Jul
2012

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie A la Mode

Tags: , ,

Cookies

I had so much fun developing this recipe.  Talk about kinda dangerous though.  This baby is baked in 60 seconds, no lie!! The cookie dough recipe is prepared right in your ramekin, so we are also talking about minimal dishes.  Win win, right?

You know those fabulous pizzookie’s you order at certain restaurants?  Yah, this is just like that but done in literally no time.  This makes one large serving so double or triple the recipe as needed.  This is a great one to share with your loved ones :)  ……or just devour yourself.

In any case, Enjoy my friends!!

Start by creaming your butter and sugars right in your ramekin.

Just like so, light and fluffy.

You’ll add a couple tablespoons of beaten egg next.

A splash of vanilla please.

Give another good stir of the spoon until combined.

Once combined, add your dry ingredients right to the ramekin.

Flour, salt and baking soda all set!

Give a few stirs then….

Time for some fabulous chips!

Oh yah!  Now get this baby into the microwave!  60 seconds please!

Top with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with my homemade magic shell!

Mmmmm.

To share or not to share?

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie A la Mode

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie Ala Mode 2Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons beaten egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Place butter and sugars into a 2-cup ramekin, beat with spoon until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir a couple times, then add chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Microwave for 60 seconds then remove. Run a plastic knife around edges, will be slightly gooey, no worries. Cookie will continue to set up in hot ramekin. Top with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with my homemade magic shell. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 large serving, perfect for sharing

Comments

Kathy says:

It’s very cruel of you to offer up this recipe to everyone. It’s 2 AM where I am and I’m seriously considering making one right now. Except that I don’t have any ice cream, so I guess I’ll have to wait at least until the grocery store opens. Sounds like a plan.

Liz says:

Where I am in Australia we have two different supermarkets, one which is open until midnight and another one which opens at midnight! So either way I’m cover, unfortunately I’m at work… but when I get home! I will be making these!!

This looks awesome, Jenny! And so fast and easy and just….well, a little too easy :) You and Christi both have nearly the same posts/recipes that went live within an hour or so of each other. I need cookies, now!

Wow, these look amazing, for those days where you just need a cookie right then! Definitely be pinning this up on my notice board, so I can have cookie bliss in about 5 minutes :)

I could have used this recipe last night! ;)

sreebindu says:

bloody simple :) excuse me, i was excited :)

What a totally fun idea! Love that it’s done in 60 seconds- brilliant! And dangerous too!

This will be the ned of my jeans. A chocolate chip cookie in 60 seconds? I am over.

That is an amazing idea! I am going to make this ASAP!

Great idea!!! I’ll definitely remember this when I’m in a pinch for time….or just craving some cookie deliciousness!

Caley says:

Wow, what a great idea! I’m one of those people who likes cookie dough/underbaked cookies much better than crisp ones, so this is pretty much perfect… :)

Amazing! I love the idea and can’t wait to try it.

I love microwave gooey cookies, but they are too dangerous:)

Fiona says:

I’m not sure whether to celebrate this recipe, or try to pretend I never saw it and spare my waist line!

Lisa says:

Thank you Jenny! One of life’s riddles is finally solved.

The answer is: “60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie a la Mode.”
    The question is: “Who is the Love Child of Ms. Mug Cake and Mr. Ice Cream Sandwich?”

That is one beautiful little Love Child :)

Heather B says:

Perfect and easy for the kids during summer – making this today!

laurie says:

Can;t get recipe to print

Lauren says:

You are evil. That is all.

Oh no, now I kinda wish I hadn’t seen this…. I thought the 1 serving deep dish cookies i made in the oven were easy, but after seeing this, I’m afraid I may be tempted to eat chocolate chip cookies way, way, way to much!;)

WOW! Brilliant!!! The kids would adore this!!!

Stephanie says:

I think my scale will hate me after this recipe. haha Thanks though!

What a great idea! I’ve done that with cookie dough before, but I never thought to do it in a ramekin!

Fantastic! Dangerous indeed.

Erin says:

This is dangerous. Only 1 min!?

Genius! Never shall I ever deny myself a late-night cookie craving again. ;)

Karly says:

Would you believe that I’ve been living without a microwave for about 3 months now and haven’t missed it at all until now? Ugh.

