Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Apr
2012

Rolo S’mores Skillet Monkey Bread

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

I fully admit that I have sampled my fair share of desserts of all kinds.  It’s one of my favorite parts of being a food blogger.  With as many desserts that I have tried, this recipe creation blew my mind!  This ooey gooey s’mores style monkey bread will go down in history in our house and I will be making it time and time again.

So excited for you to try it!  Please come back and let me know how that first bite was :)

Here’s your line up.  I used Pillsbury’s Simply French Bread dough.  It worked fabulously here.  Also, don’t fret if you can’t find these mini rolos.  Regular sized ones work just fine cut in half.

Start by cutting that beautiful dough into about 8-10 slices.

Cut each round into 4 pieces.

Break out your grahams!

Crush them nice and fine.  You can use your food processor or crush them with a rolling pin with the grahams placed inside a Ziploc.

Place all of your dough pieces into a large Ziploc then pour in the melted butter.  Mix around to coat.

Pour in your sugar and crushed graham crackers, mixing around to coat.

5 more tablespoons of butter into your cast iron skillet.

Place your coated bread pieces into your buttered skillet.  Looks kinda like chicken nuggets huh?   Lol!

Top with some mini marshmallows.  Press them down into the bread slightly.

Here’s that cute bag of minis!  Love them, found them at Target.

Top with those minis.

Press down slightly then time to bake!!

Look how beautiful!

Spoon warm monkey bread onto your favorite little plate and be prepared to swoon!  Warm buttery s’mores bread pieces!  Heaven!

If you are crazy like me, drizzle with a simple sweet glaze.  Totally worth it!

Rolo S’mores Skillet Monkey Bread

1 Roll Simply French Bread Loaf (dough)

3 tablespoons melted butter

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers

5 tablespoons melted butter

1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

1 1/2 cups mini Rolos (or regular Rolos, cut in half)

Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar

2-3 tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Cut loaf of bread dough into about 8-10 pieces. Cut each round into 4 pieces. Put cut pieces into a large zip top bag. Pour in 3 tablespoons melted butter and swoosh around. Don’t worry if bread pieces stick together. Pour in sugar and graham crackers. Zip bag closed and swoosh around bag, massaging bread into sugar and graham crackers. Pieces will stick together a little.

3. Pour 5 tablespoons melted butter into a 9 inch cast iron skillet swirling around to coat bottom of pan evenly. Break apart coated bread pieces with your fingers and place evenly in buttered skillet. Top with marshmallows and mini Rolos pressing into the bread. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan before serving.

4. If desired whisk powdered sugar and cream until smooth and creamy then drizzle over monkey bread.

Makes 6 servings

______________________________

Have a great day, come back soon!

Comments

Jenny this is heavenly! Those buttery s’mores bread pieces and then the glaze and Rolo candies are one of my faves…and that you made it in a skillet, so clever. I love everything about this recipe!

june says:

so delicious! it stir my appetite!I want learn it.

Holy Monkey!!! This looks incredible Jenny! :D Yummm!

This is insane and amazing!

As always amazing. I want this for breakfast…..

Oh my gosh! Rolo is one of my FAVORITE types of candy and your pictures just made my mouth water soooooo bad! This recipe is incredible, I’ve never seen anything like it before. Thanks!!

Speechless! SO funny too because I made Monkey Bread yesterday for the blog today. There were no Rolo’s involved, though…sigh.

This looks amazing! I was wondering what you were making since I saw the picture on instagram! I love that you made it in a skillet! :)

Cassie says:

Oh my gosh, Jenny, how do you do this?! You amaze me every time with your creativity. This is killing me in such a good way!

I can hardly believe what I’m seeing!! Why hasn’t someone made this for my breakfast yet??

Amanda says:

Oh my word, my jaw is dropping! I picked up a bag of those mini Rolos the other day, now I know what I’m going to do with them! (Besides eat them all in one sitting) :)

Oh. my. goodness. gracious. AMAZING!!!!

woah..what a creation you’ve made!! this looks amazing!!!

Wow oh wow! I love those mini Rolos! Great dessert Jenny!

This looks amazing! And, I so wish that it was an acceptable breakfast…:)

Is this even real life?! Trying to figure out if I could pass this off as a breakfast dish…

Brenda says:

What size CI skillet did you use to make this?

