Sharing a favorite recipe today using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! These cookie bars could not be more delicious with a brown butter base. You are in for a serious treat!
Peanut Butter Cups
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are are one of our very favorite candy bars to eat and to bake with. So excited for you to try these cookie bars, the brown butter base makes them rich and so delicious!
Try my Peanut Butter Cup Krispie Treats too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
The Best Cookie Bars
How To Brown Butter
To start this recipe, you’ll need to brown your butter. See my full instructions here, How To Brown Butter. With my step by step instructions you’ll become a pro in no time!
Once your brown butter has cooled for about 15 minutes, cream your butter with the sugars then egg and vanilla. Add your dry ingredients.
I prefer using the mini chocolate chips for this recipe since I’m also using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Carefully stir in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to your dough.
The Best Cookie Dough
No joke, this could possibly be the best cookie dough to ever exist.
Press your dough into a parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until baked through.
Right when you take the bars out of the oven, top with additional chopped chocolate and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They’ll melt slightly.
Cut into squares and prepare yourself for the best cookie bars ever. They’re really good with a scoop of ice cream on top too.
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Bars
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie bar.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookie bars. Bars will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before cutting into squares and storing in containers. This will keep their crispness.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
- 2 sticks butter salted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 10.5 ounce bag mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped and quartered
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks chopped
- 12 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Swirl until melted and let butter brown. Once browned transfer to a large mixing bowl. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add sugars to brown butter and stir to combine. Stir in eggs and vanilla until combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and mini chocolate chips. Stir until dough forms and carefully stir in quartered peanut butter cups. Leave 12 mini cups for topping after baked. Transfer dough to a parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish, pressing even. Bake for 30-35 minutes until baked through. Immediately top with chocolate chunks and 12 quartered peanut butter cups. Let cool for 30 minutes then cut into squares and serve.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board