Apr
2012

Hot Ham and Cheese Butter Dijon Skillet Sandwiches

Tags: , , , , ,

Dinner

Oooo baby wait until you sink your teeth into these hot cheesy skillet sandwiches!  I love breaking out my rustic cast iron skillet for this simple recipe.  They are buttery, cheesy and Dijon delicious.  Whip out those skillets and enjoy some hot sammy’s!

Start with some nice soft rolls.  6 to be exact :)

Butter the first half of the rolls.

Drizzle a little oil in your skillet.

Place your buttered bottom rolls butter side up in the skillet.

Top with some cheddar cheese!

A little piece of ham.

A little piece of turkey or more ham if you’d rather :)

Butter the top rolls.

Place them ever so nicely over top.

Top with some Dijon Mustard.

If you like it a little spicy add even more than you see here.  A nice Italian Dressing would also be delicious!

Time for the cheese!

Put as little or as much as your heart desires.

My heart desires….a lot :)

Ok, ready for the oven!

Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.

Now we’re talking!

Grab a couple sammy’s and enjoy!

Hot Ham and Cheese Butter Dijon Skillet Sandwiches

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

6 soft dinner size rolls, split

4 tablespoons melted butter

3 slices cheddar cheese, cut in half

3 slices sliced ham, cut in half

3 slices sliced turkey, cut in half

2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard

1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and drizzle 9 inch cast iron skillet with olive oil.

2. Brush bottom 6 rolls generously with half of the melted butter and place buttered side up in skillet. They’ll fit snugly.

3. Top each roll with a half piece of cheddar cheese, ham and turkey slice. Butter top 6 rolls and close sandwiches.

4. Brush tops of rolls with Dijon Mustard and top with shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and turning golden. Remove and enjoy!

Makes 6 small sandwiches

___________________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Sort of like grilled cheese sandwiches, kicked up a notch. And boy, do I ever love a melty grilled cheese!

Mmmm… this sounds DELICIOUS!! It’s a fun spin on grilled cheese, I like it!

Priyanka says:

Sounds cheesy and delicious.

ohhhh mmmyyy yummm!! You had me with those pillow-like looking buns :) I know these will be happening very very very soon.

I love a warm sammy! Perfect Jenny!

Extra cheese and ham please!! Love the sammies :)

Yummy! Love this fun and simple recipe!

Great idea Jenny! Thanks for sharing, this would be a quick and easy lunchtime meal that both kids and adults could enjoy!

Love these little sandwiches! Perfect for lunch!

patsy says:

I love that the cheese is melted ON TOP! Total yum!

Sold! I’ll have to sub out the dijon b/c hubby won’t touch it but yeah, totally making these!

Lauren says:

Easy and delicious! I have lots of leftover ham, so I’ll be having this for lunch! Yum!

Perfect way to use my leftover ham!

yum! i love easy and delicious meals such as this! i love your nail color, btw ;)

What amazingly wonderful little sandwiches. My littles will love these.

I looove warm, melty sandwiches!

Angelyn says:

Ohhh, boy! This looks so delicious!!

Ooh, love the idea of the extra cheese on top! I’m not sure I would have thought to do it that way. We love cheese at our house, so I’m sure this sandwich would be a huge hit!!

Yum! What a great use for all the leftover ham I have!

Eric Shackle says:

Greetings from Sydney, Australia.
    You may like to read or copy a story I’ve written about sandwiches in my blog;
    Nimblenoms.blogspot.com

Best wishes, Eric Shackle, retired Sydney journalist.

Mmmm…my mouth is watering looking at these sandwiches!

“Miam, miam!” said my toddler while i was reading this post… (miam means yummy in French!). I’ll try this soon! Have a nice day
    x

sarah says:

these look soooo yummy! we got a new skillet last weekend, and i’m thinking this will be a perfect way to break it in! :)

Such an awesome little snack! These look fantastic! They would have been great to serve to my guy friends during football season, haha.

I love your skillet sandwiches. What a great idea with the dijon cheesy tops.

OMG, these have good to be so deliciously healthy (he-he, see the devilish grin on my face). Well, we could use whole grain rolls, low-fat cheese and deli turkey and skip the butter. Oh heck, what am saying! Your way is the fun and tasty way!

Erin says:

Definitely a great way to use up some leftover ham

Sues says:

This is my kind of sandwich! And I’m seriously loving the extra cheese on top :)

teresa says:

Love the simplicity of your recipes Jenny!
    Down to earth and YUMMY!
    These look scrumptious!
    Can’t wait for the cookbook!
    xo

Abbe says:

looks delicious, and i love your nail polish!

Synz says:

How come this food makes me hungry??? :) I super duper love cheese, this makes me wanna eat sandwich right now.

That looks fab. Cheese, dijon and ham … what else could you ask for?

Hey there :) Just wante to say howmuch I enjoy this blog – the step by step photos are beautiful and helpful, the recipes are great, make my mouth water all the time! Thank you :)

Ann says:

I love this recipe! Made it for Super Bowl for me and my sweetie. Used American Cheese and Honey Mustard instead of the Cheddar and Dijon as those aren’t our favs like the honey mustard is.

Thanks for the great recipe!

optionxp says:

optionxp offers a workout with regard to rookie investors, from the training program you can
    learn how to employ specialized chart, the particular optionxp, solution builder, normally the one touch optionxp and
    much more. optionxp enable you to exceed, whilst solely building a smaller investment.
    The net profit along with any type of enterprise you get into is usually that
    it ought to undoubtedly steer anyone when it comes
    to an appropriate old age later on. Still, optionxp are
    essentially the most basic ventures you are going to ever before knowledge.