Sep
2012

Triple Chip Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Oh how I love a good chunky chocolate cookie full of chips.  This one has three of my favorite chips throughout…..white chocolate, butterscotch and chocolate chips.  Make sure you use whatever chips you like, any variety works great.

The chocolate cookie base is fudgy and perfect.  I can’t wait to play around with more additions :)

Enjoy!

Let’s start by adding some sugars to the butter.

Here’s the brown sugar.  Cream for a good 2 minutes.

Add one large egg :)

Time for some vanilla then give a good mix.

Time for the dry ingredients.

A little cocoa powder please :)

Here come the chips!  White chocolate up first.

I used some mini chocolate chips next.  Regular size works too.

Last but not least is the butterscotch.  Love!

Love this sight :)

Mix mix mix.

Here you have a jam packed chocolate cookie dough.

Place nicely onto your baking sheet and time to bake!

Ahhhh, there we go!

You won’t be sorry you made these babies :)

Triple Chip Chocolate Chunk Cookies

• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup white chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup mini or regular chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Place butter and sugars into a stand or electric mixer and beat until light and creamy, a good 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Add chips and mix to combine. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet 1 inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but opinions are my own.

Comments

I don’t think the dough could have held one single extra chip – and I think that’s pretty awesome. They look perfect, Jenny! :)

IdaBaker says:

Now these are chocolate chip cookies I can really get into, meaning, fully loaded. It is already my habit to add extra chips when making this type of cookie, but with the addition of different flavors, the taste must be fantastic.

I’ll have to add this to my weekend endeavors!!

Belinda says:

Hi Jenny,

This cookie base looks fantastic. Just wondering if you can put the weights of the ingredients that you use on your recipies for those non-USA readers?

Also, do you sift your flour before measuring ’1 cup’?

Thanks!

The amount of chips in this looks too good to be true.

Your pink mixer is the cutest! And I loooove these cookies!

Caley says:

These look great! I love the picture of all the chips sitting in the mixer :)

Mm, the more chips the better! Love it. :)

Liisa says:

Perfect first dAy of school treat for my cookie lovers! Making them this morning… Thank you.

I NEED these!! Thinking about you and hoping you go into labor soon Jenny ;-)

My Mom always put tons of chocolate chips in her chocolate chip cookies. She always said what is the point of chocolate chip cookies if there isn’t multiple chocolate chips in each bite! She never made them with a chocolate cookie base though! Love that these are so rich and chocolaty!

These look great, and I LOVE the pink mixer!

carrian says:

These truly do look fantastic. Cannot wait to give them a try!

Totally agree with your cookie strategy: the more mix-ins the better. These cookies look right up my alley – bring the chocolate!!

Melissa Poling says:

Holy cow! I’m not sure which I NEED more… these coocies or that hot pink mixer!! Too bad I have the same one in cobalt blue. Seeing how long my mom has had her Kitchen Aid stand mixer (30+ years) I don’t think I’ll be lucky enough that mine will wear out and need to be replaced. Oh well, a girl can dream!

Love cookies loaded with chips!

Wow~Wow~Wow! These look amazing! I am not a milk drinker..but these just seem to make me want a glass!

Jo F. says:

Excellent chips-to-dough ratio…I’d like a little cookie dough with my chips, please :) Can’t wait to try these!

Awesome!!! Chocolate cookies being my fav, its a fabulous share. :-D

[...] triple chip chocolate chunk cookies. /* [...]

I love all those chips! What a dreamy cookie!

Chelsea says:

Oh my goodness you make my type of cookie!!

Stephanie says:

Triple chip attack! I don’t think I can ever use just one type of chip in my cookies. And I normally overload just like you, hehe

Those cookies are looking really good!

Tiffany Brown says:

Made these tonight our new favorite cookie :-)

These are my kind of cookies!! Looks delish :)

I want to make chocolate cookies – just wondering what the differences are (in taste and texture) between these and the Chocolate Fudge PB Stuffed Cookies.