Amanda says:

MUST GET MAGIC SHELL RECIPE.

Also, this cookie concoction is perfect for making at work! Win over your cubicle-mates!

Lynne says:

The print button still doesn’t work for me. It leads me to a blank page. Love the recipe idea!

Juliana says:

Love the recipe! I can’t get it to print either. Just goes to a blank page.

Kristen M. says:

What a perfect summer treat! My sons will love having their own personal cookie dough sundae. I look forward to your magic shell recipe.

JulieD says:

Love this!!! I’m trying this ASAP!!!!!

Too fun! I’m making one of these while my kids are napping!

Oh Jenny…I can’t be trusted with this kind of information!! As someone who gets antsy when we run out of cookies at home, I’m so in trouble. :-)

Amanda says:

SO deliciously dangerous!! Love that you can make it all in one bowl!! :)

Love how quick and easy this is! Maybe too easy – this one could be dangerous for me :)

Marsha says:

What is the size of the ramekin? It says 2 cups and I have trouble finding such a thing on line. I don’t own ramekins but I think I need to now. This would be fun to make with the kids. any suggestions for a ramekin substitute? Thanks.

Hi Marsha, I know you can find them at kitchen stores like Sur La Table or Williams Sonoma. You can even use the smaller, easier to find 1 cup ramekins and just divide the batter between two of them for this recipe. Hope this helps :)

Jill says:

I really, really love this idea. I think I’ll have to go make it, and soon!

GAH!! I just broke the elastic on my stretchy pants looking at these sinful delights!

I love this idea, so will my boys. Thanks for the innovation.

Laurie says:

Oy… I’m just drooling over these already. As a teacher of special needs students, I like to do weekly cooking activities with the kids that help them learn new words, taste new things, and to engage in age-appropriate activities, this is perfect for the classroom. I have a microwave and I can just get a bunch of ramekins at Wal-mart or Big Lots for this! Each kid can have his or her own cookie now! Solves my oven problem too! So now I know what we are making Thursday! =) However, this is still too dangerous for me to keep at home now! =) I can just see my husband bugging me late at night to make him a cookie since it will only “take a minute!” And my teenagers can make their own as well without whining there’s nothing to eat. My sweet tooth thanks you but my waistline hates you! Can’t wait to see the magic shell recipe as I can do that with my students so they can drizzle it over their ice cream made in a ziploc bag!

MARY POSEY says:

Hi Laurie, I am the mom of a special needs child and I thank you for your commitment in working with such special children. I am probably going to try this, only without the sugar and see if they still come out ok. To be honest, I have never heard of a ramekin, but I will be looking for them on my next trip to Walmart so I can try this with him; I do a lot of baking and cooking with my son and he loves it.

I thank you sincerely Jenny, but my thighs do not! Yikes, this recipe is going to come in a little too handy. I’m intrigued by it too – I’m not a big fan of microwave cake recipes (the texture always seems off to me – a bit doughy), but I bet it works great as a cookie!

My hubby is going to love this!!!

Ok, so I had to make this tonight, of course. I only have 1 cup ramekins, so I ended up making it in a mixing box. Never crossed my mind to split it between two. *blush* But it was fantastic. Will definitely be making it again. The right way, next time.

You really made this, Jenny?! It really bakes in 60 seconds in the nuke machine?! Oh, boy!

Keep writing…

Sara Kamla says:

Can’t wait to try this with my son!

Elvira says:

Looks delicious!!

Some may say this is dangerous but I think it is perfect for when I crave a cookie and *shouldn’t* make a whole batch!

Lynna H. says:

Uhh….time to be a piggy and make this! :D IT`S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

Rachael A. says:

Almost burst into song when I found this post…I quit baking chocolate chip cookies because I will eat the whole batch. And now, oh glory, I can make ONE! You know what I’m having for a bed time snack tonight…:)

WhATT?!?!? a cookies in 60 sec! Oh yeah! This is tooooo awesome! This is the very best! Thanks so much for sharing!

You are absolutely brilliant. What a great way to enjoy dessert just once without be tempted by all of the leftovers. I love it! I cannot wait to try this.