Jul
2011

Oreo and Peanut Butter Layered Baby Lattice Pies

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Oh dear, I have no explanation for this dessert.  None at all.  They should actually be illegal, but what the heck I will share the recipe with you anyway :)

Last Sunday night, the boys and I were playing in the kitchen and that’s when these pies were born.  If you follow me on Instagram (pickypalate) you got a sneak peek of them :)

Talk about decadent, cute and wrong!  Lol, I give you my Oreo and Peanut Butter Layered Lattice Pies…..enjoy!

Well, you won’t need a whole lot for the recipe, just some peanut butter, Oreo cookies and some pie crust.  Well a little melted butter and sugar to brush and sprinkle on top too :)

Hello beautiful stack of cookies and peanut butter :)

Cut out little 4-inch rounds from your pie dough, no need for perfection, just eyeball it.

Press those rounds into your muffin pan.

Now, place that little stack right inside the dough.  Easy.

Time for the lattice top.  It really is easy, follow my photos below for simple step by step instructions.

See, that wasn’t so bad :)  Pretty little lattice tops.

Time for a little melted butter then sugar sprinkled on top!

Time to bake em’ at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes, until golden.

Can you even stand it?!  Lol :)

Oreo and Peanut Butter Layered Baby Lattice Pies

Two refrigerated 9 inch pie crusts

16 Oreo Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter

2 tablespoons melted butter

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 8 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.

2. Unroll pie crusts and cut out eight 4-inch rounds. Press into prepared muffin pan.

3. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter over each cookie then stack 2 cookies on top of each other. Place 2 stacked cookies into pie crusts. With remaining pie dough, cut long thin strips to prepare lattice top. Follow photos to make lattice tops or use a flat piece of dough with slits cut on top.

4. Brush melted butter over tops then sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake for 22-26 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool then remove from pan.

Makes 8 pies

___________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon!

Comments

Kathryn says:

The lattice tops are so cute and you make it look so easy! Another inspired idea – I don’t know where you get them from!

Jenny when I saw these pics on your instagram I about had a heart attack b/c I was sooooo excited. Oreos, PB, mini food (always tastes better!), the little lattices…it was just too much :)

So happy to have the recipe and once again, you ALWAYS make the best food/desserts that are EASY and not fussy or complicated…thank you!!!

Apron Appeal says:

You know what I love about your blog?… Your not afraid to let your reader know you, both what’s on the outside and on the INSIDE! ;) I love your cross sections.

You are out of control…. in a good way!

Jill says:

SO creative! It’s funny. I was trying to figure out what to do with some peanut butter and oreos I had in the house yesterday and ended up layering the oreo with peanut butter and then wrapping it in chocolate chip cookie dough – and baking. These are adorable though and super creative. Aren’t oreos just fantastic with peanut butter? Mmm mmmmm.

Evan says:

My head just exploded. In a good way.

Katrina says:

I LOVE this, and you for making it. Yum!!

oh my goodness, how cute are these?! i love the little lattice on top…and the peanut butter and oreo? duh :)

iscribbler says:

Wow! That’s so easy and they look wonderful and complicated! I love them. :) They would make excellent christmas exchange cookies. Thank you!

Mrs. Fish says:

These are adorable! Not to mention tasty too! I love peanut butter and oreos together!

You amaze me with your creations!!!

Wow…these are intense! Yummmmm!

Sues says:

These are ADORABLE! And I can’t believe how simple they look. Way to impress :)

Oh my GOSH these really should be illegal. Mostly because I would eat that entire cupcake tray. Wow.

The only thing that causes me slight distress is that I have no idea how to make pie crust (I’m terrified of it). I wonder if I could fudge this with some premade crescent roll dough or something similar? Hmm…

Clare says:

Oh my goodness are these not the cutest things ever?!! It’s like a little Oreo-peanut butter pie with no calories because it’s so tiny! I want.

jenna says:

youre so creative i bet your kids love your baking experiments!

Okay, those are pretty darn cute. Have your kids put a crown on your head and proclaimed you “Best Mum Ever” yet?

Wow — these are so adorable!!! I can’t even stand it!

Suzy says:

OMG..seriously?! AWESOME!!

Nichol says:

MMM these are beautiful, looks wonderful.

oh jenny how i love you and your creativity with the oreo cookie.
    keep them coming girl!

Kennedy says:

These. Look. Amazing. =)

Seriously you are a genious!

I dont think theres any need for me to say ‘ive never seen anything like this before’ because there truly is nothing like this in the world! This is just ingenious and im yet again speechless about your baking imagination :) wonndderrffulllll!

Lori Lange says:

Cutest little lattice pies ever :)

Those are so cute! People will be impressed with those, lol. Do the Oreos get super soft up or do they retain a little bit of their crunch after it’s baked? These look like fun desserts to make!

Erin says:

Seriously, you need to be locked up! These look amazing.

linda says:

I think it is amazing that you took such simple ingredients and came up with such a decadent looking and sounding dessert!!

Amanda says:

SO cute and dangerous, I’ve got leftover Oreos from the Gooey Cookies n Cream cake bars, they are begging to be used up in this recipe! :)

Those are the cutest things I’ve ever seen! Yummy!

This look amazing! So creative and fun!

These are awesome Jenny!

Elizabeth says:

Um. Why do you hate me so much? These are the cutest, easiest looking little pies ever. And SOOOOO indulgent. But they are bite size! Well…a few bites, so perfect portion control, which means they are totally healthy, right? Right. Awesome. Just totally awesome.

Sara E says:

ok.. these look crazy fabulous… I sooo can’t believe you didn’t save them for your cookbook

alex says:

all I can say is WOW!

I love all of your Oreo cookie recipes, always so creative and of course down right delicious looking. I’m guessing you guys really like oreos huh? :)

misty says:

I am in love. All of my favorite together and so incredibly beautiful. Where do you get all these ideas!?!

MikeVFMK says:

These look amazing. The lattice tops it all of so nicely, too! So indulgent, love it!

Kayla says:

These are insane and just too cute! I am a huge pb lover and I have NEVER even thought of eating Oreos with peanut butter, clearly I need to get on that!

Megan says:

Oh My Word! lol I saw this posting pop up on my facebook feed and I literally said that out loud. Speaking of Oreos, off the subject, but I was just recently at Cold Stone over the weekend and they now have an ice cream flavor called “Oreo Cream”, I kid you not! It was A-Mazing! If your feeling extremely crazy, which you can never have too many Oreos, imagine additional Oreos as your add-in…. Yum!

Jenny these are too cute! Seriously Oreo should pay you for all of the recipes you have created for them! : )

Susan says:

You could probably use Pecan Sandies and butterscotch chips to make a difference variety.

You are an evil genius and I like it! Wow, these sound so amazing!!

Oh my gosh these are adorable! And you’re right, the lattice part does not look that hard. I might make these for my engagement party!!

birdie to be says:

These look & sounds so ridiculously good!

linda says:

awesome! i know what i am baking as swoon as the weather cools!

Sharie T says:

You have inspired the perfect start to many kid friendly receipes just by using ready-made pie crust…lattice pasta bake, lattice chicken bake…lattice tacos :)
    Thanks for the idea…I have to go grocery shopping!!

Kirbie says:

I can’t get over how ridiculously cute these are.

Audra says:

Oh lord. No wonder my pants wouldn’t button this morning. Just looking at these makes my waist expand! And I will now go to the store for more oreos and pie crust.