Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Mar
2012

Double Cookies and Cream Kiss Cookie Bars

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

I have a slight addiction with Hershey’s Kisses.  Whenever I see a new flavor I have to have it and create something fabulous with it!  When I saw a bag of cookies and cream kisses at Target last week, I about died!  How perfect to make a fun treat!

These do not disappoint my friends, they are buttery crisp on the outside and chewy chocolaty on the inside.  It’s so fun to see the kisses hidden inside each square!  Enjoy :)

Here’s your line up.  Pretty simple basic cookie ingredients.

You can totally do this in the stand mixer, or as I did in one bowl.

Cream your butter and sugars as usual.

Add your egg.

Add your vanilla.

Time for your dry ingredients!

I chose to use mini chocolate chips for these bars, but use whatever you’d like.

Break out the Oreos or Trader Joes Joe Joe’s :)

Break them into bite size pieces and add them to the dough.

Give a good mix and take a taste :)

Take 1/3 of the dough and press it into the bottom of the pan.

Time for the Cookies and Cream Kisses!  Love the blue wrapper.

Little bits of cookie in each bite.

Start lining up the kisses!

Top the kisses with the rest of the dough.

Now, gently press.

Time for the oven!  They’ll come out nice and golden :)

The outcome…..pure heaven.  Can’t wait for you to try these!

Double Cookies and Cream Kiss Cookie Bars

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 cup mini chocolate chips

12 Oreo Cookies, broken up

25 Cookies and Cream Hershey’s Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray.

2. Place butter and sugars into a large bowl, stir to combine, at least 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips and oreo cookie pieces, stirring to combine. Press 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of prepared baking pan. Top with 5 rows of Hershey’s Kisses 5 per row. Top with remaining dough and gently press. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes, cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12-16 bars

_____________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

They look so good…I love finding new baking/candy products. It excites me to see what I can make with the new find. Those Kisses sound perfect.

Kathryn says:

I need to get hold of some of those kisses!

Georgiana says:

Those look amazing! Get.in.my.mouth, please, cookie bars.
    A little off topic, but what is the name of the nail varnish you’re wearing here? It’s so beautiful.

Sibylle says:

wow! they look so yummy!!!

Geez, another amazing recipe! I wish I was your neighbor – I would gladly mow your lawn, clean out your garage, mulch the yard, whatever, for just a few leftovers of these.

I read the title of this post and I had a mini freak out. I was so happy when they came out with cookies n cream kisses, and this recipe is a very creative use for them. Smother them in cookie dough! Why didn’t I think of that?! Thanks for the recipe!

I always can count on you to make me drool this early!

These are just gorgeous!! I’ll take four!! Or a dozen. Whatevs.

Jennifer says:

I MUST try these cookies n cream kisses!

Megan Lawing says:

These look amazing! Pinned and WILL make!

Love those kisses and I am sure they are better in these bars!

Jessica J says:

Why, oh why, do you keep posting these DELICIOUS looking treat recipes? Now I must go to the store to get Oreo’s and Hershey’s Kisses because I want these. Like NOW! :)

i need these in my life…holy goodness!

What a wonderful and delicious way to use these Kisses!! :)

Deborah says:

What a perfect way to use those kisses. They look awesome!!

And every time I see a new hershey kiss flavor at the grocery store I think “I wonder what Jenny will come up with for these…” :)

Nicole says:

These look amazing!! Gave chocolate up for lent but you better believe when I can eat it again I’m making these!!! :)

Cassie says:

I’ve never had a Hershey Kiss addiction but I can see myself developing one. These look amazing!

Lauren says:

Ok, someone asked the same question that I was going to ask–what color is that nail polish?? It’s SOO cute! Such a springy color! I’ll have to look out for that Cajun Shrimp!

I’m speechless. SO awesome!

Pamela says:

These look amazing! I’m afraid if I made them I’d eat the whole batch! I pinned the recipe for later though…maybe this weekend! :)

These bars sound great! I love that you put so many different treats into them.

RecipeChase says:

Triple sweet! This brings some good childhood memories:) Great photography!

Amazing way to use those kisses!

Amanda says:

Oh my goodness girl, those cookie bars look incredible!! Kevin would die for these, he LOVES cookies and cream :)

Making these next week for church dinner, but I might need to make a test batch tonight ;)

Yum! I love anything Trader Joe! The kisses look so cute all lined up! Thank you for the sweet recipe! :)

I really do not know how you continue to create such amazing recipes…but I am sure glad that you do. :)

You’re killing me here. First the Oreo-stuffed cc cookies and now these! Making these, too. Thanks!

Jessica says:

I had to make these! I was so excited to find the cookies and cream kisses. I have never seen them before. The bars tuned out AMAZING! Wonderful work here lady!

Nicole says:

Those look too good to be true! I love the pairing of the kisses with the OREOS.
    Simply sinful and indulgent. Thanks!!

Amazing combination! Love it!

Erin says:

I’m so hungry right now these would be dinner.

love this!! i love all your creative ideas and these would go so fast in my house!

jenna says:

oh my these look heavenly!

My mouth is watering. I will be making these this weekend. Thanks so much for these wonderful bars.

Speechless! Going to have to make these very soon. First I need to get my hands on those kisses, and not eat them all first :)

Jenny- these look INCREDIBLE! they remind me of your peppermint patty surprise cookie bars. (i made those and posted them on my blog and they are my #1 most popular recipe to date!!) I can’t wait to make these, i’m literally going to the store tomorrow to buy these hershey kisses!

I think I gained weight by reading your post. SOOO Decadent. I’ll have to try them soon! :)

this looks soooooooooo so so good. omg, where do you come up with this stuff. you’re so talented. you had me at the oreos!

This takes cookies to a new level WOWOWOW

The “buttery crisp on the outside & chewy chocolate on the inside” pretty much sold me!

These look so good! Love those cookies and cream kisses :)

Hundewanderer says:

Did you know they have Hershey kisses with macadamia nuts? They’re only sold in Hawaii — aloha!

Wow love these brownies with the cookies n cream Hershey’s kisses! Yum!

[...] are a few things I have bookmarked this week: Double Cookies and Cream Kiss Cookie Bars by Picky Palate – WOW!  These will be made very soon! Confetti Cupcakes by Leanne Bakes [...]

You never seize to amaze me, these look absolutely delicious!

Lindsey says:

This is the perfect recipe for cookies n’ cream kisses. I added a few of the Hershey’s cookies n’ cream drops to fill in some gaps… as if this recipe needed more sweetness :) Anyway. Thanks for the great ideas.

Sarah says:

I couldn’t find the Hershey’s Kisses so I used the Cookies and Creme candies bars!! Yummy!!

Liz says:

Wow, these bars look amazing!! Must put them on my baking list~