Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Nov
2011

Peanut Butter Reeses Pieces Giant Cookie….for One.

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Ever needed a recipe to bake just one cookie for yourself someone without having to make a full or even half batch?  Well I happen to get that urge occasionally and have wanted to develop a recipe for ONE giant cookie for a while now.  I love how it turned out and love that you can whip up the cookie dough in less than 5 minutes, how fun is that?!

I used Reeses Pieces and Goobers (chocolate covered peanuts) inside my cookies but any of your favorite candy works just fine.

Here’s the little recipe ingredient line up!

You don’t even need your mixer for this cookie dough , just you and your mixing bowl :)

Add your butter and sugars to the bowl.

Time to whisk until well combined.

Like so.

When you read my recipe below, you will see you use 2 tablespoons beaten egg.  Give one large egg a whisk then you can measure it out.

Beaten egg, ready to measure out.

Pour your 2 tablespoons into the bowl.

Add a little vanilla then mix, mix, mix :)

Time for 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter.  Add it to your bowl and mix to combine.

Almost done….Add your flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients.

Love the way the light hit the flour here :)

Mix half way then add your candy pieces.

I used these little morsels of deliciousness.

Add them right to your dough.  Only about 1/4 cup each.

Mix until you get a fabulous dough.

Ahhhh, like this.

Take a massive cookie scoop or large spoon and transfer it to a parchment lined baking sheet.

How sweet!  Time to bake….350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes.

Right out of the oven.

Can’t wait for you to try this one!  Enjoy.

Look at the inside of this baby!!  Enjoy:)

Peanut Butter Reeses Pieces Giant Cookie for One

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons beaten egg

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 cup Reeses Pieces

1/4 cup chocolate covered peanuts (or chocolate chips work great too)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Stir in peanut butter then add flour, soda and salt. Mix for a couple turns of the spoon then add the Reeses pieces and peanuts until combined. Scoop onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk and yourself!

Makes 1 giant serving (or 4 regular size if you wanna share)

________________________________

Hope you enjoy!  Come back soon :)

Comments

I love that it’s a giant cookie. And that it’s all for one :) Nice!

Reeses pieces AND Goobers..even better. Awesome job, Jenny!

Jessica says:

Jenny, will you marry me? <3

yep, it’s official…i’m in big big trouble with this recipe!

Larissa says:

Thank you! Can you adapt this for chocolate chip? Without the peanut butter, what would you use instead? More butter?
    I also have another question – in the photos where you have the chunk of butter in the bowl, it looks like some of the butter has melted. Do you microwave it for a few seconds to soften it or was your bowl hot?
    Need to try this soon.

Hi Larissa, I’d have to write you a whole new recipe. It would be completely different for chocolate chip. I will work on one and post in in the near future :)

Rylie says:

Genius! Cannot wait to try this! :)

Deborah says:

This is dangerous. Very, very dangerous!!

This looks great, I love the idea of a giant cookie! Especially if I can keep it all for myself :)

I love giant cookies! No sharing involved:)

jenna says:

what a cute idea. my family would go nuts for these giant cookies. i love that it only makes one! perfect. none left for mommy-nibbling!

Heahter Bell says:

That looks wickedly awesome!

This combines the three best things ever: Peanuts, peanuts, and peanuts.
    And cookie dough. <3333

Sue says:

What a nice, substantial cookie! Love it! And I can say truthfully that I only ate ONE cookie:)

Mmmmmm! Looks like the perfect cookie for two! (Or one….)

Fallon says:

I would not share this cookie with no one. All for me!!! The inside looks amazing, I’m making this cookie when I REALLLY want a cookie!

Sara says:

Ha! Perfect! I love that you serve it with a fork and knife. That’s my kind of lunch!!

Erin says:

Perfect!! Nothing beats a big soft cookie.

Trisha says:

BRILLIANT!!!

Yeah, I’d eat this whole thing myself! Yum!

Yummy! I’m not a big fan of the outside edge of the cookie, so I like making huge cookies too so there’s more middle for me! :)

Valerie says:

I love this. Goobers are my fav movie treat. Also love RP & PB. Gonna have to try it. What if I want a while batch? Just time by 5 or so?

This is genius!
    I always just want one cookies, but end up making the whole batch. While too many cookies is never a bad thing…it is when they all end up in my tummy!
    I’ll definitely be using these, maybe even tweaking it to fit my favorite cookie recipe!!

Such a fun recipe. I’m drooling at the thought of sitting down to this cookie. All. By. My. Self. ;)

Sandra says:

Perfect portion control.

Kay says:

This is so cute and looks delicious!

Did you know that Reese’s sells its peanut butter in jars? Best peanut butter out there, and pretty natural/goof for you, too!

I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

Heather

Tami says:

Trying making your own peanut butter, if you have a food processor it’s very easy! 4 cups of dry roasts peanuts and give it a swirl floor a few minutes

cookie (check) peanut butter over load (check – check – check) and… ALL FOR ME?!?! :) I couldn’t be happier!!

I hardly ever make giant cookies but they are so fun plus, less work! This would make a fun game night treat!

Reece’s Pieces are my favorite. I would for sure not be sharing this. I want one now!!

Have I mentioned you’re my new favorite person EVER? God, I so need this after a Monday. You should get a trophy. Can we arrange that?

Monica says:

SO delicious! Your rock =D

YUM! I want to make this for myself right NOW!

I just made this tonight and it was delicious! Split it into 4 pieces and shared…although I could have eaten the whole thing!

Allie Q says:

Made this today. Reese’s pieces and mini semi chocolate chips. Shared it with my two girls we loved it. Will make this again and again.

GIANT. The size all cookies should be. LOVE that you always take it to the best levels! xo

Yum! My favorite photo is of the scoop of cookie dough! Just a few inches closer to me and I could take a bite of those yummy Reese’s Pieces!!!

Chocolate and Peanut Butter! THE best combo IMHO!!!

Savorique says:

I was going to ask the same question: can we follow the same recipe but put chocolate chips instead of Reeses pieces? ;)
    PB-chocolate combo is my fav!

Jo F. says:

That is just…awesome!

This looks perfect for the Mr and I to share! I love the idea of not having to make a whole batch just to enjoy some homemade goodness!

K says:

i can hear my skinny jeans whimpering in my closet as i read this

You are the queen of ridiculously stuffed, indulgent cookies! This looks like a good one.

Natasha D. says:

Ohh, man this looks so good!

MikeVFMK says:

That’s what I’m taking about! Forgot those tiny cookies small enough to fit in a glass for dipping. A cookie that size of a plate, almost a pie cookie. Now that’s the ticket. Love the extras inside this monster cookie. It looks so good, Jenny!

Wow! Thats one serious cookie. Im totally obsesses with anything Reeses so am drooling on my keyboard as I type lol

Anna says:

Amazing idea!

Wow….great site! That’s a delicious looking cookie! I love cookies with lots of stuff in them.

Nettie Moore says:

YUM! What a perfect cookie- love your tutorial, I have never had a goober candy, but I am married to a Goober- JK- that’s what I call him sometime, didn’t know there was a candy…have to get it for stocking stuffers!