Mar
2011

Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread

Tags: , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Pizza night is always a happy night in our house and as I was rummaging through the refrigerator a few nights ago I saw a nice bag of pepperoni just begging to be used.  Because we make pizza all the time, I was in the mood to mix things up a bit and this fun quick bread was just what I needed to jazz up the pizza we have so often.  Now I just need to get my husband off my back about getting “all natural” low- fat pepperonis. :)  Baby steps hon.

I was quite shocked after I cut into this pizza bread to find distinct swirls of marinara and bits of pepperoni within the bread.  I love the contrasting colors.  Slice and serve with a fresh crisp salad.  Enjoy!

Here’s your line-up of ingredients:  my mistake, I left out a jar of Italian Seasoning from the above photo :)

Add all ingredients–except the marinara–into the mixer in no particular order however, I started with the flour.

Then the seasonings and eggs.

Oil and buttermilk.

PepperoniTime for pepperoni!

Cut each pepperoni into fourths :)

Time for the cheeses!

Mix, mix, mix!

Pour half of the batter into a  bread pan.  The one I used measures 9x5x2 3/4-inches.

Top evenly with marinara.

Like so :)

Add the rest of the batter over the marinara.

Top with more Parmesan!

….and some Italian Seasoning!

Time to bake, 350 degrees F. 45-55 minutes.

How gorgeous is that?!

Let cool for 30 minutes, slice and EAT!

Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

1 cup quartered pepperoni slices, about 32 slices

1/2 cup marinara sauce

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray small bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper into the bowl of a stand or electric mixer, mix to combine.  Slowly add in eggs, oil, buttermilk, Parmesan, Mozzarella and pepperoni until just combined.  Pour half of batter into prepared bread pan that measures 9x5x2 3/4-inches.  Top evenly with marinara sauce then pour remaining batter over sauce.  Top with Italian seasoning and additional Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.  Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.  Slice and serve warm or room temperature.

Makes 8 servings

________________________________

Check it out, I was featured on HotandHealthymom.com!

Have a great week, come back soon!

Comments

Kim says:

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it! You seriously have the best ideas.

gourmet says:

What a nice idea. Looks amazing, I think I have to try immediately.

Lisa says:

I saw a pepperoni dip yesterday and now this…I guess pepperoni is calling my name as well. It looks so good, I can’t wait to try this! Thanks for another great recipe :)

Oh my gosh… I am making this today. What a fabulous bread!

This looks so good! I could eat this as my meal.

Jenny you did a great job on this! But you ALWAYS do a great job on your recipes and wonderful creations :)

YUM!

GENIUS.

i’m making this for my hubby this weekend…he’ll LOVE it! (who am i kidding, I’LL love it too ;))

Like Heather, this is something my hubby and I would love this! :)

Celeste says:

Wow! This is such a great idea! I am a cheese and pepperoni fiend, so this really speaks to me. It looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing this :)

f/2.8Momma says:

This sounds super easy and delicious. Putting pepperoni on my shopping list!

that looks so good! reminds me of my mom’s bubble up pizza deep dish casserole :)

um, YUM! I need to gather these ingredients in my house because I know this would be an AWESOME lunch on Sunday after my friend’s birthday party Sat night!

Candice says:

Ooooh… I think this might be tonight’s dinner!

My boyfriend and I just started making our own pizza and this looks like it might have to be next on the agenda! Wow, that bread looks like cheesey-amazingness!

Miranda says:

This is such a great idea. Looks quick and easy too.

Yummy! I’d love it with a big green salad!

Kelly says:

*swoon* I definitely need to make this! What a great idea – thanks!

Karly says:

What a fun idea! I think this would be a great alternative to pizza night!

So simple and looks so gourmet! :)

Tabitha says:

This looks fantastic! Great Friday night dinner idea. Thanks for sharing :)

yeni says:

This looks yummy and very versatile. I’d make one with pepperoni, and another with diced chicken or even a veggie version. What an easy recipe! I think even my picky 3yo will enjoy this. Thanks!

That looks really good. I think it would excellent to add some veggies in there. Maybe tonight is going to be pizza night……

Thanks Jenny!

