Jul
2011

Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

I just love summer when the boys and I can bake together regularly.  This is exactly what we did about a week ago, we played in the kitchen and came up with these yummy peanut butter truffle filled banana muffins.

These are simple, kid friendly and peanut buttery delicious.  Please excuse my Instagram fetish, it is so convenient during the summer when time is of the essence with my little stinkers.

Hope you all enjoy!  xoxo

You start with a simple one bowl banana bread recipe and your favorite kitchen helpers :)

Prepare a simple peanut butter truffle mixture and scoop it into the bottom of your 12 cupcake cups.

Top that peanut butter filling with your banana bread batter and bake.

Here’s a glimpse of your muffins right out of the oven.  Wait until you enjoy the aroma!

There’s the ridiculous peanut butter truffle centers :)  Love these :)

Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins

1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar

2 large ripe bananas or 3 small

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup light packed brown sugar

1 large egg

1 cup buttermilk

1 1/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.

2. Place peanut butter and powdered sugar into a medium bowl, mixing until well combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop evenly into the bottom of lined cupcake cups.

3. In a large bowl mash bananas until well mashed. Stir in sugars, egg and buttermilk until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined. Evenly scoop batter over peanut butter truffle filled cups, about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely and serve.

*Note:  After these finished photos I re-worked the banana bread recipe a touch so it was even more moist, so the texture of your muffins may look just slightly different than these photos :)  Never fear, they are incredible!!* xoxo

*Note #2:  You can also choose to place your dollops of peanut butter truffle mix on top of the banana bread batter rather than on the bottom.  Either way is scrumptious, just a slightly different look :)

Makes 12 servings

_____________________________

Have a beautiful rest of your week, see y’all soon :)  Happy Summer!

Comments

Jenny they look sooooo good! I love the combo of PB centers + banana because really, Pb and banana just GO together!

And I love all the IG pics of your boys. “Nashville” is one of my fave filters. I could honestly use that setting/filter for ALL my pics.

And I could seriously take ALL my pics on my iphone lately, I swear. I love my new Canon 5D <–my new lover! but I also love my iphone and IG. No apologies necessary about loving it :)

Been waiting for this recipe since your teaser pics. I love peanut butter and banana!

These look amazing, I am making them asap!

These look so delicious — and I love that you baked with your boys. What a fun time!

Looks like you all had a good time making these! The muffins sound so delicious!!!

this makes eating the muffins bottoms worth it!

Molly Carter says:

Love the cupcake liners! Oh, the peanut butter truffle looks pretty darn good, too. :)

These look super tasty. Glad you are enjoying your summer with your boys, I can’t wait until my little one is big enough to cook with me in the kitchen.

Clare says:

LOVE IT. Peanut butter and bananas are an unbeatable combination :)

f/2.8Momma says:

Post Title typo! But you’re forgiven because these look AHHH-Mazing!!

jenna says:

what a fun way to spend summer days! those are the memories your boys will remember! :)

these muffins sound great! and worthy of being called breakfast! :) YUM!

Wendy says:

These look great… Unfortunately my husband does not like peanut butter – wonder how it would be using Nutella in place of the peanut butter?

Deborah says:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Jenny, you are a genius!!

Two over ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter right now. I know what I’m making when I get home this evening!! They look delish!

Victoria V says:

These look wonderful!! Can’t wait to make them. And I love Instagram as well! It’s so much!

Urban Wife says:

Can’t wait to bake these! I can imagine the taste now…like those PB&B(anana) sandwiches from my childhood. :)

You are going to make a LOT of people happy with this recipe :)

Stephanie says:

I just made these this morning, as soon as I saw this recipe! They are amazing! I love banana muffins (the banana recipe alone is delicious!), but that little pop of peanut butter and powdered sugar in each bite is heaven! I’ve already passed this along to my bff :)

Nicky S says:

I’m definitely going to make this recipe soon, sounds really good.
    Thanks again, for another great recipe!

