Jul
2012

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie A la Mode

Tags: , ,

Cookies

I had so much fun developing this recipe.  Talk about kinda dangerous though.  This baby is baked in 60 seconds, no lie!! The cookie dough recipe is prepared right in your ramekin, so we are also talking about minimal dishes.  Win win, right?

You know those fabulous pizzookie’s you order at certain restaurants?  Yah, this is just like that but done in literally no time.  This makes one large serving so double or triple the recipe as needed.  This is a great one to share with your loved ones :)  ……or just devour yourself.

In any case, Enjoy my friends!!

Start by creaming your butter and sugars right in your ramekin.

Just like so, light and fluffy.

You’ll add a couple tablespoons of beaten egg next.

A splash of vanilla please.

Give another good stir of the spoon until combined.

Once combined, add your dry ingredients right to the ramekin.

Flour, salt and baking soda all set!

Give a few stirs then….

Time for some fabulous chips!

Oh yah!  Now get this baby into the microwave!  60 seconds please!

Top with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with my homemade magic shell!

Mmmmm.

To share or not to share?

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie A la Mode

60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie Ala Mode 2Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons beaten egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Place butter and sugars into a 2-cup ramekin, beat with spoon until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir a couple times, then add chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Microwave for 60 seconds then remove. Run a plastic knife around edges, will be slightly gooey, no worries. Cookie will continue to set up in hot ramekin. Top with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with my homemade magic shell. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 large serving, perfect for sharing

Comments

Debbie S says:

I couldn’t wait to make this last night and it didn’t disappoint!! The cookie is soooo good and sooo rich! I made one and sad to say I ate the whole thing before my hubby got home from work. I then had to make another one for him and he gobbled it down! Next time I’ll wait for him to get home and we’ll share one! Otherwise my waistband will explode!!

Sarah says:

Oh my gosh, this is looks sooooooo good. Yummmmm!

Cheyenne Renard says:

When are you going to release the Magic Shell Choc recipe . I would love to have it again Thank you so much. Congrats on both the new Son and the new Book Double Fun love to you and yours God Bless you all Cheyenne I sure miss the ocean when its over 113 thats too hot

Molly says:

Is 2 TB beaten egg about 1 egg, or more than that? Also, if we use salted butter should we just omit the kosher salt?

Thanks!

Meghan says:

I wanted to comment immediately about how delicious and amazing this looked, but I thought I’d make it first and THEN comment. Well… it’s incredible! I’m six months pregnant so I thought I could handle it on my own, but it’s definitely a treat for two. And the ice cream is the perfect touch because that cookie is screaming hot when it comes out. I used mint chocolate chip (my favorite). Anyway, everyone, it’s as amazingly tasty as it looks!

Awesome looking cookies!
    Check out http://www.GreenMaidworks.com for your Green cleaning services!!

Oh this isn’t good.
    Hi, my name is Stressed About Moving, and I have a huge chocolate/sweet problem. We all know stressed is desserts, so I am going to go make one of these while the little ones are sleeping and no one can see me eating it, ’cause then the calories don’t count right??

P.S. THANK YOU!

[...] wine, I was using my new StumbleUpon tool bar), when I came across this little bit of heaven:  the 60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie from Picky Palate.  She did a great job making up this [...]

sara says:

This is such a great recipe! This will be tonight’s recipe! One thing though– will I have to also decrease the time to 30 seconds if I use the 1 cup ramekins/divide the recipe?

kate says:

This did not work at all..just made a massive mess out of my microwave.

sara says:

Really?! I just made it and it came out perfectly! Was your microwave at power 100? Just curious :)

pm says:

I just made this, took me 11 mins and it was absolutely brilliant!!!!!! thank you :)

Happy says:

Just made this! It was amazing!!! I couldnt find any measuring utensils so I improvised with a dessert spoon and added a little extra flour when it seemed a little gooey. It came out prefectly cooked and extremely delicious. I’ve been looking for a reasonable and easy to make microwave cake for too long. Any other ones I’ve tried up to this point have been disappointingly dry or solid, this most certainly was not. Thank you so much for the recipe

Elo says:

I tried this tonight. I made two since i wasn’t too sure about how much egg, and figured i’d use a full egg between two recipes. I found that at 60 seconds, my first was a bit wet around the edges. Another 10 seconds fixed that perfectly. It’s spongier than a baked cookie, but really, really good. I’ll definitely be doing this more in the future – and I love how easy the recipe is to make and remember. Thanks (:

[...] by Lauren Zembron (adapted from Picky Palate’s 60 Second Chocolate Chip Cookie a la Mode) [...]

Liz Cook says:

I made this and it was delicious but when I put it in the microwave, it bubbled up and over the ramakin. Did I do something wrong? It was still yummy but messy. Your picture looks so neat and clean. My ramakin was not small, I don’t think. It’s about 3 1/2 inches wide and about 2 1/2 inches tall.

This sounds like heaven in a ramekin! I love that you make the cookie right in the ramekin for a quick, easy and portion-controlled treat. Brilliant!

