Jan
2012

Malted Banana Bread Biscoff Muffins

Tags: , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

I love these muffins for so many reasons.  The most important reason is they really are soft, sweet and delicious.  Another reason I love these beauties is that there is no butter or oil!  ……so you know, a little less guilt when you are munching :)

Take a look, they are incredibly easy too…one bowl baby!

Be sure to check out my new Ziploc project I am working on, it’s going to be so fun!

A little flour and sugar.

Oh, yah time for the Malted milk powder.

A little baking powder.

Add your baking powder and salt.

Mash 2 ripe bananas and add them to your bowl.

Love!

Oh heaven help me around Biscoff!

Add your Biscoff right to the bowl.

Fabulous buttermilk.

One egg.

Give a good mix and you are ready to go!

Line your muffin cups with 12 liners.  Loving these cute liners from Sweets Treats Boutique!

Fill your cups 3/4 full and bake!!

Perfection!

Enjoy my friends!  xoxo

Malted Banana Bread Biscoff Muffins

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup Malted Milk powder by Carnation

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed, about 1 1/4 cups

1/4 cup biscoff spread

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 large egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

2. In a large bowl add all ingredients, mixing until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until baked through. Let cool completely. Serve with milk….hot chocolate….or whatever you like :) Enjoy!

Makes 12 muffins

_____________________________

Be sure to check out the debut of the new Ziploc Fresh Over Project I am apart of before you go!  xoxo

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny these look so good and I’ve never cooked with malt powder. Reminds me of my grandma though…and banana bread, too. These would be like my childhood baking with my grandma..all in one.

Love that you used Biscoff spread, too. TJ’s is having a nationwide cookie butter shortage/outage so better hold the Biscoff even tighter b/c cookie butter spreads are hard to come by right now :)

That is it. I’m totally trying the Biscoff spread thanks to you and Maria’s recipes with it. Damn these look good and I have two very, very brown bananas that need a home—in the oven.

cigdem says:

What a beutiful muffins :) love it.))

Kathryn says:

Quite apart from how amazing these muffins look, I absolutely am in love with your muffin cases. They’re the best!

Marisa says:

Hmm… they look delicious, and no butter and oil! I live in the Netherlands and we do have Biscoff-spread. Here it is called ‘Speculoos pasta’. It is so good! But I think they don’t sell malted milk powder in our grocery stores. Is there a substitude?
    Normally I don’t comment on any recipes, but I really love your blog.

linda says:

looks really delicious!
    if i swapped some of white flour for whole wheat (3/4 cup) would that compromise the recipe?
    thanks!!

i’m drooooooooling…i love banana muffins!

These are definitely going on my must make list!

No oil or butter? LOVE this!!

Margie says:

These look YUMMY….I’ve never seen Biscoff in the store were do I find it? Is it like a peanut butter?

Hi Margie,
      Check your grocery stores for Biscoff, you’ll probably have to ask, it’s in random places in every store. It has the consistency of peanut butter but tastes like cinnamon and brown sugar. Graham cracker like. It’s fabulous over pancakes and waffles.

Claudia says:

Fresh & Easy and World Market carry Biscoff. Those of you who live in CA and can access the commissary .. March ARB carries them too.

Katie Dayton says:

I found a website that says where you can get biscoff http://www.biscoff.com/DirectionsWEB/webcart_static.php?file=static_retail.html.
    It says world market, which are all over CA.
    I also am curious about whole wheat flour in this.

Jessica says:

A.MAZE.ING.
    Unfortunately here in my tiny little corner of the world, Biscoff spread does not exsist. I have a teeny jar from my sister when she went to Sand Fransisco, but it is almost gone, and I can’t bear to finish it up in one recipe. These WILL be made as soon as I can get my paws on some more!! Thanks Jenny!!

Hi Jessica,
      Bummer that you can’t get Biscoff in your area, my grocery store just barely started selling it. I had to order it from Amazon before that.

leslie says:

Hmmm, I just bought some Malted Milk powder yesterday!!! SCORE

My mouth is watering. LOVE Biscoff!

Seriously, the blogging world is going nuts for biscoff! I’m late to the game and need to get some (don’t tell anyone what a slacker I am!). These look amazing.

Cassie says:

I have some overripe bananas and some Biscoff. Sounds like I’m doing some baking tonight. These look incredibly moist!

Oh those look fantastic! I’m stuck on bedrest and have been craving muffins! :D

Pamela Washington says:

So, can you provide ww points or specs so I can work one of these babies into my plan? Just askin.

I really have to get my hands on some of that biscoff spread do I can make all these yummy treats you are coming up with!

Rachel says:

These look very good but could you still taste the Biscoff with the bananas in there?

Marty says:

Love the interesting combination of flavors. Anything with super ripe bananas is good with me :)

Megan says:

AWESOME as always!!! Love the black and white cupcake/muffin liners.

Deborah says:

I could eat muffins every morning and be happy. You can bet that these will be making an appearance on my table!!

JulieD says:

Wow, the flavors in these muffins are perfect! I’m definitely going to have to try these!

These muffins seem to have it all! I’ve never thought of combing malted milk powder & bananas, but now that you’ve done it I’m craving that combination! Can’t wait to give this recipe a try :)

OK, I know someone else already asked, but is Biscoff like P.B.? It looks like it. If it is, thank God I’ve never seen it on the shelves at my grocery store. I’d probably be addicted! These look dee-lish.

Tickled Red says:

Oh my goodness! I’m making these for brunch one day soon!

Those look great! Love the cupcake liners – I just used the Zebra ones yesterday and I’m going to have to get those darling checkered ones!

sara says:

These look incredible! So yummy – what a delicious treat! :)

Jennifer | Mother Thyme says:

I see what I am going to be whipping up this week! These look delicious! I finally got my hands on some Biscoff spread just a few weeks ago. That stuff is amazing I could eat it with just a spoon. I can’t wait to try these yummy muffins. I love it combined with bananas which I always have. Great recipe! :)

Chrissy says:

Could you bake this in a loaf pan instead of muffins???

Jacks says:

I made these Saturday morning for breakfast and they were delicious! Since my husband and I couldn’t eat the entire dozen ourselves in one sitting, they were great the next morning with a bit of extra Biscoff spread on top. :) Thanks for a great recipe!!

Grishma says:

soooo good!! I have been thinking of trying Biscoff but now it’s the time I guess!!

Dena says:

This is a nice moist very mild flavor banana muffin that rises very nicely. I like that it didn’t have oil or butter, but was hopeing for something more remarkable. I could not taste the biscoff spread in the muffins.

Ana says:

I wouldn’t get too excited that the dough has no butter or oil….there’s plenty of fat in the spekuloos spread. :) Sorry to burst your bubble. Those muffins do look good though.

I enjoy the way you have presented this issue

patty says:

These were no very sweet – I think I would have to add more sugar. It gave us a good opportunity to eat them with Biscoff spread slathered all over them, however!

ivy says:

is there any substitute for biscoff? i am dying to make this recipe now and have no time to get the biscoff. nut butter?

Jenn Eils says:

Will this work in a loaf pan instead of muffins? How much longer should I cook them?

Donna says:

These sound absolutely delicious and I’m sure I would love them because I love everything bannana…..but my husband doesn’t…:( I was wondering if it would be possible to substitute homemade applesauce for the smashed bannanas….I’m just not sure how much applesauce because I know the applesauce would have a much higher moisture content. Any suggestions? Thanks

Deirdre says:

If I didn’t want to use the Biscoff spread, would I need to add in oil? If so, how much?

Thanks so much!