Also,the one picture with your oldest holding up the bunny ears…he looks so much like you in the picture!

Marty says:

Such a great idea. Could be adapted to so many types of muffins and/or cupcakes. Definitely gonna try this out. Thanks!

I bet those pb centers would be delish inside a chocolate cupcake too!

Im not going to ‘excue’ your instagram fetish, i am going to praise it! I love that style of photography :) I love stuffed anything (stuffed cookie fetish lately) and so a truffle centered muffin is right up my street! Just the word truffle brings on the dreamy eyes, this recipe looks drop dead awesome. Gorgeous :)

Elizabeth says:

You just such a way with delectable treats like these. I’m especially loving all the peanut butter! Who could resist that gooey centre! Yum!

laura beth says:

I was just looking into banana recipes- these look great!

Thanks for sharing this recipe! They look moist and wonderful. I can really never get enough pb + banana!

Jenny, these muffins sound so awesome & I am loving all of those Instagram photos. I am thinking even after the busy summer days we will keep posting these photos. They are so fun!

birdie to be says:

These look amazing! Thank you for the recipe.

Ohhh I need to try these with a chocolate cupcake I think, kinda like a giant, cakey version of a Reese’s peanut butter cup… Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter!!

I love peanut butter and banana. These look amazing. You must have lots of patience to bake with your boys. I try to with my girls, but it always gets so chaotic. I usually save certain steps for them, but I would love to get to the point where they can help me with an entire recipe. Thanks for sharing this!

Robin says:

Peanut Butter Banana Yum!! These look amazing!

Hannah says:

I made these last night. They turned out so well! The ladies at work loved them too! Thanks for sharing :)

val says:

what brand of cupcake liners are those and where did you get them?

Hi Val, I picked up the cupcake liners at the grocery store here in CA, they are by Reynolds (the same company who makes Reynolds Wrap). I have seen them numerous places. Look for the ones with the foil lining. They keep their color and shape perfectly!!

Those look really, really good! Love the adorable pics of you and your boys!

LOVE these Jenny!

Jenny, these sound delicious! I love the pb/banana combo, definitely need to try these!

Yum! I love peanut butter and banana and so do my boys. I know they would just eat these all up!

Elaine says:

Your kids are SO cute! I love the picture of them holding the muffin tray. The muffins also look scrumptious. I really enjoy reading your blog :)

Angela says:

Jenny–
    I have some adorable cupcake liners, but when I use them they tend to just blend right into the cupcake or muffins and you can’t see the cute design. How did you make yours stay so cute and vibrant? Did you put them on after baking?

Hi Angela,
      I just bought those liners right at the grocery store. I’ve even seen them at Target. They have a foil liner which keeps the form and bright colors stay. Love it!

alex says:

love banana bread and peanut butter. thanks for sharing! your boys are adorable

Two of my favorite things are Bananas and peanut butter…combined they become one of my favorite things. So these muffins sound absolutely delicious! :)

Wende says:

I made these and they were awesome! I didn’t have enough regular PB so I also used a dark chocolate PB…yummy! I will making these again because my kids loved them!

Hannah says:

peanut butter and bananas… my two favorites!

[...] Before I move on to lunch, check out the name of this next recipe: Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins. It’s a mouthful, right? If you think it sounds good, wait until you see the photos. You’ll want to get your mouth full of these, like I do. (Picky Palate) [...]

Tanya says:

Made these last night. Super good. I love them. Thank you so much for the yummy recipe. Thinking about adopting the banana bread recipe for when I make banana bread French toast. It has to be the super sweet kind for it to taste best. A huge hit in my house!

Tracy says:

Sounds so sweet!

Amy says:

LOVE this recipe- we always make our banana bread with chocolate chips in it. So we added them to the dough here too- super yummy! Thanks!!!

Hannah says:

I made these and they were amazing!!! great with a huge glass of milk! :)

[...] Butter Banana Bread from Cookies and Cups Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread from How Sweet It Is Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Muffins from Picky [...]