Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Appetizers and Sides
Mar
2011

Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread

Tags: , , , ,

Pizza night is always a happy night in our house and as I was rummaging through the refrigerator a few nights ago I saw a nice bag of pepperoni just begging to be used.  Because we make pizza all the time, I was in the mood to mix things up a bit and this fun quick bread was just what I needed to jazz up the pizza we have so often.  Now I just need to get my husband off my back about getting “all natural” low- fat pepperonis. 🙂  Baby steps hon.

I was quite shocked after I cut into this pizza bread to find distinct swirls of marinara and bits of pepperoni within the bread.  I love the contrasting colors.  Slice and serve with a fresh crisp salad.  Enjoy!

Here’s your line-up of ingredients:  my mistake, I left out a jar of Italian Seasoning from the above photo 🙂

Add all ingredients–except the marinara–into the mixer in no particular order however, I started with the flour.

Then the seasonings and eggs.

Oil and buttermilk.

PepperoniTime for pepperoni!

Cut each pepperoni into fourths 🙂

Time for the cheeses!

Mix, mix, mix!

Pour half of the batter into a  bread pan.  The one I used measures 9x5x2 3/4-inches.

Top evenly with marinara.

Like so 🙂

Add the rest of the batter over the marinara.

Top with more Parmesan!

….and some Italian Seasoning!

Time to bake, 350 degrees F. 45-55 minutes.

How gorgeous is that?!

Let cool for 30 minutes, slice and EAT!

[ziplist]

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

1 cup quartered pepperoni slices, about 32 slices

1/2 cup marinara sauce

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray small bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper into the bowl of a stand or electric mixer, mix to combine.  Slowly add in eggs, oil, buttermilk, Parmesan, Mozzarella and pepperoni until just combined.  Pour half of batter into prepared bread pan that measures 9x5x2 3/4-inches.  Top evenly with marinara sauce then pour remaining batter over sauce.  Top with Italian seasoning and additional Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.  Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.  Slice and serve warm or room temperature.

Makes 8 servings

________________________________

Check it out, I was featured on HotandHealthymom.com!

Have a great week, come back soon!

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Amanda says:

This looks absolutely fabulous. What gorgeous bread! 🙂

Now that is what I call a wonderful savory bread. Beautiful, Jenny.

Oh yeah! This bread looks delicious! I can’t wait to give this a try! 🙂

craftyshe says:

Looks yummy!But everything you make does 🙂

Hi Jenny! this is such a super fun idea for quick bread. My family always loves pizza night – gotta try this one on them 🙂

Jennifer says:

I used to buy the most amazing Asiago Pesto bread at a co-op and I’m wondering if this recipe could serve to help me re-create that — looks amazing!

delia says:

That looks delish!

Heather says:

Oh yum! This looks amazing Jenny! I’m drooling all the way over in China right now wishing I had my kitchen close by so I could try this recipe. 🙂 It’s on my list to make as soon as I get home.

Christy says:

I have to tell you, I made this yesterday with a couple of changes. I didn’t have any shredded Parmesan so I mixed some grated Parmesan and Mozzarella instead. It turned out divine. Thank you for the wonderful easy recipe.

Yum! Will be making a veggie version of this soon:)

My kids would go crazy for this! Can’t wait for your cookbook!

Julie says:

A very delicious looking quickbread indeed! Love it 🙂

[…] This crazy bread from Picky Palate is being made at my house today.  Pepperoni quick bread…genius! […]

Beth says:

Looks delicious. Can’t wait to try it!

What a perfect snack for in-between lacrosse games! 🙂

Wowza! This is some good looking quick bread. I gave up pizza for lent, but this may just allow me to break it 😉

Allie says:

Hello yum! I am looking forward to making this for my coworkers this week 🙂

Bee says:

Wow, your recipes look absolutely amazingly delicious! I seriously just scrolled down to the past few months and am practically drooling on my keyboard. I’ve been trying to eat healthier lately, but this blog kind of reminds me that it’s okay and even good to indulge sometimes–especially in something so satisfying and delicious! Adding “stuffed cookies” to my to-cook list now 🙂

[…] Red Beans and Rice Wednesday – My Mom’s Homemade Chicken Salad Wraps Thursday – Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread Friday – Spaghetti Saturday – Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops and Cinnamon Rice with […]

Sarah says:

My husband loves pepperoni bread and I love how quick and simple this recipe is!

