These little toasts are so much fun. Full of my favorite flavors: gorgonzola, chicken, lots of garlic and of course juicy bruschetta topping.
If you are not a gorgonzola fan, use a good mozzarella and this will be equally as good. Wanna know what else? It only take about 5 minutes in the oven! Woohoo!
Serve this fabulous toast with any Italian dish you might be serving or eat it straight up for lunch…or serve with soup 🙂
You are going to love this one.
Here’s your basic line-up. Not pictured is my chicken breast that was cooling on the oven 🙂
My sweet niece was face timing me for this whole recipe. What a cutie she is! Miss you Junie!!
Ok, start with a fabulous loaf of bread. I like to use the par baked ciabatta from Trader Joes. It’s fabulous x 10!
Spread both sides generously with some buttah.
Sprinkle with some good garlic salt.
The fun part, top with gorgonzola! Love it!
Top with cooked shredded chicken breast, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
Top with some fresh beautiful bruschetta topping, see my recipe below.
Bake in your oven’s broiler for about 5 minutes and it will come out golden and toasted ever so lovely.
Cut into slices and get ready to be in love!
Oh mama mia, crispy and fabulous!
Chicken Gorgonzola Bruschetta Garlic Toast
- 5 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled then thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Ciabatta bread or French Loaf, split
- 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1- 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola (depending on how much you like)
- 1 large chicken breast, shredded
- Preheat oven’s broiler with rack 5-6 inches from top.
- To prepare bruschetta topping, place diced tomatoes, garlic, sliced basil leaves, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Place split bread cut side up onto a large baking sheet. Spread with butter and season with garlic salt. Top evenly with gorgonzola cheese and shredded chicken. Top with bruschetta topping and place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Remove, cut into 2 inch slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings, 2 slices of toast each