Katie Dale says:

I just made this and it was delicious but it took a lot more than 60 seconds! More like 3 minutes, but I know microwaves vary.

Diet Plan says:

My mouth is watering already

I will let you know how it goes

[...] View Full Instruction var dd_offset_from_content = 40; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0; Tagged: Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cookie [...]

Krystal L says:

Wow – pure genius. I didn’t even know that making something that looks so utterly delicious was even possible in such a short period of time! I’ll definitely try this one next.

Betty says:

This recipe is just wrong, no wonder 75% of America is OBESE

OMG looking so delicious :P

Shelly B. says:

I have to tell you…I made this to tonight, with a couple of unintentional adjustments. First, I used a coffee mug…Second, we used the last if our eggs at dinner so I substituted 2 tbsp if applesauce (I was expecting a total failure) and then after 60 seconds it looked undercooked so I hit it for 45 more seconds. Can I say it was delicious!!! I have NEVER tried a substitution like applesauce before but it was quite good!

I’ve made your mini Oreo stuffed chocolate chips cookie before also and they were a huge hit with the Fam.

I think I love you!! Hahaha…I stalk your blog and have ore-ordere your book off amazon. Your recipes are amazing and I can’t wait to try any number of the ones I have printed out and waiting to find their way into my tummy :)

Thanks again!

Reena says:

I tried making this and it came out cakey not like a cookie :(

[...] yummy recipe was adapted from picky-palate.com. Makes a cookie for [...]

Paloma says:

Tastes great! I didn’t have butter so i had to use shortening instead, turned out like a fluffy cake but its still delicous and moist! :) thank you for the recipe!

Jason says:

This stumble has made me very hungry.

Ashley says:

Just made this!!! Amazing!!! :) Loved it.
    It did take a little bit longer to cook (but I have a VERY old microwave and I substituted Milled Flax Seed and water for the egg), but it was delicious and super quick for a homemade dessert. My kids LOVED it!
    Thank you so much!

Helen says:

Just made this for my better half and his 15 y/o. It went down quicker than I made it, extremely tasty, shame there’s no more chocolate chips in house!

[...] back in the fridge (cuz really, who bakes two cookies?!) until I remembered seeing pictures of  Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One (especially the one by Picky Palate) these past couple of weeks and within seconds, I was [...]

LalaLooney says:

Hi. Well, seeing as pretty much everyone else who’s commented on this is saying how much they love/hate the idea, I figured I might comment on how it actually turns out. Mine didn’t work out that great, unfortunately =( The top was all bubbly and eggy, and the bottom was pretty much pure chocolate. And it took well over 60 seconds – mine took about 1:40, because after a minute it was just pure liquid – we probably have very different microwaves. It was still fairly yummy, but it was disappointing enough that I don’t think I have to worry about getting too big for my jeans because of it.

Nadia says:

WOW!!! So worth it!! Made it for a special night and turned out great!! my honey couldn’t believe that when i put the egg in, it did not need to be “baked”…. so cute….

Thanks!!

Emily says:

I was really excited to try these but was sorely disappointed. They turned out very salty. And not very much like a cookie. More like cookie-cake. Not sure if I’ll try them again, but if I do, I’ll only add a dash of salt. So disappointed . . .

Kate says:

Good recipe but it’s much too salty. Next time I make it, I’ll be decreasing the salt to 1/8 teaspoon. 1/4 is a LOT of salt.

jasmine says:

mine failed completely but it was good fun

[...] picky-palate.com via Krystle on [...]

CJ says:

Okay, okay, you are my frikkin HERO. OH MY GOD YES. I’ve been having cravings for AGES but I’m too busy and this is just FANTASTIC oh my god THANK YOU.

[...] yummy recipe was adapted from picky-palate.com. Makes a cookie for [...]

Mo says:

Hi! My husband and I just devoured our ramekin cookies! Such a delicious little treat! Thanks for sharong!

[...] The 60-Second Chocolate Chip Cookie (adjusted from (Picky Palate) [...]

This is definitely on my to-do list. Whenever I get a hankering for anything sweet, I’m going to indulge. :D

[...] er tilpassa fra Picky Palate. Tweet !function(d,s,id){var [...]

ena says:

can i use oven instead of microwave?.. i dont hav microwave

Madeleine says:

Thank you sooooo much! My roommates and I are studying abroad in Gambia, West Africa, without an oven and this is so wonderful!

Anisa says:

I’ve made this twice and it’s come out more like quite a light sponge, it’s actually a lot nicer a sponge than normal microwaveable recipes! But yes, I was wondering what I’m doing to make it so un-cookie-like…

Kristie says:

Sooo…I made this with my daughter but when we cooked them in our high-power microwave for 60 seconds, they were still goo. :( I put them in for 30 more seconds, then 30 more seconds, until they resembled a cookie. However, it didn’t look anything like yours! What did we do wrong? We followed the recipe exactly. I really want this to work. Please help! :)

Lauren says:

This is brilliant! Eating my creation right now and it’s to die for! Great job!

maddy says: