Oct
2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, 2 Ingredients

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Sometimes you just feel like making your own peanut butter cups right?  Well, a few Sundays ago I sure did.  I pulled out some bloc chocolate I’ve had in my pantry, melted it, spooned it into these perfect little paper cups (2 3/4 inch round) I found at Michaels, poured in some softened peanut butter, more chocolate on top, then let them harden.  Boy were they worth the wait.  Fabulous my friends.

This is a no brainer treat, but I wanted to share anyway, perfect for a Sunday…..or any day treat :)  xoxo

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, 2 Ingredients

2 cups chopped chocolate, semi-sweet

1 cup smooth peanut butter, melted in microwave to soften

1. Place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chocolate into each 2 3/4 inch round paper liner spreading to the edges. Spoon about 1 tablespoon slightly melted peanut butter over chocolate, carefully spreading to edges. Spoon another 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate over peanut butter, spreading gently to edges. Let harden completely.

2. Remove from paper liner and enjoy :)  Note:  I found the round paper liners at Michaels in the cake decorating section.

Makes 8 to 10 peanut butter cups

______________________________

Enjoy!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Tricia K. says:

Yum!

Annie says:

Those look great, and so easy to throw together!

Gloria says:

Unbelievable.

This is the Holy Grail of all pb/choc recipes!

I love making homemad PB cups too. I add a tablespoon of nutritional yeast to the peanut butter b/c it gives them sort of that Reese’s PB taste…slightly salty with just a touch of grit/texture. But not an essential item because obviously your PB cups look amazing as is!

Hope you’re having a great weekend, Jenny :) I saw an IG pic that you won something red. Enjoy it!!! :)

A 2-ingredient dessert and it’s not even fruit…what a winner! Thanks!

Kris says:

YUM. Looks so good, and SO EASY! I’ll have to make this with the kids. Thanks!

OH YEAH! You got me craving these and I’m afraid I need to make them asap!:)

Stacey W. says:

My 3 favorite things – chocolate, peanut butter and easy!!!

Marty says:

Simple recipes are my favorite. :)

I love peanut butter cups! Who knew they were so easy to make.

Louise says:

Genius! This is dangerous.

Savorique says:

Incredibly easy yet yummy and healthy sweet snack! PB-chocolate is my favorite combo. But I’m wondering, as you bite into the hardened chocolate, don’t you squeeze the soft PB out of the sandwich? :p

Love this simple idea! The photo is terrific…and makes me want a peanut butter cup right now!

so easy and they look delicious!!

Sometimes you just need a chocolate peanut butter fix. No good can come from me thinking I can make my own peanut butter cups. No good, I tell ya’! Those look delicious!