Jun
2012

Oatmeal Butterscotch Caramel Cookies

Tags: , , , ,

Cookies

How fast is this week going?!  Loving it.  Let’s celebrate it being almost Friday with my newest cookie, shall we?  I found this beautiful jar of dulce de leche caramel sauce from Argentina at the grocery store last week that I couldn’t wait to add to a cookie.

I must say these cookies were incredible right out of the oven, but I think my favorite was when I stuck a couple in the refrigerator.  They got perfectly chewy and I could hardly keep my hands out of them.

Here’s your basic line up of ingredients and that beautiful jar of dulce de leche I found.  Use any caramel sauce you prefer or even make your own.  I have a recipe here if you’d like to use this one :)

I love oatmeal cookies, especially with butterscotch and caramel :)

Add your butter and sugars to your stand mixer.

Cream away!

Thanks to my little stinker for helping dump the eggs in :)

Here’s a closer look at that caramel sauce I was telling you about.  It’s by La Salamandra and it’s so dreamy.  Worth every penny.  Like I said earlier, you can certainly use your favorite caramel sauce as a substitute.

Perfection.

Add those dry ingredients to the mix.

…..and those butterscotch chips.

Sneak one or two if you’re crazy :)

Yes, it’s done!

My little helper earned a good lick or two.

On the cookie sheet they go and into the oven.

Here they are, perfectly fabulous.

Love!

Oatmeal Butterscotch Caramel Cookies

2 sticks (1 cup/16 tablespoons) softened unsalted butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce

2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour

1 cup quick oats

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 bag butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

2. In stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, a good 2-3 minutes. Slowly add in eggs, vanilla and caramel sauce.

3. Place flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with butterscotch chips. Mix until just combined then scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Comments

That dulce de leche and the butterscotch chips…mmmm, so good! I love both. And oatmeal cookies. These look sooo good!

And I am coveting that straw! I have to do a few icy drinks food shoots this week and have been looking high and low for old-fashioned looking straws and I’ve come to realize, much harder to find than I’d ever imagined without doing mail order.

Nessa Robins says:

I love oaty cookies and these look delicious! I must make some this week. Have a great day.

Oh my! So easy, and so delicious looking! Mmm mmm.

oh yummy flavors in a cookie. All of my favorites. Love your little guy :) See you soon!!

Caley says:

Wow, these look amazing! There are not enough butterscotch recipes out there, so thanks for sharing this! :)

A) I’m pretty much in love with your pink mixer! How fantastic :)
    B) Oatmeal cookies are my favorite so I can’t wait to try these!

Oh Jenny, my mouth is watering over these babies! And that photo of your little guy licking the beater — precious!

I can *almost* taste these! Love the combo of oatmeal, butterscotch and caramel…and that sauce DOES look incredible!

Your son is too cute! :)

Carol says:

Those cookies look completely sinful. I must try them soon!

Oh my these look great! I posted a recipe today with butterscotch and caramel too. Delicious combo!

Jennifer says:

These look fantastic! I would like to lick the beater as well.

Stephanie says:

Ooh, I want, I want! hehe

Lauren says:

DELISH! I think I could eat that caramel sauce with a spoon! Looks amazing!

Nina says:

Looks and sounds super yummy. I LOVE caramel anything. I am pinning this and will go back and make it myself another day. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie says:

Oatmeal butterscotch cookies are my favorite. I never imagined that they could get BETTER! Love it!

What a great combo of ingredients. I love your no-fear approach to experimentation.

Keep writing…

Oatmeal Scotchies are my favorite cookie! I made some over the weekend. But I love the addition of caramel, Jenny. I actually made salted caramel yesterday to add to salted caramel frosting I will be posting this week. I should’ve thrown some of that into the cookie dough. Next time though!

I love butterscotch chips and want to put them in everything! I’ve never seen that caramel sauce but will definitely look into it!

Amber says:

Butterscotch is my absolute favorite favorite flavor! Thanks for the recipe I will definitely be trying it. (And how do you stay so thin???? :))

Robin Chesser says:

Just finished making these…OMG…so good!!!!

Lynna says:

yum yum yumm!! i actually like some cookies that`s been in the fridge too! aha

Carrie says:

I love oatmeal cookies — I always put Rice Krispies cereal in mine for an added crunch. Yummm.

These look delicious! I love when cookies taste good out of the fridge.

Those look completely fabulous! The dulce de leche just puts it over the top amazing! :)

Your blog has got me itchin’ for some cookies! I loved butterscotch growing up and I bet these cookies are perfect for a summer treat. I make butterschotch cookies with crushed salted pretzels and they are a great combo of sweet n’ savory! I can’t wait to meet you in Seattle for BlogHer Food and the TreeTop tour this week!

Your cookies always look so delicious..i just need to go ahead and print the recipes for them all!

I could eat these right now for breakfast..only then I would feel guilty about it all day. So, perhaps I shall make a healthy breakfast and then make these for a yummy snack. Cannot wait.

Yummm oats and caramel and butterscotch, what a great combination!

Wow – butterscotch chips are my favourite! :) And the oatmeal at least kind of makes it lowish GI ha ha! I love ur mixer! Its just gorgeous, it suits you!

Seasonsgirl says:

I am going to try these with rice flour to make them gluten free as they look like a cookie I could LOVE :)

Alyssa says:

Can’t go wrong with Dulce de Leche!

Chels R. says:

Love your beautiful mixer!!!! And these look insanely good!

Tickled Red says:

I sure hope that there are some left for you to bring to Seattle…drool-liscious!

Caramel and Butterscotch? Now this is my type of cookie!

jenn says:

can’t wait to make these. thank!

my goodness i wish i had one of those right now! butterscotch is my favorite! mm! thanks for sharing!

Whoa, oatmeal, caramel and butterscotch chips in a cookie. These sound presidential!!

I love all the flavors in these cookies!

Anything with dulce de leche calls my name 24/7 – I just love how comforting these cookies look!

Your mixer is to-die-for-GORGEOUS and I have to say, oatmeal scotchies are one of my favorite cookies! So sweet yet salty, chewy and crispy… just totally perfect. Adding caramel is totally an extra addition I can agree with. Yummy!

Rose F. says:

I made these cookies a few weeks ago but they didn’t come out right:( I did not have the caramel sauce you used, so I used La Lechera dulce de leche. It was almost if they needed more flour and oatmeal. They came out flat (baking soda was fresh), really, really sweet, and almost inedible. Did anyone have this issue? They look to-die-for in your recipe!

Amanda says:

I just made these even though I bookmarked it when it was first posted. I only made one change–to increase the butterscotch flavor, I added a box of butterscotch pudding mix just before the flour and oats. They turned out great and are very flavorful. Great recipe!

Liz says:

My absolute favorite cookie!! Love the addition of the caramel. Thanks for writing!

HOLY COW. I just made these to send in a care package for my college student and his fraternity brothers and they are going to be lucky if they get 4 cookies sent to them. My husband and I have inhaled almost the ENTIRE batch since LAST NIGHT. Now I have to make another batch. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It’s brilliant.

Laura says:

I love dulce de leche, these are being pinned NOW and made VERY SOON. :)

[...] and had the brilliant idea of using them in a cookie. I wanted a cookie like Picky Palate’s Oatmeal Butterscotch Caramel ones so I played around with the ingredients but didn’t get exactly what I wanted. Maybe it [...]

Liz says:

Please don’t publish my email address. Wonderful recipe. Thanks and Happy 4th.