Nov
2012

Christmas Gift Ideas, My Favorite Things 2012

Tags:

It’s always tricky trying to figure out what to buy family and friends for Christmas isn’t it?!  I’ve put together some of my favorite things that will make your shopping a little easier :)  These are just my opinions, this post is NOT sponsored.

For the cooking/baking enthusiast, what better gift than my new cookbook? Lol!  Ok, I might be partial, but how cute to put together a gift basket with my book, a cookie sheet, a cookie scoop, silpat liner, teaspoons and a bag of Oreo Cookies to make my Oreo Stuffed Cookies from the cover of my book?!  I think it’s adorable and I’ll be doing that myself this year :)

For little girls, my pick is Bakerella’s new Cake Pot kit available at Toys R Us.  Little girls can create Angie’s adorable cake pops in their own kitchen with their moms.  It is available for $19.99 and absolutely adorable!

My pick for PJ’s this year are these fun gold and black polka dot ones you can find at Target!  $24.99 for the set, which is much better than the $90 ones I was peeking at from J. Crew :)  Woohoo!  I better order mine before they sell out.  Aren’t they so cute?!

For your girlfriends I recommend two of my favorite Stella and Dot bracelets, the Hope and the Love Bracelet.  They are affordable and look amazing on!  The Hope bracelet runs for $39 and the Love bracelet $19.  I stocked up on these for gifts this year.

Love how the bracelets look together.  So simple and beautiful.

I don’t know what it is about these knitted fingerless mittens, but I LOVE them.  So cute for the winter :)  Found these on Etsy HERE.

How perfectly adorable are these mug sweaters from etsy?!  I saw this photo on Facebook and could not believe how cute they are!  Great gift idea for the cold winter months.

Perhaps a gift for yourself or for your foodie friend :)  One of my favorite little bags/pouch right now is this “Arm Candy” pouch spelled out in Sprinkles by Kate Spade.  I think every food blogger needs this!  Perfect for a little clutch, iPad pouch or make up bag.  It runs for $138.00 and you can find it at Kate Spade, Nordstrom and Bloomingdales.  This one does not disappoint.

Some of my favorite scarves right now are these from the new collection from Stella and Dot.  I own most of these and can’t say enough about them.  They are so soft and wrap perfectly.  Love the fun colors and designs too.  Great for any gal :)

I fell head over heels (literally) for these new “Karolina” heels from Kate Spade.  They are my new favorites with that adorable gold heel.  Definitely only for a special occasion with their price tag.  Mine came for my birthday/anniversary, lol!

How fun are these bacon and eggs spatulas?!  for $12.95 each, you can find them at Sur La Table, which is always a fun place for gifts for the cook and baker.

For the new mom with baby, Noodle and Boo products are a must! I wouldn’t have believed it had I not received a set for my baby shower. Noodle and Boo makes the most lovely baby shampoo, body wash, wipes and so many other goodies. They smell so perfectly baby wonderful. Trust me on this one, any mom will be over the moon with these products. You can find this line at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and other high end stores. You can also order online through Noodle and Boo and Amazon :)

My pick for a fun new winter shoe are these great new Wool Wedges by Toms.  They are surprisingly comfortable and absolutely adorable.

For Mom or Dad, husband or wife, my pick is this Brookstone neck and shoulder massager.  Last year my husband and I tried it out in the store and we almost bought it on the spot, lol!  It is amazing and even has a heat feature.  It’s the next best thing to an actual massage :)  It’s a little pricey ($99.00) but you could even split the cost between siblings.

For baby boys, I have fallen in love with this etsy shop Sweetcheeks4You that makes these vintage inspired onsies.  How cute are they?  They are $24.99 and take 2-3 weeks  before they’ll be shipped so plan accordingly.  I can’t wait to get mine for Pax!

Another new piece from Stella and Dot is this lovely Suzanne Cocktail Ring.  It’s only $39.00 and is absolutely adorable on.  Great gift for Mom, Mother-in-Law, sister or wife.

Totally LOVING this glow in the dark nail polish from American Apparel!  For only $6.00 it’s great for any teen or hip mom on your list :)

Kind of obsessed with this gorgeous cowl I found on Etsy by LuluandLoie.  It is $55.00 and handmade which makes it even more special.  Doesn’t it look so cozy?!

