Mar
2011

Cookies and Cream Peanut Butter…Midnight Snack

Desserts

Need a midnight snack?  Or anytime snack for that matter, my cookies and cream peanut butter might just knock your socks off :)

I was so lucky to have my sister and her family visit earlier this week and I got to have some kitchen time with her beautiful girls.  They are just the sweetest things ever.

Hope you’ll enjoy this naughty snack that’s good enough to eat by the spoonful!

Here’s your 3 ingredient line up.

Break out the Oreos.

My sweet little helper, I miss her already!

Here’s the second stinker that kept passing through the kitchen.  Can you even stand how cute she is?!

Pour those Oreos in a large bowl.

…as well as peanut butter

Time to melt the chocolate chips :)

Use either a double boiler or melt in the microwave.

Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the double boiler, helps melt the chocolate nicely.

Add the chocolate to the bowl!

Mmmm :)

Give a gentle stir and place into a mason jar.

Yes please.

Double yes please.

Cookies and Cream Peanut Butter

10 whole Oreo Cookies

2 Cups creamy peanut butter

1 cup white chocolate chips

2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

1.  Crush Oreos into small pieces and place into a large bowl.  Add 2 cups peanut butter.

2.  Place white chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter into a double boiler and stir until melted.  Add to bowl of Oreos and peanut butter.  Stir just a little so you have a bit of swirls of chocolate throughout.  Place peanut butter into a jar or eat from the bowl :)

Yield:  Debatable

________________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon!

Comments

Amy says:

Oh wow, that looks dangerously delicious! Haha I love your yield note. Thanks for sharing your mouth watering creativity.

Robin says:

Oh my! Have to try this one! What a great combination!

This looks like the best midnight snack ever!

Oh man Jenny…. you just took my peanut butter obsession to a whole new level. I have made white chocolate peanut butter before because I’m obsessed with White Chocolate Wonderful, but never added cookies!!

Oh this looks amazing! I used to dip oreos in peanut butter but this is even better.

Your nieces are so adorable! This is brilliant! Now I’ve added chocolate chips to a spoonful of pb before indulging, but never thought to make a mix such as this. Thank you for taking pb to a whole new, delicious level!!!

Gabriella says:

Oh my goodie! That just looks ridiculously delicious! Mhmm!x

Katrina says:

You just made my day! I’m so making this today. LOVE this!

White chocolate, and peanut butter, and Oreos. Ohhhh myyyy!

Jenny, I heart you :)

And your helpers…are tooooo adorable for words! I cannot believe you stopped the cooking to get your camera out to take pics of them helping you. In that time flat, my helper would have helped herself to a sizable portion of the goods :)

Molly Carter says:

Oh my goodness, Jenny! My pregnancy hormones demand some of this now! I love how easy it is. Great recipe, as always. :)

Sanjeeta kk says:

This looks so much of fun to make! Love the cutties out there..

Lisa says:

My youngest loves PB and I know he would devour this! I can’t wait to try this :)

Monica says:

Oh yes!!! That looks amazing!

This looks downright sinful. And it would be for me since I gave up peanut butter for lent. :-) Your helpers are adorable!

I love peanut butter! This would be a wonderful treat!

I just had a peanut butter bake day with my good friend and now you hit me with this?!?!?!

man.

That looks incredible!! I wish I was at home so I could make some RIGHT NOW :)

Stacy says:

Everything you make is EVIL! I mean, the concoctions you come up with! It’s like your inside my mind!!!!! Deliciousness abound!

Erin A. says:

OH MY GOODNESS! Looks delicious! I did a National Peanut Butter Lover’s post on my blog recently about some delicious flavors of peanut butter I had stumbled across! Now if only I’d seen this one! YUMM

mishi says:

Oh man, this looks awesome! Does it need to be refrigerated?

Hi Mishi,
      I’ve kept mine out on the counter for 3 days now and it’s still great. I would think you could refrigerate it as well :)

Becky S says:

Oh my that looks so good! I Can’t wait to try it!!

A visit to Aunt Jenny’s would be a dream for any kid! These are some lucky (and adorable) little girls. :-)

My kids will love this! Great idea! Your nieces are such cuties.

Nannette says:

This looks so so delightful…I’m going to make this, this weekend, my son will love it…Thanks so much for sharing with us..I cant wait to get my fingers in it to get a taste !!!

saniel says:

looks yummy, how long does this last in fridge?

Liz says:

Gosh, I’m always buying interesting peanut butters but never think to make them myself! This sounds amazing, and such cute helpers :)

Shana says:

SO excited to try this one! Great concept and flavors. Going to use my Gluten Free Oreos with this so I can enjoy! Thanks

Rachel says:

Oooooh!!! So bad, but it looks so yummy!! I absolutely love peanut butter, and this would just make it 100 times better!

Your creativity and genius with naughty and delicious treats never ceases to amaze me!!

oh my goodness. I already love white chocolate pb, but this is insane!! So excited to try it :)

I’ve been loving cookies’n’cream stuff lately – even made a pound cake last week!

Ginger says:

I’m totally stealing this idea for end-of-year teacher gifts! You are amazing – and so darn skinny!!!!! How do you do it?!?!?!?

Kim Adams says:

I LOVE these pictures! I’m so glad my little gals were able to help Aunt Picky Palate out ;) We all miss you guys SO SO SO much! Thanks for the funnest weekend ever!

“Debatable” haha so truee! This looks too amazing for words!

Emily says:

OK my 2 FAVORITE things together….I would like to call this “Heaven in a Jar”. WOW! Cannot wait to try!!! Check out my kitchen and some recipes ;) http://www.mrscapretta.com (plus a Lady Primrose giveaway)

So sweet.

This is a great idea and I am drooling, which means that I have no choice but to make this TODAY.

Thanks for the lovely post and recipe!

Heather says:

Jenny! Wow! This looks absolutely amazing and so sinful! I would have to keep this very far from my husband. It combines all of his favorites and he would probably eat the whole jar. :)

Rachel says:

I imagine I’d eat this straight out of the bowl, but in the event that I could control myself long enough to spread this on something, what would you recommend? I’m thinking maybe with pretzels or graham crackers?

I’m a peanut butter addict! I love it and eat a PB&J sandwich every day. This combo could be disasterous, but I have to try it. I hope I don’t get too addicted.

Tina Knudson says:

OK, I totally wish I wasn’t on bed rest so I could run to the store to get the ingredients!!! It’s making me want some right NOW!!! Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Emily says:

I was going to ask how long you think it would be good for, but let’s not kid ourselves, it won’t last long enough in my house to matter! Looks A.MAZ.ING!

justcooknyc says:

holy cow, this is total insanity

Amanda says:

Lawsie mercy, talk about a delightfully sinful snack! This looks incredible, Jenny! xoxo

Gramma Val says:

As I said, can’t wait to spoil my grandkid with this one!!

Oh my gosh… I need a jar of that and a spoon, right now :D

Chrissy says:

WOW!! Such a good idea… I need some of that now… looks like I have my dessert lined up.

Shellie Hartsock says:

OMG you are evil! I gained 10 pounds just reading this post.

Sarah says:

Like others, I’m wondering how long it will keep. I want to make some for gifts – looks AMAZING!!!!

Hi Sarah,
      I’ve had it on the counter for 3 days now and it’s still great. It’s just peanut butter, white chocolate and Oreos so I think it will keep for a few weeks no problem :)

outoftheoven says:

All I have to say is that between this post and your stuffed cookie posts, you have become my new hero.