Apr
2011

Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tart

Desserts, Easter, Mother's Day, Reviews | Tags: , , ,

This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Kraft.

Creating recipes with Philadelphia Cream Cheese is one of my favorite things to do.  Sweet, savory and everything in between.  How fun is that?  Today I have developed a simple tart that you’ll have on the table in no time at all.  Cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips are your filling that is inside a gorgeous sweet graham cracker crust.  Sometimes simple is best in my book.

The Real Women of Philadelphia are searching for your best recipes using Philadelphia Cream Cheese and this week is all about desserts.  Get your thinking caps on and create something that will knock those judges socks off :)

While your there, be sure to check out what recipes are being submitted by others.  You can watch videos and check out the forum that will give you all the tips you need.

Visit the Official Site HERE and Visit the BlogHer Round Up Page HERE

Hope you enjoy my tart in the meantime :)

Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tart

9 whole graham crackers, finely ground

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

4 tablespoons melted butter

8 ounces softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup heavy cream

1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9-inch removable bottomed tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place graham crackers, sugar and melted butter into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool for 10 minutes before filling.

3. Place cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and heavy cream into work bowl of stand or electric mixer beating until well combined.  Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, mixing to combine.  Pour into cooked crust, add remaining chocolate chips to top and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before cutting into wedges. If you are in a hurry, you can stick it in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 8 servings

Comments

Graham Cracker Crust, Chocolate, Peanut Butter. Need I say more?

Wow the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips. It’s delicious!

Chelsey says:

Looks delicious! So are the chocolate chips just on top for garnish or are they in the filling as well?

Erin A says:

Looks like Heaven.

I want to take a nap in the middle if that tart!

This looks so delicious! Man you just make my list of things to make longer everyday! I love all of your recipes.

Shelley says:

umm…yumm. I will def. have to try this one. My husband LOVES PB and chocolate. I’m guessing a store bought crust would work as well, right?

Lauren says:

This one’s definitely going on my list of recipes to make!

Oh Jenny, there are no words…I LOVE PB…and cream cheese and graham crackers and brown sugar…this recipe..is beyond!

And the choc chips on top look soooo cute!

Photography is most amazing, as well! But that’s normal for your pics to be amazing looking :)

This looks amazing! Chocolate and peanut butter in tart form, how could you go wrong? Great use of cream cheese:-)

brandi says:

That sounds (and looks) so good and creamy! I bet it’s great with the tang from the cream cheese.

EatLiveRun says:

oh man…I’m drooling over my keyboard! I’m thinking of this tart for lunch..or dinner..or every meal in between.

Megan says:

This looks so good! I don’t see the chocolate chips listed in the recipe though. Are they mixed into the peanut butter filling or just on top? Thanks!

Georgia says:

I printed the recipe and was making this. Fixing to put it in the frig and I thought, “Where are the chocolate chips?” Do we just sprinkle the top or mix some in with the filling? Or is that to taste – a matter of one’s love of chocolate?

Georgia says:

Nevermind, it’s so thin, just sprinling the top is enough. For those who want to just use graham cracker crumbs, 9 crackers measured out to 1 cup.

So creamy and delicious-looking. Love.

Looks like a winning dessert!

Tracy says:

Looks so creamy and delicious!!

This looks so delish! I go through on and offs phasing of obsessing over peanut butter, and you just jump started it again with this post! Thank you for sharing :)
    love, dana

Lovely Food says:

[...] Jenny’s Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tart [...]

[...] Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tart by Picky Palate [...]

crackers says:

Hi there, just became alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate should you continue this in future. Many folks can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Emily says:

This looks delightful! Have you ever baked as if it were a cheesecake?

[...] Make sure you check out my Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Tart that I developed for Kraft! [...]

[…] Preparation Read full directions on Picky Palate […]