only 2 ingredients….PB Cups and an egg.  No kidding, this was a recipe idea I just had to try and had NO idea if it was even going to turn out.

I was so anxious waiting for these to cool to see if they really were….well, a good cookie.  I will tell you, they absolutely did not disappoint.  They are thin, crispy around the edges and chewy in the center.  Perfect for stacking and perfect with a tall glass of milk :)

Hope you enjoy this funny little cookie recipe.

I bought three packages of these snack size Reeses Cups.  A total of 24 individual cups.  I’ve seen them at Target and Walmart, usually on sale for about $1 per package.

Glorious PB Cups!

Unwrap each little cup and try not to eat one in the process.

Break out your food processors folks!  Add PB Cups to your processor and mix until smooth.  Add your egg, and mix again until smooth.

You’ll get a dough that looks like this :)

Grab your favorite cookie scoop and place them onto your baking sheet.

Press each cookie to about 1/2 inch in thickness and sprinkle with a touch of sea salt if you are crazy like me.

Let these bad boys cool completely and you’ll get these gorgeous stackers!

Reeses Peanut butter Cup Cookies

24 snack size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, usually comes in a pack of 8

1 large egg

Sea Salt if desired

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Unwrap all Reeses cups and place into a food processor.  Pulse until smooth and combined.  Add an egg and pulse until combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  With the heel of your hand, press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch thick.  Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.  Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through and edges start to crisp.  Let cool for 15 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.

Makes 12-14 cookies

_______________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  Come back soon!

Comments

Sanjeeta kk says:

Quickie…going to grab a box of Reeses peanut butter cookies!

OMG… too easy! This is deadly.

I am making these today for sure!!

Ok, I need to try these immediately. How is the texture of the cookie?

I love this idea! Especially good after Trick or treating and I don’t know what to do with all the peanut butter cups!

What what? Only TWO ingredients!? And one of them is pb cups?! GENIUS. We cannot wait to try these.

Matt says:

ahh this looks amazing! I live in the UK and they don’t have the mini cups, just the normal size ones. How many normal ones do you think I’d need?

Liz says:

OMG! Doesn’t get any easier than that. Very impressive, in the simplest & most unique way possible :)

I may have to make a double batch, I am not sure I can share!

I can’t wait to try these! You are so smart to think of this!

craziness! I’m going to have to try it!

What?! This is crazy…they look so delicious!

Woah – I would never think to make cookies with just pb cups and an egg! they look perfect :)

Holy Toledo! I can’t imagine that this works, but there’s the proof. Gotta try it!

Laura says:

That is crazy, who would have thought? You are talented girl!

Kara says:

The trick to this recipe will be making sure I don’t eat all the Reese’s before the make it into the food processor! I can’t wait to try this!

What a fabulous idea!!

Is it wrong that I always have a bag of Reeses Cups laying around? They are pretty much a staple in my house.

Grocery List: Eggs, milk, Reeses Cups

I know, so weird, right? But then a recipe like this comes along and totally justifies it!!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., Amy, Jennifer, pnorthrop, Shiloh and others. Shiloh said: Must try these RT @PickyPalate: {New Post} Can u handle a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookie w/only 2 ingredients?! :) http://su.pr/2IfYkv [...]

EatLiveRun says:

No idea how you came up with them, but they look fabulous and I’ll definitely be trying these soon!

Melissa Mack says:

Great idea!
    Serious question…. Do you make a full batch of whatever recipe you are experimenting with?
    And what do you do with all the left over?
    I hate throwing stuff away…. My friends and coworkers are pretty much tired of me plumping them up :(

Depends what I am experimenting with Melissa. I give LOTS of my stuff away since I cook and bake daily :) Neighbors, friends, school…..pretty much everyone I see, lol! I, however have no complaints from them, your co-workers and friends are tired of the treats?! What?! Lol!

Sam says:

I don’t have a food processor..can I just use a hand mixer?

Yes, a hand mixer should work fine, maybe crush up the PB cups before starting the mixer though :)

• jen says:

i used a hand mixer…just a few minutes ago and i ended up throwing the bowl (plastic of course :) in the microwave to soften the pb cups up. I didnt see the comments about breaking them up! 1st pan is in the oven and hoping they turn out!!

These are so simple but look and sound amazing! I am anxious to try these out myself!

Very clever, and really how could this possibly taste bad?

Shana says:

Super excited to try these Jenny since I have Celiac and cannot eat gluten (wheat) these will be a go to cookie for me! Thanks so much. I use a lot of your recipes and convert them to gluten free for me :)

I can’t even believe you even thought to put this together. But let’s just go ahead and stuff a PB cup in between two of those bad boys and bake that up too!

Wow, very easy! Can’t wait to try this! Yum!!!

How is this even possible with 2 ingredients? I’m so curious, they look so delicious. These are a must try. Thanks :) You’re always so inventive.

Carole says:

Heading into the kitchen

Debbie says:

Great for us gluten free families!

You have to be freakin kidding me! This has to be the best recipe ever! 2 ingredients cookies?? WOW WOW WOW

Mary says:

These look like they’d make for great ice cream sandwiches :)

No freaking way!! These look amazing! I can’t believe it, this is the most inventive recipe I’ve ever seen!

Nancy Smith says:

This is our favorite candy, I can’t wait to try it. Thanks so much for all of your great recipes.

Chrissy says:

Wow. This is genious!!! Thanks for sharing =)

This recipe is perfect for ANY college student, looks simple and delicious–I am adding it to our Recipes and DIY Friday Link Drop tomorrow on CollegeCures.com.

Check back tomorrow to see YOUR link for Reese’s PB Cup Cookies and other DIY links!

Thanks for the recipe and we will be checking your site on the regular :)

Annie Maguire
    Managing Editor
    CollegeCures.com

Ronna says:

You are the most talented and creative cook, Jenny! I love your blog and your recipes!!!!!

great idea…thanks for passing it along.

Oh, these look great! I think I’d have to buy extras, there is no way I could open all those peanut butter cups without eating some!

Jenny, this recipe is sooooo fun!! I bet it kept you up all night and had you busting out of bed to make these cookies. The ultimate stackers for sure!

jennifer says:

These cookies look amazing except I’m afraid if I try to make them, I’m going to wind up eating all of the reeses!

Christina says:

Amazing- two ingredients! Reeses is by far one of my favorite candies.

trish says:

OMG way too easy. I’m so bummed I’m allergic to peanuts! Any suggestions for a candy substitute?

kirbie says:

You are so creative! I can’t believe how easy and delicious these look. I’m going to buy some peanut butter cups just so I can make these!

Kathryn says:

I just used up all my Reese’s PB Cups making your Banana Peanut Butter Cup Cookies on Tuesday! Time to stock up again!

Just finished dinner and I so want one of these!

Hilary says:

Never would have picked out the 2 ingredients from looking at the cookie! Reminds me of the pb cookie recipe with egg, flour and pb.

brian says:

YUM!
    I love reese’s, peanut butter, and cookies all 3 in one!
    BAM!

Shana says:

OK so I was excited to see these this morning on the blog and I went out on purpose bought the PB cups and made this for dessert. LOVED them!!! My son and I have to eat gluten free and these made our day. Thanks again!!