Feb
2011

“Easy” Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts

Tags: , ,

Appetizers and Sides

What is it about cheese and bacon that makes me crazy….in the best way possible?!  This recipe is so simple, but you will have everyone fooled, trust me. I created this one for my latest post over at Smithfield.com where you can jot down the recipe.

Go grab a can of refrigerated biscuit dough, Pillsbury has their new “Simply” line that we are huge fans of.  No added preservatives, yes!

I loved these in a rustic cast iron skillet, but if you do not have one, a small baking dish would work too.  Hope you will enjoy, bake some up today, you’ll be glad you did :)

Try not to jump when these babies pop, I dare you!

Fresh Mozzarella is preferred here, but feel free to use shredded if needed.

BACON!

More cheese please.

This my friends is a skillet of love if you ask me!

Enjoy!

Easy Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts

2 tablespoons melted butter
One roll refrigerated biscuit dough, 8 count
6 thin slices fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick
1 cup Smithfield cooked, crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and brush a 9-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter.
Unroll biscuits from can and place into bottom of skillet. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese, bacon crumbles then shredded cheddar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and biscuits are cooked through. Serve warm.

8 servings

Comments

This just sounds so savory and delicious,I wish I had some for breakfast right now!

Wow! these ARE easy. I am immediately putting these ingredients on my grocery list to make them for my bf! He will die!

My husband would go ga-ga for these! This is totally his kind of food.

I prefer to stick to any of your cookies stuffed with something amazing in the middle, i.e. oreos, pb cups, etc. :) That’s more my speed. What can i say, desserts rule my world!

You have me at cheesy bacon!

Conna says:

Wow, Wow and Wow … love cheese/bacon combination.

Anothen hit from you Jenny.

Thank you !!!

Jen T says:

YUM! Just to clarify, is that fresh mozzarella or just a block of mozzarella? Fresh is usually in water, so I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Hi Jen,
      You are absolutely right, I meant to say a block of mozzarella however fresh would be incredible here too!! Thanks for catching this :)

• Jolynn says:

I totally used fresh mozzarella, but I honestly think that shredded would work much better. These are absolutely amazing.

Katrina says:

These are awesome looking. Very cool recipe.

Jenny, you and I both have bacon & cheese on the brain today. I just posted these ingredients too! Love these doughy rolls girl :)

Looks like a decadent little treat!

Eileen says:

Wow! These look like a perfect breakfast treat. I love the simplicity of the recipe too. Thanks for sharing!

Josh will love these!

Meghan says:

I am so excited to try these. There are few things I like better than cheese and bacon!

Abbey says:

my mom made something just like this when I was growing up but she also put scrambled eggs on them too! so so good, the photos are making me hungry!

Wow I want one now. You’re killing me!

These look awesome, and super easy. Can’t wait to try! Thanks for sharing :)

Maile says:

Love it!! Thanks so much! :)

I am sooo making these for my group!!! Anything cheese wins in my house!!!

bjgrubs says:

From the pictures, it appears as if you topped them with cheddar cheese. Can you please clarify? Thank you!!

Gosh these look amazing! I’m also all over anything with cheese and bacon. My question is therefore probably pretty funny but, regardless, does the Simply line have trans fat? The regular line does and so I don’t tend to buy it. Thanks!

I can smell them through my computer monitor! They look amazing!

Oh, my, delicious! I need to find a reason to make these…pronto!

Kathy says:

WOW — will really have to try !!!! Looks amazing :)

Amelia says:

Oh Dear Lord I should never have logged onto your site when I’m this hungry! Now there’s no way I’m heading for the vegetable drawer :) Can’t wait to make these for my husband, he’ll seriously jump for joy.

Tracy says:

I love these and can’t wait to try them! YUM!

Now that is some cheesy goodness! I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to stop eating these once I started.

Looks great; one of the few ready made treasures I can’t do without are biscuits; love the new line too.

Kita says:

Have. got. to. try. These look freaking awesome!

Christina says:

I know my husband and I would loooove these. Bookmarking for later!

Nothing better than a quick delicious recipe!

Bacon, cheese and doughy deliciousness all in one place. I’ll take a plate!

Fuji Mama says:

These look amazing! I love the new Simply line too. It’s so nice to have more products to choose from that don’t have all the extra added junk in them!

Kaitlyn says:

Oh YUM! I will so be making these!!

melissa says:

Easy is right! These look great!

Taylor says:

Cheese Bacon and Bread O my! These look amazing!

Very Informative,I’m bookmarking this.

These look so yummy! We will definitely be trying!

Andreea says:

Looks delicious! And so easy. Thanks for sharing!

Christine M. says:

Hi, love your site! thank you! Question, would bacon bits from a jar (like the ones for salads) would work here?

Christine M. says:

didn’t do my email right, sorry! posted right here in this reply

Erin A. says:

Again, these looks awesome! I just posted a quick healthy cheese stuff breakfast sandwich with real cheese/bacon on my blog a few days ago, (we are TRYING to be healthy and lose a few lbs since my cooking has totally caused some weight gain as of late) and then I see this. I could totally eat like five of these right now.

[...] have really been enjoying reading the Picky-Palate blog. Particularly her recent post on Cheesey Bacon Pull Aparts. Here is my [...]

Jenn says:

Jenny, these look amazing! I think my Bible study girls would love these – do they need to be eaten immedietaly? Also curious if you think this recipe could be made in a bunt pan like monkey bread? Love your site. :)

We loved this recipe! We only had croissants on hand so cut those up and it came out delish!!!

Erin A. says:

Sound great! I made a Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole with Drunken Strawberries this morning for my blog post. It was delish…but now I could go for this…more savory, salty (bacon) flavored treat! yumm!

Julie says:

What…? Do you have a competition going? You have referred to your “own blog” more than once, which I find mildly irritating.

barbara says:

Could not locate this on smithfield.com

[...] suppose you could make your own biscuits, but it turned out great with the store bought ones that Picky Palate recommended. They’re from Pillsbury’s Simply line and contain no trans fat or added [...]

I just wanna say I put a lil’ sour cream on mine and they are sooo awesome! Great for a quick morning snack. This recipe has already been printed, put into a sleeve protector and then into our binder to be made again!

Just have to say I’ve made these twice already. The first with croissants and this last time with the Rustic french bread from Pillsbury. We also used breakfast sausage. Ooo-la-la, these are our new favorite dishes.

[...] These easy cheesy bacon pull apart biscuits from Picky Palate will be coming to our breakfast table soon.  Maybe tomorrow. [...]