[…] Pizza quick bread with chicken Cesar salad […]

This looks awesome! We love pizza nights at our house, but this looks like such a fun and tasty alternative. Hubby isn’t a huge pepperoni fan so I think I might try it with a little crumbled sausage mixed in as well, or maybe half pepperoni on one side half sausage on the other – I have a feeling it will come out great no matter what! Good bread and cheese and some savory fillings… yumm!!

Melanie says:

It’s spring soccer season, and we spend 4 nights a week at the soccer field during dinner time. This looks like a PERFECT traveling meal to add to my “simple picnic dinner” repertoire. I’ve been searching and searching for more ideas. Thank you!

Kellie says:

I just made this and I checked it at 45 minutes and it was already too done! Bummer! I haven’t tried it yet because it’s still cooling but I wish I would have checked it earlier! Hopefully it still tastes great!

Wow this looks AMAZING!! What a great idea! I’ll definitely have to try this recipe soon! Like….tonight! 🙂

Jaimee says:

Maybe a dumb question here…do you need a stand mixer with that kind of attachment or can you just use a regular hand mixer with standard beaters?

This was a really fun meal. If I were to make it a second time, I would layer most of the cheese with the tomato sauce instead of mixing it in with the bread and tone down the black pepper just a little. And it worked well using whole-wheat flour!

AshleysMommy says:

We made this tonight and it was a huge hit. Next time I will use mini-pepperonis, as they’re about the same size as quartered pepperonis. I was imagining other possibilities as well, like Pesto and Chicken and Feta – I can’t wait to experiment. Thanks for another great recipe!

Hi there! I tried this out tonight and it was DELICIOUS!! I posted my adjusted recipe with the links back to your original:

Thanks so much for the deliciousness!

how can something that look THAT delicious be quick? impressive!

Joanna says:

Very good- and I even burnt mine! Subbed ham, olives and red peppers for the pepperoni. Good, versitle recipe! Thanks!

Chrissy says:

You became my 13-year-old son’s best friend with this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Diana says:

Girl… This bread is awesome.. I made it for a Mary Kay Party I had and it was the hit of the party… I used the mini turkey pepperoni and it worked out great..
    I will be doing different varietys for my kids and hubby to try cause he is the picky one..
    Thanks for the great recipe…

Amanda says:

I found you through stumbleupon and my goodness I’m loving your recipes! I can’t wait to try this one!

[…] Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread […]

Kerry says:

I just made this for lunch and I LOVED IT. Great idea for a quick meal!

I am a big pepperoni pizza girl, so this bread has my name all over it! Can’t wait to try it!

[…] bread was mine.  It sunk a bit in the middle but had great flavor!  That recipe can be found here.   For a complete round up of the food and some great pictures from Taylor, jump over to the […]

Ann Thayer says:

Do you think this would be suitable to make in mini muffin pans for a popable treat? Having a baby shower soon and thought it would work on the menue if I can make it that way. Thanks, am anxious to try either way.
    Ann

Darcy says:

Hi there! I have a quick question – is it really only ONE cup of flour for this recipe? My batter looked so runny I ended up adding an extra half cup – just wanted to check. Just found your website and LOVE it! Thanks so much!

[…] Cheesy pizza quick bread, green salad and grilled Italian chicken breasts […]

Hi! I recently tried this recipe for a craft night I had with some wives. It was a huge hit. Everyone was asking for the recipe, so I sent them over to your blog. I could barely save a piece for my husband! Thanks for a recipe I can add to my repertoire!

Olivia says:

We’ve made this twice now and it’s absolutely delicious!! Thank you for creating this mouth watering easy recipe that the whole family can like!

[…] – Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread and […]

Callie says:

Made the bread this weekend it was gone in a flash!!! Love the quickness and ease of this recipe. I’ll be making it frequently and possibly switching up the “toppings” for the pizza. Also thinking about making this in a muffin tin for cute little one serving pizza snacks! Love your ideas, thanks for the recipe 🙂

Hey Jenny, these quick bread would be perfect for the appetizer portion of the Get Grillin’ event I am hosting with Cookin’ Canuck. Please submit this and any two others if you wish 🙂

[…] Pepperoni Pizza Quick Bread from Picky Palate.  When Jenny isn’t baking up some of her infamous stuffed cookies, she features some pretty tasty, family-friendly fare.  This one is perfect for Dad’s who like pizza. […]

Mary K says:

Made this tonight after seeing it on RecipeGirl.com. Our 11 yr. old grandson loved it and said it was “brilliant!” An unusual way of describing food, but I totally agree with him. Delicious! And brilliant!

Sarah says:

I’ve been looking for fun recipes to make without a bread maker. This one looks fabulous!