Oh my. This has the cottage and summer written all over it. I can’t wait to make this!

Liz says:

Woah! this looks incredible!

Lauren says:

I think I just died.

Méva says:

Oh my God! This look sooo delicious!!

Pam says:

Oh my gosh! This is going to be a huge hit in our house! We are s’mores fans! Can’t wait to give it a try!

Kim says:

I am SO BUMMED I won’t be home this weekend to bake this. I will have to anxiously wait until next weekend! I can’t wait!

Oh my! I love monkey bread and this just looks so over the top delicious! I do love that it is in a skillet so it won’t make as much as my normal recipe… I end up eating way too much.

SM Edens says:

Are you “baking” these on the stove top??? Do the rolls get done ? or if it is in the oven, what is the temp ?

Jenn says:

I seriously just drooled… My daughter caught me! I was reading/dreaming about your wonderful creation… and my four year old said “Hey Mom! You’re zoning out!!…and you just drooled on yourself!” I turned my laptop around to show her the picture and she said “We GOTTA make that TODAY! It looks so gooey!”..Thanks in advance for this irresistible recipe!!!

Niki says:

OMG, this looks insane! My son just asked me this morning “Mom what is Monkey Bread” so…guess what is getting added to this weekends must try list!

[...] I fully admit that I have sampled my fair share of desserts of all kinds. It’s one of my favorite parts of being a food blogger. With as many desserts that I have tried, this recipe creation blew my mind! Rolo S’mores Skillet Monkey Bread | Picky Palate [...]

Lynna H says:

D: what a wonderful creation!

Jeanette says:

wowsers!!! this looks so, so amazing! do you think a regular (non stick) skillet would work? if not, going to buy a cast iron just for this. thanks for sharing!

Jeanette says:

ok…just kidding….need to read more closely. wouldn’t put regular skillet in oven….getting cast iron :)

marla says:

I want this now!!! :) Can you send me directions to your house so I can come over to help you eat this? This looks just WONDERFUL!

That looks so gooey and delish. My kids would love it, and so would I! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Caroline

These monkey bread bites look so yummy. I am going to have to try it this weekend. I too am loving the rolo minis, and the reese peanut butterncup minis.

Colleen Murray says:

I just bought these mini rolo’s last night at Walmart. This is the perfect thing to make, thanks for this recipe and ALL of your other great recipes!!

Deborah says:

You have seriously outdone yourself this time, Jenny!! Yum!

Angie says:

I love skillet monkey breads, and this is by far the best one ever!

Oh my word! Do I need to say anything else? ;)

Anna says:

Went out and bought the few things I needed; even borrowing the skillet from a friend, and I’m making tomorrow or Sunday!! Can’t wait!!!

[...] Rolo S’mores Skillet Monkey Bread (Picky Pallet): Monkey bread is on this year’s baking to-do list. This one looks perfectly over the top =) Share this: Pin ItEmailPrintMoreLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

Alex Hamman says:

I made this tonight with biscuits and caramel instead of the counterparts you used. It was good! I love smores, and the caramel makes it even yummier! Thanks for this!

Btw made it a single serve in a mason jar =)

Jennifer says:

I dont have a cast iron skillet? Could you maybe use a pampered chef bunt pan?

Tanya says:

Wow. Wow. Wow. Those look so amazing and bad for you and delicious and wonderful. I must try them soon! Thanks for sharing!

Anna says:

I have made this twice and we JUST LOVE IT!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for such a delicious and creative treat!!!!

Pat Watters says:

I made this for a school breakfast and was lucky to get a bite! Everyone raved and even the guys asked for the recipe to give their wives !! Made the kitchen smell fantastic too, as it was baking!

Vannessa says:

Can I use something other than a cast iron skillet? I don’t have one of those. (must put on the “to-buy” list) Is this something I could do in a regular baking dish? (i have glass and metal)

julie yacos says:

The boys and I made this. Looked lovely going in, looked terrible coming out. Was extremely tasty. Not sure why the caramel from the Rolos stuck to the cast iron pan. Maybe over heated. If you don’t scoop it all out when its hot, the caramel sticks like no ones business. I had to fill the cast iron pan with water and boil the caramel till soft to get the pan clean. We decided it was too much work for clean up. We may retry using Reese’s Peanut butter cups. Great fun for the boys to help with.