I came across these adorable products from Black Lap Products and am in love!  How cute is this toothpaste dispenser?  For $4.99 it’s the perfect little stocking stuffer if you ask me :)

The same company sells these ketchup and mustard lids.  How funny is this?!  Great little gift for your foodie friends :)

My favorite time of year to buy make-up!!  Sephora always has the best gifts that come out at Christmas.  I bought this one a few weeks ago and absolutely love it.  For $25, you get all of these lipsticks/glosses and they are pretty good size.  Great gift for yourself, mom, sister, whoever!  FYI these gifts go fast at Sephora, so if you like it, I’d go get it quick :)

My fragrance choice this year is Prada Candy.  It’s fairly new and I love it.  It’s sweet  but not overwhelming.  Great for any gal :)

Comments

Frances says:

Great Picks! I ordered the puppy pete toothpaste dispenser. Wasnt crazy about the $4.00 s/h however. Keep up the great work!

OMG what a fun roundup!!! Just wrote down a few things for my teen daughter! Thanks!!

Rachel Cooks says:

Fun posts! I love roundups like this.

Fun ideas! Did you end up getting those Tom’s wedges???

Such fun ideas, Jenny! I love how you have plenty of ideas for boys! :)

Holly says:

I love all the etsy choices!

Sister Spice says:

What fabulous ideas! Thanks for the great post!

Totaly fun ideas! Those toothpaste dispensers are hilarious!

Great ideas and personally I would love your cookbook and that wonderful basket of goodies!

Tons of good ideas! I’ve got my eye on those PJ’s. =)

Love everything!!! I SO wanted those pj’s…and Target was out of my size! I never thought about checking their website! Duh! ;)

Ricki says:

Love the ketchup/toothpaste dispensers! So fun!

Rachel Lore'l says:

Just noticed a tiny error. I think you mean cake poP not cake poT kit. :)

Prada Candy is my favorite too! Just went on to a second bottle!

Aunt Cori says:

OMG! Behind your suggested gift basket, I just saw you have a pink Kitchenaid mixer! I have always wanted one of those giant Kitchenaid’s but have never had a place for it, I knew they came in colors but I’d never looked for pink. That is adorable! That toaster oven on my counter may have to find a new home.

I’m hoping Santa brings me your cookbook! As for those Toms Wedges – WOW I think I’ve just fallen in love, I neeeeeed those shoes! I have the vampy ketchup lid, I love it, use it all the time! :)

Omigosh! As I was scrolling down this list I was trying to pick out my favorites and quickly realized – I love just about everything! From the huge knitted cowl to the wool wedges and glow in the dark polish… oh, and the Stella and Dot jewelry! What a lovely collection of unique gift ideas, Jenny! Thank you!!

Lol ! I’m definitively in love with your cook book, the mug sweater, the pink shoes, the spatulas (love, love !) But I’m not sure to eat a ketchup who comes from a vampire’s mouth :D

I love all of these ideas! Especially those wool wedges!

Crystal says:

Awesome gift ideas–thanks for sharing!

JeanieB says:

I just came across my fingerless mittens in your gift ideas! I’m glad you love them. I have to get those Toms!

Jenn says:

I am so ordering that nail polish for my nieces!

Those gloves are so cute and I’m totally saving that nail polish link for later… my girls will get the biggest kick out of it.

Ambar says:

Awesome ideas! I’m so happy i saw this post! I’ve been looking for something that can massage only my shoulders and neck! Thanks to you now i can get it:)

Ok, now I have to find a way to casually send this list to my husband’s mail. Because I want everything.

traci says:

You must havr boys. My little boy loved the toothpaste dispensers. Such a cute find. We love the new magnetic nailpolish too. My little girl and her friends are obsessed. They love glow kn the dark too though. Classic favorite.

Cait says:

the picky palate cookbook is most def on my list! ;)

carmen says:

Looks great

marla says:

AWESOME ideas here Jenny!! Those mug sweaters are adorable! Have a great Thanksgiving :) XO

Carla sue says:

I just ordered the lipgloss set from Sephora, that was a great deal!
    They were offering freebies, of a makeup case with samples and more samples on top of those! That will go fast ! Thanks for the tips!

Wonderful gift picks! I have a couple new ones on my wish list now! Happy Thanksgiving!

Margomae says:

Wow! The etsy ideas are super cool! Love all the items and you even gave me a couple of great ideas for those ‘hard to buy for’ friends.

I wouldn’t mind to see some of these around my Christmas tree.

[...] about Jenny’s recipes before, and I’m going to do it again — she just gets it. Jenny understands what real people want to eat. Picky kids? No problem. Maybe Dad won’t eat [...]

Nice picks! If my hubby can take a hint, I’ll be getting a Silpat for Christmas…

Wenderly says:

Oh this post just made my sick little self soooo HAPPY! I love everything!! Thanks for the fun inspiration love!! xo

Kiki says:

I LOVE Prada Candy!! It is my GO TO this year as well. :)

Lily says:

I love the shoes! Like its to die for! The other pictures looks amazing! Thank you for sharing it.