Jul
2012

Chicken Gorgonzola Bruschetta Garlic Toast

Tags: , , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

These little toasts are so much fun.  Full of my favorite flavors: gorgonzola, chicken, lots of garlic and of course juicy bruschetta topping.

If you are not a gorgonzola fan, use a good mozzarella and this will be equally as good.  Wanna know what else?  It only take about 5 minutes in the oven!  Woohoo!

Serve this fabulous toast with any Italian dish you might be serving or eat it straight up for lunch…or serve with soup :)

You are going to love this one.

Here’s your basic line-up.  Not pictured is my chicken breast that was cooling on the oven :)

My sweet niece was face timing me for this whole recipe.  What a cutie she is!  Miss you Junie!!

Ok, start with a fabulous loaf of bread.  I like to use the par baked ciabatta from Trader Joes.  It’s fabulous x 10!

Spread both sides generously with some buttah.

Sprinkle with some good garlic salt.

The fun part, top with gorgonzola!  Love it!

Top with cooked shredded chicken breast, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.

Top with some fresh beautiful bruschetta topping, see my recipe below.

Bake in your oven’s broiler for about 5 minutes and it will come out golden and toasted ever so lovely.

Cut into slices and get ready to be in love!

Oh mama mia, crispy and fabulous!

Chicken Gorgonzola Bruschetta Garlic Toast

Chicken Gorgonzola Bruschetta Garlic Toast 4 textIngredients

• 5 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 10 large fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled then thinly sliced (chiffonade)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

_______

• 1 pound Ciabatta bread or French Loaf, split
  • 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
  • 1- 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola (depending on how much you like)
  • 1 large chicken breast, shredded

Directions

1. Preheat oven’s broiler with rack 5-6 inches from top.
  2. To prepare bruschetta topping, place diced tomatoes, garlic, sliced basil leaves, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
  3. Place split bread cut side up onto a large baking sheet. Spread with butter and season with garlic salt. Top evenly with gorgonzola cheese and shredded chicken. Top with bruschetta topping and place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Remove, cut into 2 inch slices and serve.

Makes 6 servings, 2 slices of toast each

Comments

My husband would love this one, Jenny! The garlic, chicken, warm bread…yep..he’d be very happy if I’d make this.

I want to eat this for dinner! The gorgonzola puts it over the top. YUM!

Yes! Gorgonzola is definitely “the fun part.” :)

What a perfect easy summer meal! Thanks :)

marla says:

Is it OK that it is 5:34am and I am now craving bruschetta?! Looks great Jenny! xo

I could DEFINITELY eat this as a meal…that bread looks fab!!

Deborah says:

With the bread and the gorgonzola, I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off of this!

Amanda says:

Oh my goodness, this looks fabulous, girl! I know what I’m making this week! :)

Mmmm the bread and melted gorgonzola sound divine right now.

I want this for breakfast. I know it’s wrong, but I don’t care.

Helene says:

It never crossed my mind to make a bruschetta with gorgonzola. That must be yum!

Cassie says:

Amazing flavor combo, Jenny! I love gorgonzola!

What a great idea for bruschetta with the chicken, it makes it more of a meal…yum.

Love bruschetta…the addiction of chicken sounds super delicious!

Yeah, I sort of just died right now.

Donna says:

This looks so yummy! I love bruschetta! I never thought of putting chicken in it before.

what a great combination of flavors and way to top it on crusty bread!! love it, Jenny!

Looking at your pictures tells me that this treat has got to taste so-o good.

Keep writing…

Wow! I think I want this for dinner! Ciabatta, Gorgonzola, and bruschetta?!? I dont think it can get better!!!! Love it Jenny! Xo

Who on earth is not a fan of gorgonzola? I was eating some straight from the package; I kid you not, like 5 minutes ago!

Wow, super tasty looking especially with gorgonzola..a huge fav of mine. I used to make a bread like this at Whole Foods and it sold like crazy! TJ’s has awesome bread, I love the mini kalamata olive baguettes.

Kristen M. says:

I have a girls’ night this Saturday and we all have to bring an app. This would be perfect! :)

YUM! Love the gorgonzola. Might try it with feta too.

This is dinner tomorrow. Love!

Susan J says:

Yum! Question, could you freeze it? Like if I made a whole loaf of french bread but only wanted to eat half today? Probably not the bruschetta, but if you made it up to the point where you put that on, do you think it would freeze well?

Hi Susan, I don’t see why you couldn’t freeze the garlic loaf ahead of time. Just add the bruschetta topping after defrosted.

Wow! Every word in that title makes me want to get out my baking sheet even though I’m stuffed from dinner. Totally pinning this!

Ashley says:

Made this last night for dinner with a caesar salad! Yum. I love gorgonzola but daughter and honey don’t so I didn’t tell them! I just made it and waited for everyone to say they LOVED it to tell them what was in it. I put extra cheese on my side as well ;o)

How sweet that you FaceTimed with your niece while cooking! I love the idea of this toast and might just have it one day for breakfast, lunch AND dinner!

Elvira says:

This looks awesome!!!

Courtney says:

Oh my gosh, these are DIVINE! I made them to accompany our tortellini dinner last weekend and I was blown away. I omitted the chicken and only used about 3/4 cup cheese and it was still incredible. Love the buttery goodness and the subtle hint of balsamic vinegar. I used foccacia bread. I just can’t say enough about what a treat it was!

emily says:

Would sour dough bread work for this? Do you think it would taste good or no?
    Thanks!
    Emily

health,basketball,sport,soccer,football,golf,forex,investing,investment,money,travel,tour,holiday,health,culinary Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy learning much more on this subject. If achievable, as …

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy learning much more on this subject. If achievable, as you gain experience, would you mind updating your weblog with more details? Its very useful for me….

Ping says:

parang mas proud pa sya sa mga pinoy na? maging Pilipino ah. ^ ^….. visit http://goo.gl/HNBgn to watch pinoy tv shows

[…] CHICKEN GORGONZOLA BRUSCHETTA (adapted from Picky Palate) […]