Yum, yum yum! It is going to be pizza night in my house soon!

alexis says:

This looks so good. I have a question … I only have a larger bread pan (9 x5), so if I doubled the recipe, do you think that would work? And would you change the time/temp? Thanks!

Hollie Rudnicki says:

OK… this is WAAAYYY easier and faster than my every Friday night homade pizza dough. I spend about 3 hours preparing for our family pizza nights. I just might have to change things up a bit! thanks :)

This is brilliant! It looks soooo inviting! So much so I think I would enjoy a slice for breakfast!!

Jamie says:

Considering running to the store to get ingredients to make this RIGHT now. It looks sooo good.

Erica says:

what do you consider a “small bread pan”? (Measurement-wise, that is)

Also – is buttermilk just for “extra tasty-ness”? I never have buttermilk on hand and I hesitate to buy a container for just one recipe. Can regular milk substitute? Or is there a “baking chemistry” reason that necessitates the buttermilk?

Hi Erica,
      Thanks for asking, I will go add the exact measurement of the bread pan to the recipe. It is 9x5x2 3/4. I wouldn’t substitute the buttermilk, it is a must for the recipe :)

• DEANNA says:

you can make your own buttermilk….take your regular milk…and add 1 tablespoon of Vinegar or lemon juice! Super easy…and this way you don’thave to have buttermilk on hand!

EatLiveRun says:

looks delicious, Jenny! I want a slice of that right now!

Wow! That looks amazing! And I’m so excited that it’s from scratch. I think I’m going to make this tonight!

Katrina says:

Awesome looking bread. This would be perfect any time of day!

Kat says:

Wow, this looks so good! I need to try this!

Erica Lea says:

Oh my. This looks incredible. Me thinks this needs to be made in our kitchen. :D

Roxie says:

Yeah. This is being made. Like Saturday.

Kim in MD says:

Wow…all I can is YUM! You are amazingly creative, Jenny! :-)

Verena says:

I´ve never made Pizza bread. And this looks sooo… delicious! My daughter will love it! Thanks for this great recipe!

Hug´s,
    Verena

Num…This is definitely on my menu. Maybe even tonight. Jenny, you are going to make me have to exercise!

Jessica says:

This looks so good! Pizza night is always a favorite in our house too, so I’ll have to try this one!

Kristal says:

I will have to make this for my son! Thanks for sharing!

Robin says:

I just had dinner, but my mouth is watering looking at this bread!

Dee D. says:

That looks so delicious! I’m drooling on my keyboard :D Pepperoni, and cheese, two of my favorite things combined in one!

Renee says:

Thanks so much for posting this recipe. The minute I saw it this morning I knew what we were having for dinner. Pizza bread and a ceasar salad were perfect together. My family gave it rave reviews. It a keeper for sure.

Jennifer says:

Oh my goodness, this looks so delish! I want this right now! Thanks so much for introducing me to this bread. I cannot wait to make it!
    Jen
    Scissors & SPatulas

LimeCake says:

Now I know what I’m making this weekend! Quickbreads are one of my fave things!

[...] Cheesy Pepperoni Quick Bread from Picky Palate [...]

Sherri says:

Oh, my goodness!!! This recipe was such a hit with Papa Dukes (my husband)! I made this recipe last night, and he was excited to bring the leftovers to work for lunch today. I hope you don’t mind, but I posted your recipe on my new blog. Of course, I gave you credit! :)

Sherri says:

Oh, my goodness! I forgot to mention that I had to substitute some of the ingredients. I didn’t have marinara sauce, so I used pizza sauce and I didn’t have shredded parmesan cheese, so I used a combination of monterey and Swiss cheese. I have been trying to clean out my cupboards, freezer and refrigerator. Papa Dukes still loved it. Girl, your recipes are THE BEST!!! I have all my friends using them! :)

Sues says:

Perfect party food!! And I LOVE all the natural light your kitchen gets… so beautiful :)

Tracy says:

Yes, please! I love anything pizza-flavored so I know this will be a big hit!

That is quite honestly the besting looking bread I’ve seen in a loooooong time!! Kudos. :)